{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ifollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

ifollow

Postby geoffhill » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:37 pm

I re re-registered my debit card this morning.I was unable to listen to steve evans.I had a monthly pass on stagsplayer.The new app is on my mobile but not working yet.My monthly stagsplayer expired today. iassumed ifollow would take over my account.Can anyone help me with this.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Re: ifollow

Postby Beano » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:06 pm

They refunded my July payment, then told me I had no payment method set up and cancelled my account.

The email contact system is obviously staffed at some foreign call centre (bad English and not any real help)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby white5581 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:12 pm

They will have done, i heard you had to re-register but i just logged in as normal on the new app and went through the choose new package stage that was it, They even discounted me £5 with me being a returning customer from stagsplayer, I like the app better than the other apart from you can't log in to other clubs.
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 pm

geoffhill wrote:I re re-registered my debit card this morning.I was unable to listen to steve evans.I had a monthly pass on stagsplayer.The new app is on my mobile but not working yet.My monthly stagsplayer expired today. iassumed ifollow would take over my account.Can anyone help me with this.

what happens when you try to log in Geoff?

Go here and try to log in and let me know what happens.
https://www.mansfieldtown.net/my-account/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby geoffhill » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:43 am

I sign in to the website then go to the steve evans interview click on ifollow.It shows a blue box with the play sign and a picture of a lock.When I click on it where it says subscribe It then asks me to subscribe either monthly or annually.I did all that with my debit card a few days ago on the monthly option.It shows no card details for me.Am i still able to pay for the new iplayer monthly?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Brinner » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:02 am

Try logging on via Google Chrome Geoff if you haven't already.
Brinner
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:07 am

Somebody has said on OFF you need a bank account based abroad to watch matches abroad? Surely that can't be right? Travelling with work soon so was going to get some match passes as I don't need a full subscription.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 am

no that's not right.

You can use a UK account, as I have.

ifollow support have said that the option to buy a match pass for viewing outside uk will only appear a few minutes before kick-off, which seems incredibly stupid.
Last edited by die hirsche on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 am

geoffhill wrote:I sign in to the website then go to the steve evans interview click on ifollow.It shows a blue box with the play sign and a picture of a lock.When I click on it where it says subscribe It then asks me to subscribe either monthly or annually.I did all that with my debit card a few days ago on the monthly option.It shows no card details for me.Am i still able to pay for the new iplayer monthly?

If you are able to sign in ok, and if it shows your name in the top right corner, then it sounds like you are logged in ok.

So maybe somehow it has not correctly registered your payment. I would suggest you interact with them using iFollow support (a chat box in the bottom right corner when you click on the speech balloon). That should be quickest to resolve it hopefully.

Yes you can pay monthly at £4.49. They added this option a couple of weeks ago. https://www.mansfieldtown.net/ifollow/subscribe/
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wardy12345 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:44 am

Can you watch the video feed when your on holiday in spain
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby white5581 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:51 am

Yes you can pay monthly at £4.49. They added this option a couple of weeks ago. https://www.mansfieldtown.net/ifollow/subscribe/

The sneakys, why couldn't they have done that from the start :x
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:56 am

wardy12345 wrote:Can you watch the video feed when your on holiday in spain

yes we believe so viewtopic.php?p=661368#p661368
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:30 am

geoffhill wrote:I re re-registered my debit card this morning.I was unable to listen to steve evans.I had a monthly pass on stagsplayer.The new app is on my mobile but not working yet.My monthly stagsplayer expired today. iassumed ifollow would take over my account.Can anyone help me with this.

Hi Geoff
I had a similar problem a week or so back. I note you say you have the mobile app but can you access the MTFC site on a computer? Here's what I ended up doing....

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Seems that all the problems associated with the commo playing are, and I quote, "based in the link between your subscription and the player software" (got that out of the techi working on my problem).

In fairness, I told him my subscription was not updated....he fixed that, the video's from previous games were still showing "subscribe now"....he fixed that and the "listen live" button was taking me straight back to the "subscribe" page....he fixed that.

I know it's gonna be a right royal pain in the butt but if you've got any of the above issues, they will fix them by using the "chat" balloon at the bottom right side of the page and describing what you're problems are.

Needless to say, by the time I got sorted it was 10 past 5, my team had got hammered and I never got my matchday fix of Martin's dulcet tones. I now need a match commo to prove all is fixed but it looks fairly promising.

I would suggest using a computer to contact them, as it took about an hour for them to completely reset my subscription but they got the job done. Fair play to them for that.

I've looked on my mobile 'phone app and I don't see a way to interact with them in the same way as on the computer, so would very much suggest the "contact by computer" route to you Geoff.

Just to add, the player was completely fixed for last Saturdays game at Alfreton.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:23 pm

I have been back on to the website and subscribed again.It is now working and all is well.I must have not completed the card details properly.Thanks Martin and anyone else who tried to help me out.I will be at Gresty Road tomorrow so not listening on ifollow.I will be using it for the matches I can't attend.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Happy days :D

Hope you have a great day out tomorrow

:coys:

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Hoping tomorrow that the game will be on soccer streams.... as is every game that is broadcast, slight flaw in this efl abroad season pass thing
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:14 am

Even FGR have live free to air radio commentary all season, home and away on medium wave. Seems as though the local radio stations down there are proud to support them and what they've acheived.

We however aren't worthy of 90mins once a fortnight.... sad.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:34 am

happy first day of the season everyone :lol:
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stanns stag » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Anyone know how the commentary link for this afternoon will appear in Ifollow?

Thanks in advance...
stanns stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby white5581 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:03 pm

stanns stag wrote:Anyone know how the commentary link for this afternoon will appear in Ifollow?

Thanks in advance...

Click on the app and the countdown at the top of the screen press on it & it will show listen now but won't show that until 5-10 mins before kickoff
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stanns stag » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Thank you - can you still access via a desktop do you know?
stanns stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:21 pm

stanns stag wrote:Thank you - can you still access via a desktop do you know?

Yes buddy, via official MTFC website

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stanns stag » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Thanks mate, will wait for the commentary link - not showing yet!
stanns stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby manssmooth » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but i've just logged onto ifollow on my phone and the commentary is from the Crewe commentary team not Martin.
As i say apologies if this has been discussed but is Martin & co not doing commentary anymore?
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Why is the feed Crewes feed? No Martin or Dean. More focussed on Crewe and Vale. I'm accessing through the app
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum