{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:19 pm

We are doing OK, they are struggling, someone starts a thread to take the mickey and along trots Mr Sunshine to drop his sadness on it all. No surprise.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:55 am

thomasz wrote:They'll sell him and the money will go straight in Dave Allens back pocket. They're £8 million debt afterall and he wants his money back.

Just remember how they laughed at us all the years when we suffered Keith Haslam....

Exactly ! I for one will take great pleasure in their downfall if this happens :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Amberheart wrote:
thomasz wrote:They'll sell him and the money will go straight in Dave Allens back pocket. They're £8 million debt afterall and he wants his money back.

Just remember how they laughed at us all the years when we suffered Keith Haslam....

Exactly ! I for one will take great pleasure in their downfall if this happens :D

I'd prefer to laugh at them through our superiority. I dont want to see any club go to the wall. If we were to get promoted and they were to endure A few seasons in the Conference would be a laugh though.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 pm

I'm less charitable. Let them go to the wall.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:31 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I'm less charitable. Let them go to the wall.

I'm even less charitable. Let them go the the wall, let it be a big wall and let it fall and crush every single one of the sheep molesting mongrels.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:42 pm

I'd like to see em go to the wall, and bought for a pound by Haslam.

Failing that, I'd like to see em bought for 50p by a resurrected John Batchelor

I'd also like that BHS fella to take over the players pension fund, and Ched Evans open a teenage girl sexual advice clinic.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby thomasz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:46 pm

whisper it quietly

Darlington :shh: :shh: :shh:
thomasz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Tesco offer their owner money he can't refuse to buy the entire land demolish the sheep molesting 4 sided pen to extend Tesco car park.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:09 pm

According to Graham Smyth's (Derbyshire Times Journalist) tweet earlier today, the club are due to release a statement tonight which will summarise the financial results for the year end 30/06/16.

This will make interesting reading.

You have to wonder how they can make so much money and spend so much money and probably end up worse than how they started, while teams like Burton can get to the Championship on a shoe-string budget, post profits and look comfortable in that league!!!
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:15 pm

The unadulterated hatred-driven bile that some people spew out regarding Chesterfield is neither appropriate, nor clever.

I am no fan of the Crooked Steeples, but find some of what is written by Stags fans to be embarrassing.

Mind you, some of the dreadful vocal output from the fellas who sit behind me in IGU is as bad, if not worse.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:28 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The unadulterated hatred-driven bile that some people spew out regarding Chesterfield is neither appropriate, nor clever.

I am no fan of the Crooked Steeples, but find some of what is written by Stags fans to be embarrassing.

Mind you, some of the dreadful vocal output from the fellas who sit behind me in IGU is as bad, if not worse.

Whilst I believe two wrongs don't make a right Edders, the absolute delight of some Spireites following our demise into the Conference will never be forgotten by the Stags faithful.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:The unadulterated hatred-driven bile that some people spew out regarding Chesterfield is neither appropriate, nor clever.

Whilst I believe two wrongs don't make a right Edders, the absolute delight of some Spireites following our demise into the Conference will never be forgotten by the Stags faithful.

There's a big difference between wanting them to fail and wanting them to fold/go bankrupt.

I can understand them laughing at us when we dropped to the tinpot conference. I would laugh at them if it happened to them, as would most probably do on here.

I don't want any club to fold, even the dirty sheep molesterers. There wouldn't be a rivalry if either club no longer existed. This would kind of defeat the interest of having a rivalry.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:48 pm

I hate the filth as much as any other reasonable person, but I don't want them to go bust. My hatred of them is important to me and I wouldn't have that if they weren't here.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:12 pm

HU7stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

There's a big difference between wanting them to fail and wanting them to fold/go bankrupt.

I can understand them laughing at us when we dropped to the tinpot conference. I would laugh at them if it happened to them, as would most probably do on here.

I don't want any club to fold, even the dirty sheep molesterers. There wouldn't be a rivalry if either club no longer existed. This would kind of defeat the interest of having a rivalry.

I too don't want to see any club go belly up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Sorry but i do, far to many clubs had a free 'all or nothing' shot and or underwent gross financial mismanagement and got a clean slate, maybe some points docked at best.

Football clubs are businesses and if they go bust or can't manage there accounts then they should have to reform and drop a considerable number of leagues.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:55 pm

They have just released their latest accounts which show a £42k profit. They also made a profit in the previous year.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Profit mainly due to just over £2m worth of player sales.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Don't read it then n sit somewhere else I'm sure there is plenty of seats to choose from....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:14 pm

HU7stag wrote:Profit mainly due to just over £2m worth of player sales.
Yes, and I bet they are hoping to get at least that in January for the likes of Ched Evans.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Oh my I do hope they go bust.
It would be beautiful karma .
Just got to hate the skip rats
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:07 am

Amber Andy wrote:They have just released their latest accounts which show a £42k profit. They also made a profit in the previous year.

ouch!

Clucas and co must have hauled in a load of cash for them.

I think they spent it on Ebanks Blake wages and paying off manager contracts.

If their model of selling players fails for just one season, then they will have a huge negative black hole on their balance sheets.

If their model is to produce kids and sell them on, how long does that take?

This is all with 6000 crowds as well. I doubt the folks of Chesterfield will be so forgiving to the men who created this money-vortex when they get relegated and have to put a L2 team together for peanut dust.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:20 am

42k probably does not sound a deal.but the figure would have been manipulated by accountants for the benefit of the tax man
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby thomasz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:27 am

It's nearly bucket o' clock

A Club In Crisis

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... opic=58677
thomasz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:41 am

No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

Going to the wall, absolutely not.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:46 am

adamstag wrote:No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

Going to the wall, absolutely not.

Well said mate.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum