{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Gabbitas Gate -Closed 1PM + F/T for 20 minutes

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed -Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby steiner » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:14 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:All of the above very valid points could be rectified in an instant with one change and one decision by the SAG.

That is to return the North Stand to it's rightful occupants, the home supporters. I know it would still leave a possibility for trouble to flare up but, as in my day, most home fans would make their way into town then off home. The away fans would be marshaled onto their buses on Quarry Lane and out of town up the A60, etc.

This isn't and never has been rocket science level qualification decision making!

Common sense Alert!
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby BigGuy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:41 am

Or they could just keep the away supporters in their seats for 15 minutes at the end of a game and clear everyone else out of the way.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby frt1987 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am

So, if for example Luton or Portsmouth bring say 8 buses with them.. Thats about 400 people on the bus.

That means 1000 or so away fans will be parked around the ground. I would imagine the majority of those will be in our car park or in the cinema/bingo retail park.

So as they walk down Portland street to get to their vehicles they come across the vast bulk of Stags fans walking down Quarry Lane towards Portland Street.

What could possibly go wrong?

All the Police seemed bothered with after the game is getting the buses out asap with little regard for traffic congestion or any other fans
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:39 am

frt1987 wrote:So, if for example Luton or Portsmouth bring say 8 buses with them.. Thats about 400 people on the bus.

That means 1000 or so away fans will be parked around the ground. I would imagine the majority of those will be in our car park or in the cinema/bingo retail park.

So as they walk down Portland street to get to their vehicles they come across the vast bulk of Stags fans walking down Quarry Lane towards Portland Street.

What could possibly go wrong?

All the Police seemed bothered with after the game is getting the buses out asap with little regard for traffic congestion or any other fans

....or any bugger else, for that matter!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Give the north stand back,
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Upper West » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:04 pm

Maybe South Yorkshire police could offer advice on handling a local derby with a 3pm kick off without restricting access?
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:50 pm

:) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Not sure I would agree that South Yorkshire Police did handle a local derby well - look at the criticism on their fans forum of the Police response when it kicked off outside
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 am

:mrgreen: reminder to the Portsmouth fans in the quarry lane end that the Gabbitas gate will be shut :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Rob wrote:This is necessary because of the utter morons we have attached to our club and the utter morons attached to other clubs. It doesn't happen in other sports, just, sadly, ours. So if you feel inconvenienced, look no further than the sort of morons who were behaving like infants earlier on in the season when the gates weren't closed. I find some of this slagging the police off over this issue apologetic for the imbeciles, they are the only ones to blame.

So the fact these "utter morons" as you so beautifully call them cross paths at the junction of Quarry Lane and Nottingham Road does it not make a mockery of Mr Gabbitas's plans of locking this gate. Doncaster Notts County Grimsby and more recently Luton games have passed off with no hint of any problems.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed - Portsmouth game

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Gabbitas is the REAL moron here.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:49 pm

As said elsewhere, just lock the away fans in for 10 mins, and both problems are solved.

Simples
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:11 pm

adamstag wrote:As said elsewhere, just lock the away fans in for 10 mins, and both problems are solved.

Simples

I would wager locking fans in is now an humans rights issue?
I can't remember the last time this occurred either home or away. Anyone remember when?
It's 2017, we can't lock people in against their will can we?
What if they need to catch a train or need to leave 10 minutes early for whatever reason?
When we are 6-0 up with 15 minutes to go I am sure some of them will want to leave early and they should be allowed to do so!!!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Rob wrote:This is necessary because of the utter morons we have attached to our club and the utter morons attached to other clubs. It doesn't happen in other sports, just, sadly, ours. So if you feel inconvenienced, look no further than the sort of morons who were behaving like infants earlier on in the season when the gates weren't closed. I find some of this slagging the police off over this issue apologetic for the imbeciles, they are the only ones to blame.

So the fact these "utter morons" as you so beautifully call them cross paths at the junction of Quarry Lane and Nottingham Road does it not make a mockery of Mr Gabbitas's plans of locking this gate. Doncaster Notts County Grimsby and more recently Luton games have passed off with no hint of any problems.

Fact is, if folk were able to walk home in peace then the police would not have to close this gate, I have seen (as many others have) that this is just too much to ask. Do you honestly think the police shut this gate just to annoy Stags fans?

It is shameful that some on here are defending these (and I will repeat) utter morons who are a blight on our game.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Ray Tinner » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:50 pm

BigGuy wrote:Or they could just keep the away supporters in their seats for 15 minutes at the end of a game and clear everyone else out of the way.

Thats too easy and simple for the Notts plod
Ray Tinner
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 am

ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:As said elsewhere, just lock the away fans in for 10 mins, and both problems are solved.

Simples

I can't remember the last time this occurred either home or away. Anyone remember when?
What if they need to catch a train or need to leave 10 minutes early for whatever reason?
When we are 6-0 up with 15 minutes to go I am sure some of them will want to leave early and they should be allowed to do so!!!

Of course you can!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:46 am

I remember when we played Hull City.We were kept in our seats for at least ten minutes.It was annoying at the time but when we were let out the police were ushering us to the car park as hundreds of Hull morons were gathering to cause trouble.Good idea in my opinion.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby robda1st » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm

ST4GS wrote:

Simples

Remember Luton away in the semi final,luton police blocked in all the stags fans behind the stand for a hour because about 10 Luton kids were kicking off,
robda1st
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Police can do anything, it applies to football matches as it does to police hearding fans to and from stations etc - it's not desirable, but nothing wrong with it.

It would make things a lot easier
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 pm

adamstag wrote:Police can do anything, it applies to football matches as it does to police hearding fans to and from stations etc - it's not desirable, but nothing wrong with it.

It would make things a lot easier

Police can not do anything it's a myth, lol just because they wear high vis does not give them authority, they are public servants
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Calstag wrote:Police can not do anything it's a myth, lol just because they wear high vis does not give them authority, they are public servants

yeah good luck explaining that when your on the floor surrounded by 5 of em with one of ems foot on ya throat.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Foxy wrote:
Calstag wrote:Police can not do anything it's a myth, lol just because they wear high vis does not give them authority, they are public servants

yeah good luck explaining that when your on the floor surrounded by 5 of em with one of ems foot on ya throat.

Ever heard of a commercial lein? :lol: always stay on the good side then there's no come backs
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

robda1st wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

Simples

Remember Luton away in the semi final,luton police blocked in all the stags fans behind the stand for a hour because about 10 Luton kids were kicking off,

At Bristol Rovers we were kept behind for more than an hour in their car park
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Calstag wrote:
Foxy wrote:

Ever heard of a commercial lein? :lol: always stay on the good side then there's no come backs

What a load of raspberrys. If they want to get you they will just make stuff up to get you full stop.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Dan wrote:
Calstag wrote:
Foxy wrote:

What a load of raspberrys. If they want to get you they will just make stuff up to get you full stop.

Why would "they" want to "get" anyone ??

:? :?
Beano
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum