{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Timi Elsnik

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Timi Elsnik

Postby smulls » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Love Timi as he is a fantastic and calm footballer. I think we can afford to buy him from The Rams.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Timi Elsnik

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Played very well in both games so far. Has the ability to beat a man which is rare in a central midfielder.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Him and Bish must start
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PRL13 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:31 pm

That run and goal were a breath of fresh air!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:34 pm

He shows how evident it is Macca is a winger and not a CM.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm

I think he must be worth more than we can afford but he is very good. Best partner Bish will have!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Conker wrote:He shows how evident it is Macca is a winger and not a CM.

Macca's a good workhorse but needs someone along side him to do the creating.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:21 pm

I thought he was absolutely outstanding, effort, skill, creativity - the whole lot. In a different league to Macca for me.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Rob wrote:I thought he was absolutely outstanding, effort, skill, creativity - the whole lot. In a different league to Macca for me.

My thoughts too excellent player & a big strong lad as well .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Offer 300-600K and Derby will snap your hand off... Hanson who has had more first team experience but shown his not good enough went to oxford for 180K

We were also close to signing Jayden Bogle at right back but hes done fantastically well to get a place in their first team.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:32 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Offer 300-600K and Derby will snap your hand off... Hanson who has had more first team experience but shown his not good enough went to oxford for 180K

We were also close to signing Jayden Bogle at right back but hes done fantastically well to get a place in their first team.

Spending JR's cash again, ain't it easy when it's not yours
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Rob wrote:I thought he was absolutely outstanding, effort, skill, creativity - the whole lot. In a different league to Macca for me.

My thoughts too excellent player & a big strong lad as well .

A very talented footballer who just gets on with his game. He uses the ball very intelligently and he is certainly not afraid to run with the ball as he showed in the game v Cobblers.

A bit of a different player to Macca and in my opinion more skilful.
Macca has a good work rate but sometimes without an end result although I think he is a valid member of the team . Just hope TE stays for as long as possible.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Quick feet, footballing brain and fits in well with Ian ‘player of the season already’ Bishop. A welcome addition to the side. Another example of how we are moving, as a club, in the right direction. A young footballer who wants to play football and play it well. Not the mercenary ‘established’ stars that may not have necessarily done so well here in the last 18 months

Spent the second half that, regretfully, explaining to someone near me that he is not related to the blonde who bursts from the birthday cake in the film Under Seige.

Took a while for it to sink that Erica Eleniak does not have a brother that plays for Derby called Tim. Shame really as I think Paul Nylon could make a fortune organing birthday parties with ‘that’ cake.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:10 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Quick feet, footballing brain and fits in well with Ian ‘player of the season already’ Bishop. A welcome addition to the side. Another example of how we are moving, as a club, in the right direction. A young footballer who wants to play football and play it well. Not the mercenary ‘established’ stars that may not have necessarily done so well here in the last 18 months

Spent the second half that, regretfully, explaining to someone near me that he is not related to the blonde who bursts from the birthday cake in the film Under Seige.

Took a while for it to sink that Erica Eleniak does not have a brother that plays for Derby called Tim. Shame really as I think Paul Nylon could make a fortune organing birthday parties with ‘that’ cake.

He could make a fortune selling stockings though :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:15 pm

It's okay to make a quick judgement on a player/manager but not a bad one ey Rob? :lol:

Seriously though it's too early to say anything like that really, although he's clearly a natural CM unlike Macca who is more a winger but can do a job in the middle.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Both of them were continually high fiving each other which suggests they are on the same wavelength and appreciate each others efforts, cracking partnership a masterclass by David in the transfer market.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Conker wrote:

It's okay to make a quick judgement on a player/manager but not a bad one ey Rob? :lol:

Seriously though it's too early to say anything like that really, although he's clearly a natural CM unlike Macca who is more a winger but can do a job in the middle.

Fair point, but I was only commenting on his performance last night, which was better than anything I have seen from Macca (who I do like by the way). To be honest, I think I would look half decent playing alongside Bishop, he needs wrapping up in cotton wool for he is utter class.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:

Fair point, but I was only commenting on his performance last night, which was better than anything I have seen from Macca (who I do like by the way). To be honest, I think I would look half decent playing alongside Bishop, he needs wrapping up in cotton wool for he is utter class.

Can you remember when he signed and our superior fan base was claiming it was radford who signed one of his mates who’s legs had gone as a favour. :lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Extremely impressed last night. An absolute Tank of a young man.
Strong runner with and without the ball , loves a tackle and a shot.
Good signing.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Conker wrote:

Don't think he is actually a natural CM, think he came through as a winger before being converted by DF.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

He's not though he's just a headless chicken most of the time - another Jamie McGuire (our fans have idolised centre midfielders who can't pass for years for some reason)

When he's fit i'd try him at right wing back tell him to use all that energy getting up and down the wing - and he loves taking a throw in.

It's no suprise to me results/performances have instantly improved since he got injured.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:

That we can agree on, Bishop is quality - not had that in the middle since Ben Whiteman.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:

That we can agree on, Bishop is quality - not had that in the middle since Ben Whiteman.

seems like forever ago when we had whiteman, he was a great player to watch
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Macdonald doesn't fit into the team. It's been obvious since day 2.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:53 pm

stags4eva wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He's not though he's just a headless chicken most of the time - another Jamie McGuire (our fans have idolised centre midfielders who can't pass for years for some reason)

When he's fit i'd try him at right wing back tell him to use all that energy getting up and down the wing - and he loves taking a throw in.

It's no suprise to me results/performances have instantly improved since he got injured.

He's nowhere near as bad as Jamie McGuire. His passing is fine when he's not trying the Hollywood pass. Fans are forgetting during that run last season from November to February, MacDonald ran most of those games.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum