{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

After today

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

After today

Postby Ben from Dover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:10 am

Great result today, clean sheet and 4 goals.

Another home game Tuesday, confidence has to be high.

Game in hand.

Heard rumours today if we lost DF was gone. So glad the team did the business.

Massive DF fan. The only way is up
Ben from Dover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: After today

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:15 am

Ben from Dover wrote:Great result today, clean sheet and 4 goals.

Game in hand.

Of course you did.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:09 am

Dan wrote:
Ben from Dover wrote:Great result today, clean sheet and 4 goals.

Game in hand.

Of course you did.

It's true Dan the hierarchy want good results from today and Tuesday at the very least.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby acasman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:01 am

Heard same rumour in the 1861 suite.
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 am

Definitely a different story to what I was told yesterday , but then again he could be wrong , even if hes on the board . I prefer to believe the people who go by rumours
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:15 am

Fleetwood Mac Rumours
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:21 am

Pleased for DF. We are playing good football under him. I too heard this rumour but JR is usually not so scattergun!!! Only one loss and a game in hand win off fifth place. It would madness to get rid imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:37 am

You al know nothing, just rumours.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:44 am

You could see how relieved DF was at full time. That said, I don't think the JR rumour is true. He doesn't strike me as the kind of make that kind of threat and if he did he wouldn't make it public knowledge. It would be out of character for him to get rid this soon as well.

This is more likely a comment like 'results need to improve' and Chinese whispers have done the rest. If I'm wrong then fair enough but that's my theory.

The manager needs to take this and build on it. He's taken the pressure off now. We need to use that to push on and get some decent form.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:49 am

Heard a rumour that a club representative had been sent out to buy a paddling pool and some lime green jelly but like all other rumours yesterday it turned out to be a load of rubbish.

We played well yesterday, the crowd were entertained, attendance is on the rise, we showed that we have footballers in the side that know how to carry on for 90 minutes and people smiled as they left the ground.

For me that was and is enough. Don’t listen to rumours just form your own opinions of what you see and enjoy the weekend.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:01 am

I heard a rumour in the Sandy that we are now building a new stand on Bishop Street with the hotel above it. The teller of the rumour apparently had insider knowledge.

I didn't believe that rumour either.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:36 am

Depend on purchase of gym !
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I heard a rumour in the Sandy that we are now building a new stand on Bishop Street with the hotel above it. The teller of the rumour apparently had insider knowledge.

I heard a rumour they were going to name a street and stand in honour of Stags midfielder Neil Bishop
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Stephen » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I heard a rumour in the Sandy that we are now building a new stand on Bishop Street with the hotel above it. The teller of the rumour apparently had insider knowledge.

The hotel plans are on the Mansfield council website, its going on the corner between the quarry land end and west stand
Stephen
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm

I assume the rumour arose from Carolyn's tweet before the game

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:21 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I assume the rumour arose from Carolyn's tweet before the game

Not a paddling pool in sight. Shame that. :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Hmmm, insider info. You do realise that He's had nearly as good a start as Evans did last season?

Should we win on Tuesday, he would have gained more points than Evans did after 10 games.

Should we draw, he would have 1 point less than Evans did after 10 games (but lost less games and by extension won less)

Should we lose, then 2 points less.

I would wager that that rumour is rubbish, Radford has history of sticking by managers. He was prepared to keep Duncan Russell on. So if you expect me to believe he'd willingly sack someone, after he was appointed only 7 months ago, then you want to try a different line. The guy has had 1 transfer window with some expensive deadwood to contend with. Evans had 2 transfer windows. and only gained 2 more point by this point last season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:23 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Hmmm, insider info. You do realise that He's had nearly as good a start as Evans did last season?

Should we win on Tuesday, he would have gained more points than Evans did after 10 games.

Should we draw, he would have 1 point less than Evans did after 10 games (but lost less games and by extension won less)

I would wager that that rumour is rubbish, Radford has history of sticking by managers. He was prepared to keep Duncan Russell on. So if you expect me to believe he'd willingly sack someone, after he was appointed only 7 months ago, then you want to try a different line. The guy has had 1 transfer window with some expensive deadwood to contend with. Evans had 2 transfer windows. and only gained 2 more point by this point last season.

Sshhh! The realists don't like it when you look at anything other than results! :lol:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Stephen » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:24 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Hmmm, insider info. You do realise that He's had nearly as good a start as Evans did last season?

Yep, add to that we’ve lost 1 game all season
Stephen
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:35 am

Once upon a time

Alex Ferguson was one game away from being sacked at Manchester United n the rest is history....

Some managers just need that kick in the derry aire to kick start their career....

Coindential changes made to the squad for the better also happened on Saturday.....

Timmi in Mal back Mcdonnald dropped White dropped CJ. looked happier

But eh ho what's my opinion I only see what I see n don't believe in rumours
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am

Fact of life. Rumours start on platforms like this.

That's why I get so annoyed with the can't wait brigade.

Best not to react, because it's fuel to the fire. I'm convinced some of the usual suspects are trolls.

I will try and ignore the naughty boys in future :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum