{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

One for the Flitcroft Out brigade

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

One for the Flitcroft Out brigade

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 pm

https://experimental361.com/2018/09/30/ ... -sep-2018/

“The trio of Bury, Forest Green and Mansfield have looked the most dominant in raw shot terms, suggesting that all should be capable of a promotion push this season”
Dan
Manager
Manager

Re: One for the Flitcroft Out brigade

Postby ParisStag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:29 am

We are going up say we are going up!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:48 am

They are only stats.

They couldn't possibly be right, could they ?

Surely if it was about how poor the manager was, DF would be firmly in the top left hand corner, wouldn't he ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:52 am

There is only one relevant stat in football. Score more goals than the team you are playing agsinst.

It's the one stat that can't be manipulated to fit an argument.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:17 am

Sneag wrote:There is only one relevant stat in football. Score more goals than the team you are playing agsinst.

It's the one stat that can't be manipulated to fit an argument.

True.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 am

69% of people find innuendos in stats .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:01 am

Yes Dan another positive stat, I’d say it’s been like that for most of the 1-1 draws until we’ve sat back and soaked up pressure until somethings happened and we’ve conceded the equaliser, the difference Saturday was that we pushed on and found more chances to score ourselves. If this is a true turning point I can see us heading up the table.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am

The shot data is mostly reliable in finding the top teams in the division, and will obviously become more accurate as the season goes on. It's what the bookmakers used to set their odds, hence why The Posh are always a bigger price than you expect at the moment, as their performance data doesn't match the results they are getting.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 am

I'm all for stats if they get us three points or a hard earned draw , otherwise they mean sod all I'm disappointed with our points total . This has nothing to do with the manager more of a case that if we had taken our chances then we would be in the top three ,
I'm quite optimistic about rest of the season . Just hope I don't feel suicidal again come May .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:34 am

tmwilson wrote:I'm all for stats if they get us three points or a hard earned draw , otherwise they mean sod all I'm disappointed with our points total . This has nothing to do with the manager more of a case that if we had taken our chances then we would be in the top three ,
I'm quite optimistic about rest of the season . Just hope I don't feel suicidal again come May .

Quite right, the stats show we are creating plenty of chances, and not giving away too many, but it's then down to the finishing on the day. Brentford are at the top of these sort of things all the time in the Championship but have not had the strikers in recent years to put the ball in the net.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum