{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose comes off the transfer list

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose comes off the transfer list

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Danny, Danny Rose we are elated and delighted as fans, club and especially for you. I will say that 32 times if you like!
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Danny is already loved by most and could become a real club legend if he gets his head down and plays like he has for the past month or so.

He's only 24 and has played around 100 games already. Stick with us and take us up Danny!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:47 pm

He’s done well in this to apologise and the removal from the list is the final chapter in a sorry affair. Lessons learned and the issue should now be comsidered closed.

We move on.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
James wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Until the January window n the Fat one comes calling again.....

Give it a rest.

Irony of that......

Stagsnet biggest banana of negativity

Oh dear. Wrong target
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:16 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Hope this finally silences all the doubters ,it takes a good man to apologise for whatever reason ,hes certainly been putting the effort in lately lets hope the goals start flowing again

maybe big yella will give him a break now :lol:

A grown man blaming other people for his decision to ask for a transfer. As I've said to friends, the transfer window shut over 40 days ago, where's he been in the desert with his brother, the other Messiah.

He dropped on us from a great height, didn't get his own way and now is trying to crawl back in. He'll be putting it back in come January.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Hope this finally silences all the doubters ,it takes a good man to apologise for whatever reason ,hes certainly been putting the effort in lately lets hope the goals start flowing again

A grown man blaming other people for his decision to ask for a transfer. As I've said to friends, the transfer window shut over 40 days ago, where's he been in the desert with his brother, the other Messiah.

He dropped on us from a great height, didn't get his own way and now is trying to crawl back in. He'll be putting it back in come January.

what does DR have to do to get in your good books?

pretty embarrassing from you, everyone seems to have forgiven him. he's apologised and said he made a mistake and is still putting in a shift for us on a Saturday. He won't be with us forever anyway, the lad is destined to play at a higher level at some point. Can't be holding grudges with our own football players for wanting to go to a higher level
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

What if, and try to stay with me here. What if Danny, who is 24 and trying to "make it", has an experienced agent whom he has trusted throughout his career who told the lad that he could play at a higher level and that there was interest and teams had placed bids that were rejected and that Flitcroft would just sell him if we got promoted again. He also told him that he should put in a written transfer request in to force a sale for less than valuation.

Would you act on an agent's advice? In the above scenario you 100% would. WE ARE A MID-TABLE L2 SIDE and have been that or lower for over a decade. We are currently attempting to be more than that but in recent history that is what we are. You would want to ascend the leagues as quickly as possible, preferably with one club but sometimes that doesn't work out.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:44 am

[quote="gazza1988"][quote="Big yella"][quote="bobbystagsfan"][quote="spanishstag"]Hope this finally silences all the doubters ,it takes a good man to apologise for whatever reason ,hes certainly been putting the effort in lately lets hope the goals start flowing again[/quote]

maybe big yella will give him a break now :lol:[/quote]

He dropped on us from a great height, didn't get his own way and now is trying to crawl back in. He'll be putting it back in come January.[/quote]

What if, and try to stay with me here. What if Danny, who is 24 and trying to "make it", has an experienced agent whom he has trusted throughout his career who told the lad that he could play at a higher level and that there was interest and teams had placed bids that were rejected and that Flitcroft would just sell him if we got promoted again. He also told him that he should put in a written transfer request in to force a sale for less than valuation.

Would you act on an agent's advice? In the above scenario you 100% would. WE ARE A MID-TABLE L2 SIDE and have been that or lower for over a decade. We are currently attempting to be more than that but in recent history that is what we are. You would want to ascend the leagues as quickly as possible, preferably with one club but sometimes that doesn't work out.[/quote]

Good argument Gazza i agree with most of it be a use it's factual information

But

What flaws the argument Rose is not good enough to play at a higher level. He's what he is a striker playing in division 2.....

However

I rather have him at the Stags than one of those strikers that plays against us every season n scores against us....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Would you act on an agent's advice? In the above scenario you 100% would. WE ARE A MID-TABLE L2 SIDE and have been that or lower for over a decade. We are currently attempting to be more than that but in recent history that is what we are. You would want to ascend the leagues as quickly as possible, preferably with one club but sometimes that doesn't work out.

Another option

if you are listed at your own request and another club offers you £5,000 a week to sign for them
Or
another club offers you £5,000 a week to sign for them and you receive £50,000 because you are happy at your current club and have not asked for a transfer ?
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 am

Love or hate, he's the best striker we have right now, and by some margin!

Putting history aside, I'd rather have a happy DR feeling like he has the backing of the fans, than him think everyone hates him and not wanting to play for us. We need him more than he needs us at the moment, so I'd rather rivalries aside and keep him positive for our benefit
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:31 am

Well played Danny little fat Judas tricky dicky Evans will always do such things
Look forward to seeing a few goals going in
Really good news
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:47 am

I don’t see the problem here. He tried to better his career, received some dubious advice, it didn’t work out and now he’s still our player. I think the vast majority of us would have been in the same boat!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:31 pm

what a load of raspberrys.
he messed up his transfer and now has appologised so the fans dont get on his back.
you dont appologise for something that you know you are going to do again.
trouble is i think he's missed hiw window now. people have forgotten about his 3 goals on telly against that street in barnsley.
so he'll just end up another bog standard league 2 striker that cheats.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:41 pm

die hirsche wrote:what a load of raspberrys.
he messed up his transfer and now has appologised so the fans dont get on his back.
trouble is i think he's missed hiw window now. people have forgotten about his 3 goals on telly against that street in barnsley.

You're so bitter about it.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:45 pm

I think you should stick to questioning if JR is the right chairman or not ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:57 pm

This.

A 1 in 4 striker, bang average.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:04 pm

You really need to get a life ,must get bullied badly at school or something ,perhaps you should phone childline ,you obviously have issues
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Big yella wrote:

This.

Good ‘stat’ except in the last two seasons (17/18 and 18/19) he has averaged a goal every 2.6 appearances. Or if you prefer, this season he has scored 5 goals in 649 minutes on the pitch in all competitions. That’s a goal every 130 minutes.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:29 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:

This.

Good ‘stat’ except in the last two seasons (17/18 and 18/19) he has averaged a goal every 2.6 appearances. Or if you prefer, this season he has scored 5 goals in 649 minutes on the pitch in all competitions. That’s a goal every 130 minutes.

Except in the last two seasons he's played for us 86 times and scored 27 goals at over (1:3) and that includes the only time in his career he had managed more than 10 in a season.

Even if you include his recent good form, he has still got a worse than (1:3) record for us, 32 in 99. You can cherry pick moments in his career all you like, his career average is (1:4), he's a bang average striker who can't stay on his feet.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Big yella wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:

This.

Except in the last two seasons he's played for us 86 times and scored 27 goals at over (1:3) and that includes the only time in his career he had managed more than 10 in a season.

Even if you include his recent good form, he has still got a worse than (1:3) record for us, 32 in 99. You can cherry pick moments in his career all you like, his career average is (1:4), he's a bang average striker who can't stay on his feet.

Whatever the stats, he's the best striker at the club at this precise moment, by a distance.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Big yella wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:

This.

The reason I ‘cherry-picked’ the last two seasons were due to the fact they are the only ones where he has had a proper run in a team.
His first season for us, as a 22 year old, he only started 26 games and was often substituted, playing the equivalent of 24 full 90 minutes. Similarly for his first season for Bury. He scored 10 in each of those seasons.
His second season for Bury he only started 11 games and played equivalent of 15 full games scoring 6.
I agree he needs to stay on his feet a bit more (although we do win a lot of free kicks) but with his 25th birthday coming in December he should be getting towards his prime as a footballer and hopefully we will see that and benefit as a team.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby tmwilson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 pm

I don't get the abuse he's getting about putting in a transfer request . It's a different world now . Agents turn many a footballers head . Everyone wants to play at a higher level and for more money .
Ray Clarke was a favourite , hero , a legend for many fans .
He did exactly the same but without a agent promising this and that .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:45 pm

And you wonder why players would ever want out of our club with the absolute bullsh!t some of our fans continue to churn out.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Our fans are an embarrassment sometimes. Even worse than that stand!!! Danny is a cracking player at this level and I’m glad he’s ours.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum