{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Keith Alexander - 5-a-side tournament in St Lucia

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Keith Alexander - 5-a-side tournament in St Lucia

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 pm

email from Keith Alexander's sister:

Greetings from sunny Saint Lucia Martin,

Sacred Sports Foundation Inc (SSF) is family owned and operated legally registered, economically, politically independent, non denominational charity based in St Lucia.

SSF was foundered by the late, great former Peterborough, Lincoln City and Macclesfield Town football manager, Keith Alexander, who passed away in 2010 at the age of 53. Keith was described as the Sir Alex Ferguson of the lower leagues and he left us with a clear blueprint that continues to touch thousands of kids lives

Keith also played in the 90’s at MTFC . Not sure if the record still holds but Keith became Mansfield Town's oldest ever goal scorer when he came off the bench to score twice against Crewe Alexandra at the age of 37 (comment from Martin - it's now Tony Ford).

My name is Nova Alexander, the sister of Keith Alexander. We are a hard working, innovative and entrepreneurial NGO ( just google us!), focused on helping assist local youth in tackling critical social issues of unemployment, child welfare, health and youth development, fostering increased community participation in socially inclusive physical activity, alongside efforts to promote positive gender awareness and alleviating discrimination of all kinds.

The year 2018 will mark the 10th anniversary of Sacred Sports Foundation Inc. The charity Keith founded. As is the norm, each year we host an event in celebration of his life. As next year will be a wee bit more special we are looking to organise a bigger event in celebration targeting the clubs Keith played / managed and the supporters .

SOCK-IT in Saint Lucia would combine a holiday with a veterans 5-a-side tournament ( not too serious!) and a chance to assist youth unemployment by empowering young men & women through our sport for development and life skills programmes. We were thinking about sometime in June post footie season . And holiday prices at that time of year to Saint Lucia are not too over the top.

There’ll be lots of time to unwind at the various ‘Yellow Sock’ events in communities across the Island including : Bring Yer Toothbrush at Rodney Bay, Fish Fest in Anse la Raye, Head-Funk at Samaans Park, Rock the Boat at the Marina, The 4 B’s-(Beach, Breadfruit Balls & Barbeque) in Soufriere, culminating in the Green Mango Challenge at Corinth.

I’ve attached some details about the event. (comment from Martin-if anyone wants this further info, drop me a note). We have already reached out to several of the clubs who have already expressed a wish to participate.

I’d be great to get some interest from your end. And I’d be happy to add in a little sweetener : E.G : Complimentary stay & flights for two persons for the 7/10 days duration of the event, if you/organiser can get at least 30 people to come.

Welcome your thoughts and enjoy your weekend,

Nova Alexander-Executive Director
Sacred Sports Foundation Inc
P.O. Box GI 2162, Gros Islet Post Office,
Gros Islet LC01 101
SAINT LUCIA

FOR THE LATEST NEWS ON ALL OUR ACTIVITIES : http://www.streetfootballworld.org/netw ... foundation
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum