{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Timi Elsnik

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Timi Elsnik

Postby die hirsche » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:19 pm

stags4eva wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Conker wrote:He shows how evident it is Macca is a winger and not a CM.

Macca's a good workhorse but needs someone along side him to do the creating.

He's not though he's just a headless chicken most of the time - another Jamie McGuire (our fans have idolised centre midfielders who can't pass for years for some reason)

When he's fit i'd try him at right wing back tell him to use all that energy getting up and down the wing - and he loves taking a throw in.

It's no suprise to me results/performances have instantly improved since he got injured.

Spot on.

I'd have him as a defensive mid sub. Come on and use his energy to break up play, get in peoples faces and just be a bit of a tomato.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Agree that backup for Bish is probably where Macca fits now. To compare him to JM is harsh though. He's a much better footballer.

Elsnik was quality last night.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfield_smooth » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:02 am

I think the weak link in the midfield three is khan, macca or timi could do a better job further up the pitch for me!
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:10 am

Yes sign him if cash availability is ok and of course he wants to play in league 2 again as this could be a possibility with all these draws and lack of killer goal scorer
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:22 am

mansfield_smooth wrote:I think the weak link in the midfield three is khan, macca or timi could do a better job further up the pitch for me!

W-O-W :shock: :shock: :shock:
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:28 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:
mansfield_smooth wrote:I think the weak link in the midfield three is khan, macca or timi could do a better job further up the pitch for me!

WOW indeed. I can’t see that being popular.

Personally I think Khan does a good job linking the play, although I do agree that I’d prefer to see Macca further up the field but his energy will be useful there in certain types of games. From what I’ve seen I think Bishop and Timi provide good balance in centre mid to free up Khan to do the creative job, we’ve created a lot of chances so I don’t think we can accuse the midfield of anything there. If you’re being harsh they are as culpable with the poor finishing but I’m of the belief that if we keep creating results will come.

The big question for me is whether we can perform that well away from home? We’ve seen it in patches but if we’re not winning home games when dominating like Tuesday we need to pick up more than a 1-1 draw away to catch up with the early leaders.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfield_smooth » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:34 am

Jimstag wrote:

Personally I think Khan does a good job linking the play, although I do agree that I’d prefer to see Macca further up the field but his energy will be useful there in certain types of games. From what I’ve seen I think Bishop and Timi provide good balance in centre mid to free up Khan to do the creative job, we’ve created a lot of chances so I don’t think we can accuse the midfield of anything there. If you’re being harsh they are as culpable with the poor finishing but I’m of the belief that if we keep creating results will come.

The big question for me is whether we can perform that well away from home? We’ve seen it in patches but if we’re not winning home games when dominating like Tuesday we need to pick up more than a 1-1 draw away to catch up with the early leaders.

I think he’s a good player just with the system we play he doesn’t do enough work tracking back,
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:35 am

Khan has been very good. Timi is a quality player also, maybe he has a bit more quality, but no way has Khan been under performing!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 pm

mansfield_smooth wrote:
Jimstag wrote:

I think he’s a good player just with the system we play he doesn’t do enough work tracking back,

That is because he is playing behind the strikers, its not his job to track back and defend. If you had him running up and down the field all the time he would be knackered by half time.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Andy Perrin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:08 pm

He reminds me of a young Muzza from the promotion season, i think he'll only get better and better.
Been a Glory Hunter since 1969
Andy Perrin
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum