{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grimsby game postponed (now 6th Nov)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Grimsby game postponed

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Means there will be a big gap between our last home game (Oldham) and next home game in the league. 2 weeks on Saturday MK dons come to town, thats gonna feel like an age.

However hate to say it but after the last international break we didn't look great against Exeter and with Flitcroft going back to his old stomping ground I think it will be a struggle at Swindon.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Great result for me I can Go to the game if it's a midweek night match
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby dazstag » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm

bad news for me and my brother who cannot get to midweek games and would assume port vale game will go as well!
dazstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Grimsby

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:If we are without Pearce and Sweeney I’d rather it be off with Bish suspended too.

Why is his suspension going to be over now then?
If we cant beat Grimsby without him there's something seriously wrong
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Bad news. Any fixture backlog could kill our off our promotion push. It's always better to have the points (or point :lol: ) on the board.

If we have a decent run in the FA Cup and a bad winter then the fixtures could pile up. I'm not sure our current squad are capable of playing and winning two games per week unlike Coxy's good old honest hardworking boys. It will also increase the pressure on David Flitcroft as we slide further down the table.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Agree - a bad winter and a couple of cup games and we could be facing a fixture backlog. I never thought when I first started supporting Mansfield all those years ago that we’d have the dilemma of games off due to international call ups!
It’s great for the players chosen but I’m not sure it does the club any favours.
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yaxhamstag » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Jimstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:It's pretty annoying, but as others have said, it's the right decision to make.

Shame though, as Grimsby on a Tuesday night will have a good 1,000 less than a Saturday game probably - one I won't be able to make :(

Agree. Ticket sales will be the biggest impact on the club, can you get a refund if you have purchased a ticket but can’t make the rearranged game? My mate was coming up for this one but I doubt he’ll be able to now.

The right decision to call it off but a bit late in the day, I’m guessing it’s down to waiting for the respective FAs to declare their squads?

Great news for the respective players, hope they go on the shine for their nations.

I was coming from Norfolk and won’t be able to do a midweek game. I rang up the ticket office and arranged a refund earlier.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chris M » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Got no problem with game being moved, just the timing of the postponement. I used up my last favours last Friday to move my working shift in order to attend. Now do not know if I can attend at all when match is played.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Does this mean the gate will be open? Or will it be closed needlessly and pointlessly for 20 minutes at 2.45 pm this Saturday.

Who will be the first to take this seriously and comment back?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Harrington St Hero wrote:Agree - a bad winter and a couple of cup games and we could be facing a fixture backlog. I never thought when I first started supporting Mansfield all those years ago that we’d have the dilemma of games off due to international call ups!
It’s great for the players chosen but I’m not sure it does the club any favours.

I'd imagine if we went up one or 'cough' two divisions this will be a regular occurence. :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:50 pm

We had our first loss after the last break.
With it being Swindon away next I'm worried.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:02 pm

The fixture pile up did us good in the blue square winning year.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Harrington St Hero wrote:Agree - a bad winter and a couple of cup games and we could be facing a fixture backlog. I never thought when I first started supporting Mansfield all those years ago that we’d have the dilemma of games off due to international call ups!

I'd imagine if we went up one or 'cough' two divisions this will be a regular occurence. :D

But if we did go up 'cough' two divisions we wouldn't have to deal with the chicken feed trophy and we'd practically get a bye to the FA Cup final (all league teams should start in round 1 however i digress).

Unless they get a cup run the number of potential games are less in the championship to accommodate for the international breaks.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:28 pm

gutted it's been postponed. we've been playing some really good football and not got the 4 points from 2 games we really could have. also, the new PYHBO! fanzine was due for release on the day!! would hate to be gabittas right now, stressing over how he's ever going to get an early kick off on a tuesday night in!
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:42 am

The gate'll still get slammed shut, but most folk'll have been at work all day and will be in the morning after so they'll not be marauding the town hours before a game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:42 am

yaxhamstag wrote:
I was coming from Norfolk and won’t be able to do a midweek game. I rang up the ticket office and arranged a refund earlier.

Cheers Yaxham, I’ll get it sorted.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 am

gazza1988 wrote:http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscipline?league=33&club=10537295

Benning is on five as well but not suspended.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:17 pm

One of the five was at Lincoln in cup so does not count to league suspension. You need two bookings in checkatrade to warrant missing a checkatrade tie.

Interesting that bishop misses all first team football until we play one league game.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:51 pm

port vale next game off.??sterling already called up!
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Grimsby re-arranged for the 6th November. Busy period coming up with 4 Tuesday night games on the trot, with 3 being in the league.

Need to be hitting form! Won’t be easy though with 4 out of the next 5 league games at home also. Picture will be a lot clearer this time next month.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:05 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Grimsby re-arranged for the 6th November. Busy period coming up with 4 Tuesday night games on the trot, with 3 being in the league.

Need to be hitting form! Won’t be easy though with 4 out of the next 5 league games at home also. Picture will be a lot clearer this time next month.

away
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:36 pm

part time pete wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Grimsby re-arranged for the 6th November. Busy period coming up with 4 Tuesday night games on the trot, with 3 being in the league.

away

But one is Swindon. Hope we (and flitcroft) hammers them.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Re: Grimsby game postponed (now 6th Nov)

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:42 pm

part time pete wrote:

away

Of course, no idea why i put that :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Grimsby game postponed (now 6th Nov)

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Grimsby fans raging because we have a first team friendly v Birmingham tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum