{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ITV Calendar News feature on Carolyn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: ITV Calendar News feature on Carolyn

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:31 pm

I tell myself every morning how good I look n I don't get offended one little bit......

Some people are just paranoid that thr person paying them a compliment are taking the pissicurion
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:32 pm

I tell myself every morning how good I look n I don't get offended one little bit......

Some people are just paranoid that thr person paying them a compliment are taking the pissicurion
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:42 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I tell myself every morning how good I look n I don't get offended one little bit......

Maybe if you spent less time drinking the alcohol based mouthwash in a morning, we all would be able to understand that post! :roll:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 pm

I’m sure Carolyn can take a compliment as well as anyone in the right context. Her point is that women are often treated differently. So if an official from another club always complimented everybody( or nobody) on their looks/dress then that would be acceptable, but if they only reserve it for females then it is not.
Similarly she has commented about male CEOs bypassing her to talk to JR when they would normally talk to their counterpart CEO.
It is this difference in behaviour based on gender that is referred to as casual sexism.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum