{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Robins Scorefred sponsored by DF team comes bobbin along

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Robins Scorefred sponsored by DF team comes bobbin a

Postby abc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:22 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:So is his lack of wins.

Today was a good performance in the context of things, but his win record is the worst we’ve ever had for a manager.

If highlighting the worst record we’ve ever had with one of the biggest budgets in club history makes me boring then so be it. Keep clapping like simple seals

And if folk have a problem with it then well whatever.

Go and apply your “support” to another club, adamstag!

Just who the fl luck does Edwistowe Stag think he is exactly ? :x
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:41 am

The One wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D Club Record

And how many were wins flipflop.?

At least one, a very important one. The last time EVER we will have played the Spireites. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:51 am

abc wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Today was a good performance in the context of things, but his win record is the worst we’ve ever had for a manager.

If highlighting the worst record we’ve ever had with one of the biggest budgets in club history makes me boring then so be it. Keep clapping like simple seals

He’s got to be on a wind up, nobody could be that obnoxious
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Chimney wrote:
abc wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

He’s got to be on a wind up, nobody could be that obnoxious

Nope. Just a die-hard since ‘67/68 who is saddened by whingers and DF “bashers”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 pm

So Edders, say for the sake argument, Flitters keeps up his current win ratio and continues to preside over an expensive squad sitting in the bottom half of Div 4. At what point do you concede that the 'whingers & bashers' were actually right all along?

And for the record, I'd like nothing more than to have egg all over my face in 6 months time as DF stears us to promotion.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:45 pm

The infrastructure and ambition being shown constantly by the radford's isn't being shown in results on the field, the success they crave isn't looking likely at this present time, I honestly think DF is walking a very thin line at the mo
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:58 pm

hucknallstag wrote:The infrastructure and ambition being shown constantly by the radford's isn't being shown in results on the field, the success they crave isn't looking likely at this present time, I honestly think DF is walking a very thin line at the mo

I disagree. I think JR is 100% behind like the rest of us should be until he is no longer our manager.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm as disappointed as most. The thing is do we want to rip it up and start again? We may get lucky but most times we don't. I'm not a mathematician but what percentage of our managers have got us promotion? Very low is my guess.

The seeds are beginning to sprout. Some on here want to rip them out before they have blossomed and set new ones, in the hope they are quicker growing.

Money doesn't always buy success. It did when Coxie got us promoted but the rest of the time success was built from sound foundations.

Is DF the man to build this success ? I don't know but I think the signs are there. We are difficult to beat, I just hope he can take us to the next stage of winning on a regular basis.

COYS. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Sneag wrote:So Edders, say for the sake argument, Flitters keeps up his current win ratio and continues to preside over an expensive squad sitting in the bottom half of Div 4. At what point do you concede that the 'whingers & bashers' were actually right all along?

And for the record, I'd like nothing more than to have egg all over my face in 6 months time as DF stears us to promotion.

Its a valid question, Sneag. If he fails, he will have to be replaced. It’s the way of things.
I just think it’s too soon to write him off. I sincerely believe he is building the foundation of a successful team. I readily concede that the number of draws is frustrating, especially when you consider the times when with a little more luck (or application) we could have taken all three points.

Like most on this forum, I couldn’t do Flitcroft’s job and I am not qualified to set a “benchmark” beyond which we give the manager-merry-go-round another spin. Thankfully, that responsibly sits with Mr and Mrs Radford.

Like many, I have supported the Stags long enough to know that we have to be patient. Of course I want to see us succeed in the short-term (and if we do, there would be no need to waste eggs on your face), but I think the Club has never been in a better place to gain success - SUSTAINABLE success - in the medium-to-long term.

In the meantime, I prefer to support (rather than castigate) Flitcroft.

Keep the faith!
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:44 pm

I believe in flitcroft ,and sincerely hope it comes good for us ,to be honest i think sacking him would set us back yet again ,i hope he gets till the end of the season if we keep being hard to beat and pick up a few wins ,which will surely come soon we will be not far off the play off places at xmas then hopefully in the january window there may be room for some investment ,easy for me to say its not my money ,of course i could be an optimist and we continue to struggle ,who really knows :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Sneag wrote:So Edders, say for the sake argument, Flitters keeps up his current win ratio and continues to preside over an expensive squad sitting in the bottom half of Div 4. At what point do you concede that the 'whingers & bashers' were actually right all along?

So sacking him is the answer then, new man in, more players in and out, a full reset. Or do you go for the sensible approach, give the manager, who has lost two games all season (to WBA and Exeter) time to build and develop what he has. I'm not surprised at Adam, abc etc, but am at you, you're starting to sound a bit like a Man U fan.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Rob wrote:

So sacking him is the answer then, new man in, more players in and out, a full reset. Or do you go for the sensible approach, give the manager, who has lost two games all season (to WBA and Exeter) time to build and develop what he has. I'm not surprised at Adam, abc etc, but am at you, you're starting to sound a bit like a Man U fan.

:D that’s very harsh!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Rob wrote:

The question for Edders & you if you'd care to give an answer, is how much time do you want him to have? At what point do you say this isn't working?

So far this season isn't a write off, far from it, but at some point the draws have to start being converted to wins. How is that so difficult to grasp?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Rob wrote:

You sound like a Scotland fan, happy with failure year in year out.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

The question for Edders & you if you'd care to give an answer, is how much time do you want him to have? At what point do you say this isn't working?

So far this season isn't a write off, far from it, but at some point the draws have to start being converted to wins. How is that so difficult to grasp?

Not less than the season
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:36 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Not less than the season

I honestly think if he gets to the end of the season, then DF will have proven his doubters wrong & we'll be in the playoffs at least. If we finish lower than last season then I expect JR to pull the trigger.

He's a patient owner, but he has a tipping point as Coxie & Murray found out.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Sneag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Not less than the season

I honestly think if he gets to the end of the season, then DF will have proven his doubters wrong & we'll be in the playoffs at least. If we finish lower than last season then I expect JR to pull the trigger.

He's a patient owner, but he has a tipping point as Coxie & Murray found out.

Time (alone) will tell
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

You sound like a Scotland fan, happy with failure year in year out.

Far from happy with failure but put into context not green eyed at a certain country,s unadulterated success
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:57 pm

It’s not about being happy with failure or not . It’s really about making progress over time.

Let’s deal with the obvious - Evans would have left at some stage anyway and the club would have gone into decline. He had no interest whatsoever in the long term development of the club or youth. Hands up I was a supporter but when you look at the language he used to criticise the referee following the loss to Accrington this weekend you realise a lot about SE.

DF is in my view a decent man who has a clear view on how he wants to play. The focus on shape was obvious yesterday and instrumental in getting a point. We are clearly v difficult to beat.

Now - we need to win games but in my view it wil come. If it doesn’t DF knows the score but I for one am happy with where we are on the journey

Onto Morecambe where we need 3 points
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:58 pm

yorkstag wrote:It’s not about being happy with failure or not . It’s really about making progress over time.

Let’s deal with the obvious - Evans would have left at some stage anyway and the club would have gone into decline. He had no interest whatsoever in the long term development of the club or youth. Hands up I was a supporter but when you look at the language he used to criticise the referee following the loss to Accrington this weekend you realise a lot about SE.

DF is in my view a decent man who has a clear view on how he wants to play. The focus on shape was obvious yesterday and instrumental in getting a point. We are clearly v difficult to beat.

Now - we need to win games but in my view it wil come. If it doesn’t DF knows the score but I for one am happy with where we are on the journey

Onto Morecambe where we need 3 points

Sense!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:21 pm

How long should DF be given? .......... At least until the end of the season. Ian Greaves took 3 seasons to get us promoted! (and he also had some top players at his disposal). Some people need to be a bit more patient.

I see DF as a long term manager, part of the bigger picture, rather than a short term fix/'Steve Evans go for broke' type of manager.

Some people on here believe we have the best squad in the league and that we should be entitled to promotion. That is simply wrong.
Perspective and patience are called for in the wake of expectations from the aftermath of the Steve Evans circus.

These draws are frustrating. I remember Ian Greaves had the same problem, and he slowly but surely made changes that made all the difference. I feel that we could be in the same arena again - and throwing out the baby and the bathwater right now is not the answer.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Vice President wrote:How long should DF be given? .......... At least until the end of the season. Ian Greaves took 3 seasons to get us promoted! (and he also had some top players at his disposal). Some people need to be a bit more patient.

I see DF as a long term manager, part of the bigger picture, rather than a short term fix/'Steve Evans go for broke' type of manager.

Some people on here believe we have the best squad in the league and that we should be entitled to promotion. That is simply wrong.
Perspective and patience are called for in the wake of expectations from the aftermath of the Steve Evans circus.

These draws are frustrating. I remember Ian Greaves had the same problem, and he slowly but surely made changes that made all the difference. I feel that we could be in the same arena again - and throwing out the baby and the bathwater right now is not the answer.

Surely common sense will prevail were a work in progress atm
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Vice President wrote:How long should DF be given? .......... At least until the end of the season. Ian Greaves took 3 seasons to get us promoted! (and he also had some top players at his disposal). Some people need to be a bit more patient.

Evolution over revolution is always a better route to sustained success, so maybe we'd have been better off never appointing Evans. That appointment sent a message out to the fans the JR was prepared to 'buy' a promotion while the academy cauggt up with the first team.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:46 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Surely common sense will prevail were a work in progress atm

Dead right. We are a work in progress. A project, if you will.

It’s just a shame that too many contributors to this forum can’t see it.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:15 pm

The team Ian Greaves took over were awful and dropping like a stone. Flipflop took over a team that were flying and managed to balls it all up.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum