{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crazy few weeks will tell if Stags are in a false position

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Crazy few weeks will tell if Stags are in a false position

Postby Chadman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm

We will soon find out if Stags are in a false position in the league with a crazy few weeks ahead.

Eight games in the next four weeks, four out of the next five away from home (where we are unbeaten still) and the two postponed games finally played to catch up with most of the rest. Hold tight!

If we get an FA Cup replay too it will extend the forthcoming run to six successive midweek games, which I can't ever remember happening before?

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9401353
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Crazy few weeks will tell if Stags are in a false positi

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 pm

They are in the position they deserve to be in. We have got that amount of points
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Chadman wrote:If we get an FA Cup replay too it will extend the forthcoming run to six successive midweek games, which I can't ever remember happening before?

Can’t believe you’re forgetting the end of the 10/11 season. Two/three games a week through all of March and April because of the Trophy run and postponements. Just counted it, 19 games in 2 months.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 pm

;) John Lomas , relax and enjoy it , it could be fun , i am sure we will take it in our stride and surprise you :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Chadman wrote:We will soon find out if Stags are in a false position in the league with a crazy few weeks ahead.

Eight games in the next four weeks, four out of the next five away from home (where we are unbeaten still) and the two postponed games finally played to catch up with most of the rest. Hold tight!

If we get an FA Cup replay too it will extend the forthcoming run to six successive midweek games, which I can't ever remember happening before?

Remember the end of the 1978/79 season, 13 league games in 5 weeks 2 days.

Including 6 home games in 17 days :shock:

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:50 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:
Chadman wrote:We will soon find out if Stags are in a false position in the league with a crazy few weeks ahead.

Remember the end of the 1978/79 season, 13 league games in 5 weeks 2 days.

Including 6 home games in 17 days :shock:

:coys:
including derby games against Lincoln, Rotherham and Chesterfield. I was young and remember going to all these six games. It must have cost my parents who also went a small fortune.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Before floodlights it was normal to play every midweek in the first six weeks of the season.

In 1960 we had played 13 league games by 1st October and we didn't start the season until 20th August.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Chander Lear wrote:They are in the position they deserve to be in. We have got that amount of points

Not really. Other teams have played more games, so naturally some have more points even if we have a better record than them.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:05 am

Games or no games we need 2 back to back wins as minimum to keep pace.
I think we are slipping slowly behind and anything less than 3 Sat will not be good.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:24 pm

True, although we we'd slipped this far back same point last season, and look how close we were in Feb!

Don't disagree we need to up our game, and without it DF's time will come. But last year proves how an upturn in form makes all the difference in belief, confidence and support for the gaffer - as i recall, we were distinctly mediocre until start of 2018.....
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:54 pm

We're 14th with 16 points.

On the assumption we'll SUPERDRAW the opposition into several 1-1 draws, that'll move us upto 18 points and 12th :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum