{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ifollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:04 am

white5581 wrote:Yeah I thought it was about 24-48 hours after, but i had it this morning and watch around15mins before I had to turn it off, but when I returned to the app the option was gone.

Just a guess but maybe they were doing a dry run ready for transmission later, then took it back down.

If it's Mark Stevenson running the stream, I've seen him put up video's to youtube for testing then take them back down again.

Early days yet but come September I'm sure we'll all know the routine.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:06 am

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but the commentary was 3 minutes behind the action yesterday.

I didn't listen myself but was eaves dropping a bloke in front queuing just before half time. When Crewe scored, it took an age for commentary to catch up.

3 minutes lag is surely too much in this day and age
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby white5581 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:47 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
white5581 wrote:Yeah I thought it was about 24-48 hours after, but i had it this morning and watch around15mins before I had to turn it off, but when I returned to the app the option was gone.

my understanding is the full 90 minutes should be available for you to watch from midday

And you would be correct thanks martin
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:03 pm

tibby wrote:Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but the commentary was 3 minutes behind the action yesterday.

I didn't listen myself but was eaves dropping a bloke in front queuing just before half time. When Crewe scored, it took an age for commentary to catch up.

3 minutes lag is surely too much in this day and age

I've mentioned this before, quite a few times. The lag is under 30 seconds. I had my laptop in front of me yesterday, recording the commentary, and checked it.

However if you're wifi is slow and/or has dropouts, then you will be further behind.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:

Just a guess but maybe they were doing a dry run ready for transmission later, then took it back down.

If it's Mark Stevenson running the stream, I've seen him put up video's to youtube for testing then take them back down again.

Early days yet but come September I'm sure we'll all know the routine.

It isn't. It is done from EFL iFollow headquarters.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bex » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Can you still go on other clubs ifollow sites 'cos when I tried Crewes site to watch videos its asking me to fork out again?
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:13 pm

bex wrote:Can you still go on other clubs ifollow sites 'cos when I tried Crewes site to watch videos its asking me to fork out again?

I believe bex that this deal with iFollow allows you access to your chosen club only.

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bex » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Oh right SoS,well thats a backwards step :thumbdown:
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby JAMES9002 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:32 pm

bex wrote:Oh right SoS,well thats a backwards step :thumbdown:

Might of been a club thing i assume they get revenue from this so splitting it down so you know exactly how many fans from each time are forking out its easier to sort how much each club gets also means the bigger clubs get more than say if the whole pot was just shared out equally.
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stanns stag » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Mine worked fine in the end through Chrome on a windows 7 desktop.

Bit of bother finding the actual link but no real lag in the buffering, I had to refresh once but you used to get that in the old service too.

Thanks again to Martin, excellent commentary as always, I will be renewing later this month when my subscription expires. A life saver on cold winter afternoons when Stags are playing away and you can't afford to go...
stanns stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:54 pm

bex wrote:Can you still go on other clubs ifollow sites 'cos when I tried Crewes site to watch videos its asking me to fork out again?

The answer is no which I think is a backward step as the previous stags player system allowed you to watch videos from other League 2 sites. I have complained about this to ifollow but they expect you to pay £46 for every club.

I used to enjoy watching the 10 minutes highlights of all the League 2 games. They ought to do a League 2 pass for £10/£20 more which allows you to log into all the League 2 websites.

Some club's websites will allow you to watch interviews e.g. Coventry City
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:58 pm

stanns stag wrote:Mine worked fine in the end through Chrome on a windows 7 desktop.

Bit of bother finding the actual link but no real lag in the buffering, I had to refresh once but you used to get that in the old service too.

Thanks again to Martin, excellent commentary as always, I will be renewing later this month when my subscription expires. A life saver on cold winter afternoons when Stags are playing away and you can't afford to go...

thank you stanns
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

The answer is no which I think is a backward step as the previous stags player system allowed you to watch videos from other League 2 sites. I have complained about this to ifollow but they expect you to pay £46 for every club.

I used to enjoy watching the 10 minutes highlights of all the League 2 games. They ought to do a League 2 pass for £10/£20 more which allows you to log into all the League 2 websites.

Some club's websites will allow you to watch interviews e.g. Coventry City

I think this is probably because some interviews are free to air and some are subscribers only. This is also true on the Stags one. For example, the Danny Rose interview after yesterday's game is free to air, but the Evans interview is subscribers only.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Worked fine for me on Android phone via the website.

Would agree about the lag. Felt more than 30 seconds. I watched someone stream the teams coming out on Facebook right up to the game starting, loaded the feed (on fibre broadband) and the teams were only just coming out. No really biggy but did mean i have to avoid social media and sjy sky sports news while listening.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby teg41 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Where is the full match? I can only see the 2 min and 10 min highlights
teg41
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:29 pm

teg41 wrote:Where is the full match? I can only see the 2 min and 10 min highlights

the full match is not there. I understood it was due to be available at midday, but it isn't.

However there are 10 minute highlights there, you should be able to view them once you are logged in.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Not that it's any consolation, but I've visited sites in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 and none were showing full game links.

Forest played Friday and they have only the same as we do ( 2 and 10 minute highlights )

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DAVE H » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:02 pm

For full match to watch go to results on top of page and side off Crewe match /score click on link there for full game
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby JAMES9002 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Full match should be there based on the original press release

Full match footage and highlights will be available on iFollow from midday (GMT) the day after a regular season EFL league match.
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Shame that there's no commentary on the live streams, was decent stream for £5 match pass. Noticed that sound was 30secs behind from crowd noise and reactions
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:20 pm

DAVE H wrote:For full match to watch go to results on top of page and side off Crewe match /score click on link there for full game

Thanks for that Dave, it's working fine for me on the iPad :)
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
DAVE H wrote:For full match to watch go to results on top of page and side off Crewe match /score click on link there for full game

thanks. I can see it now. They don't believe in intuitive these guys, that's for sure.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby teg41 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:

thanks. I can see it now. They don't believe in intuitive these guys, that's for sure.

Thanks from me too. I'd never have found it!
teg41
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Very impressed with the coverage.

Comedy gold on 57 mins (on the vid clip it's around 67 mins), Rose miraculously recovers from a seemingly agonising knock on the shin in seconds. This is why Rose doesn't get the benefit of many decisions from refs and opposing players give him stick.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby StanstedStag » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Anybody found any reason why some of us could only get the Crewe commentary and not Martin's/Dean's?
StanstedStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum