{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Gabbitas Gate closed Clownty game 9 am - 3.30 pm

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The Gabbitas Gate closed Clownty game 9 am - 3.30 pm

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 pm

I wonder if Paul can get a sponsor for this now infamous gate :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Might aswell chain it up for next season
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Hmmm, The Gabbitas Gate, perhaps?
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Calstag » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Is this a good or bad omen ? How many times have we won when the gate is closed ?
Calstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3810
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 am
Location: Kirkby in ash

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby stag861 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:33 am

So is this Gate Gate?
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:19 am

Calstag wrote:Is this a good or bad omen ? How many times have we won when the gate is closed ?



Once? against county
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Tre Cool » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:45 am

I thought Stags and Pompey fans always got along. Unnecessary for that game. Just because it will be a a big crowd.
User avatar
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby BELSE » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:59 am

Is it not a right of way
BELSE
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby part time pete » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:17 pm

It is a right of way and I would have thought the county council web site would have mentioned this as a temporary closure, like it does with other right of ways.

However I have never seen it on the county council web site that it will be closed.

I just assume the police just close it when they like without telling the county council, unless they think the SAG arm of the county council will tell the Right of Way arm of the county council that they need a temporary closure.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4490
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:40 pm

part time pete wrote:It is a right of way and I would have thought the county council web site would have mentioned this as a temporary closure, like it does with other right of ways.

However I have never seen it on the county council web site that it will be closed.

I just assume the police just close it when they like without telling the county council, unless they think the SAG arm of the county council will tell the Right of Way arm of the county council that they need a temporary closure.


So.... Nottinghamshire County Council has a Right of Way arm?
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:05 pm

also signs and permission must be given for this right of way to be closed
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:15 pm

crazystagdad wrote:also signs and permission must be given for this right of way to be closed

Cone Army!
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:18 pm

I've got a plan lol
Last edited by SINA STAG on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2953
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Can't it be locked open at 11.30 am with lots of love locks that would throw a spanner in the works lol
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2953
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:21 pm

This is necessary because of the utter morons we have attached to our club and the utter morons attached to other clubs. It doesn't happen in other sports, just, sadly, ours. So if you feel inconvenienced, look no further than the sort of morons who were behaving like infants earlier on in the season when the gates weren't closed. I find some of this slagging the police off over this issue apologetic for the imbeciles, they are the only ones to blame.
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby yorkstag » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Cant argue with that - if I was responsible for public order I would close the gates

On the other hand why weren't these games 1 o clock kick offs. Both bigger risks than some of the other early kick offs

Not saying I think they should be but seems a bit inconsistent
yorkstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Rob wrote:This is necessary because of the utter morons we have attached to our club and the utter morons attached to other clubs. It doesn't happen in other sports, just, sadly, ours. So if you feel inconvenienced, look no further than the sort of morons who were behaving like infants earlier on in the season when the gates weren't closed. I find some of this slagging the police off over this issue apologetic for the imbeciles, they are the only ones to blame.


Don't agree Rob. I've seen at first hand what happens when they close the gate. Home fans leave the ground towards the traffic lights on Quarry Lane and walk up towards Burger King, the away fans walk towards Burger King down the North Stand alley and they meet right in the middle. The police often look for a bit of trouble IMO to justify early kick offs/heavy presence
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2169
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:22 pm

The police probably want it to kick off so they can arrest a few pissed up folk and get their bonuses/percentage up
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby spanishstag » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:55 pm

This happens because notts plod are just too busy doing bugger all ,but pursuing equal opps pc and basically anything but actually policing ie their job
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Rob wrote:This is necessary because of the utter morons we have attached to our club and the utter morons attached to other clubs. It doesn't happen in other sports, just, sadly, ours. So if you feel inconvenienced, look no further than the sort of morons who were behaving like infants earlier on in the season when the gates weren't closed. I find some of this slagging the police off over this issue apologetic for the imbeciles, they are the only ones to blame.


Don't agree Rob. I've seen at first hand what happens when they close the gate. Home fans leave the ground towards the traffic lights on Quarry Lane and walk up towards Burger King, the away fans walk towards Burger King down the North Stand alley and they meet right in the middle. The police often look for a bit of trouble IMO to justify early kick offs/heavy presence


My Mrs used to pick me up from the Retail Park after the game, a few months ago my youngest and I saw exactly why the Police want to close the gates to prevent that sort of idiotic behaviour - needless to say she doesn't pick me up anymore, which is very much to Dairy Crests gain :) Yes you can always walk around and cause trouble, but at least the Police have time to get the away fans on the coaches without having to deal with our brain dead. I do not believe for one minute that the Police look for trouble, I am sure the Police would much rather be catching real criminals than looking after these, erm, "fans".

Get rid of the idiots then we wouldn't need the Police at all.
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:58 pm

Always amazes me that they can't handle 3500 at Field Mill but can handle 17/18-000 at the Sh1ty ground yet we get charged through the roof.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:05 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Always amazes me that they can't handle 3500 at Field Mill but can handle 17/18-000 at the Sh1ty ground yet we get charged through the roof.


Ahh, they struggle without the Gabbitas Gate
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Gate closure Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby adamstag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:39 am

Rob wrote:This is necessary because of the utter morons we have attached to our club and the utter morons attached to other clubs. It doesn't happen in other sports, just, sadly, ours. So if you feel inconvenienced, look no further than the sort of morons who were behaving like infants earlier on in the season when the gates weren't closed. I find some of this slagging the police off over this issue apologetic for the imbeciles, they are the only ones to blame.


Whereas I agree, I still think the police are poor and sometimes cause more problems than they solve.

If the police think that there is going to be trouble down to the unfortunate few, then i'd be inclined to agree with their assessment, but as others mentioned, the trouble then moves onto Nottingham Road where you've traffic and there is more of an issue than you've got before.

It's the constant lack of common sense from the police which I find bemusing - surely keeping the opposition fans behind for 5 minutes would be an easier way for all concerned and the problem is therefore solved - I don't get why this has never happened?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4956
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: The Gabbitas Gate closed -Luton and Portsmouth game

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:48 am

All of the above very valid points could be rectified in an instant with one change and one decision by the SAG.

That is to return the North Stand to it's rightful occupants, the home supporters. I know it would still leave a possibility for trouble to flare up but, as in my day, most home fans would make their way into town then off home. The away fans would be marshaled onto their buses on Quarry Lane and out of town up the A60, etc.

This isn't and never has been rocket science level qualification decision making!
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sw19stag, teg41, Tippy Tappy Football and 18 guests