{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Time to stop the negativity

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Time to stop the negativity

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:02 am

Good original post. The crap I’ve seen on Facebook over the last few hours is laughable. There are people still calling for the manager to be sacked. One defeat and win the game in hand and we are fourth. Utter stupidity.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:16 am

I said before the transfer window closed we need a RWB and CB. The reason was any injuries and we are gonna be shoehorning players. White gets injured, Hamilton at RWB. Preston injured. White goes to CB and Hamilton at RWB.

Flitcroft promoted Henri Wilder to the first team but he's a LB. We could put Gibbens at CB and move a CB to RWB but again we are shoehorning players into positions they aren't familiar with.

Going forward if we are to play Atkinson at RWB then 1 of Benning or Hamilton would have to be dropped.Perhaps Khan so Hamilton can play an advanced role. Or we play 1 up front like Jamie suggests but that was a cardinal sin last week.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:41 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
abc wrote:Preston has pace and can defend unlike CJ. We're talking about filling when White is not available.

Completely laughable. The most natural replacement cover for an injured White, for me, is Atkinson by a mile.

I have already said Atkinson followed by Anderson and Preston if need be especially if Flipflop reverted to 442. The point is that there are several other options than playing a left winger at right wing back. :roll:
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:43 am

There's a right pillock who sits near us and moans all game. He must have been born miserable. He's got it in for Walker and doesn't stop slagging him off, even when he scores goals or 10 mins after he's been subbed and we're 4-0 up.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Atkinson did very well when he came on yesterday. In fact he had a massive hand in one of the goals.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stagg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Paris, you must sit near me in West Stand Lower, I am unfortunate enough to sit right behind him. According to him Walker is the worst player to ever play for us and when he was subbed and folk clapped, he remarked as loudly as he could that 'he wasn't going to clap that garbage'. He really is charming. He seems to really come to life when we concede and then is really in his element. I can't bear him but am stuck with it if I want to stay in the seat I've had for many years.
stagg
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:08 pm

stagg wrote:Paris, you must sit near me in West Stand Lower, I am unfortunate enough to sit right behind him. According to him Walker is the worst player to ever play for us and when he was subbed and folk clapped, he remarked as loudly as he could that 'he wasn't going to clap that garbage'. He really is charming. He seems to really come to life when we concede and then is really in his element. I can't bear him but am stuck with it if I want to stay in the seat I've had for many years.

my friend said he heard someone scream something like 'dont put him on, he's raspberries flitcroft' when Atkinson was getting subbed on. embarrassing if true
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:56 pm

We have a guy like that in P, if we haven’t scored within 15 he starts shouting down to the bench things like, ‘come on Flickers, wind them up’ and ‘this is terrible flickers’ among other things. Those sat around him usually have their head in their hands.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Tawnystag wrote:We have a guy like that in P, if we haven’t scored within 15 he starts shouting down to the bench things like, ‘come on Flickers, wind them up’ and ‘this is terrible flickers’ among other things. Those sat around him usually have their head in their hands.

Is that the fella who always wears the lanyard? He loves shouting to Flitcroft 'Get them wound up'. Not even sure what that means to be honest.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Jamie wrote:
abc wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
abc wrote:Preston has pace and can defend unlike CJ. We're talking about filling when White is not available.

I mean, this is just laughable . Preston is a good player, but do you really think Preston could bomb it up and down the wing each game? He's not that fast and certainly not amazing with the ball at his feet.

No his feet aren't that great but then neither are White's and yes he is quick.

White is 1st or 2nd fastest at the club. Preston is no where near. Bottom 5 I would say. Can only imagine Pearce and maybe Bish would be slower over a decent sprint.

He's a decent no nonsense CB who gets stuck in, wins his headers and clear his lines... He's about as far from being a viable wing back as is possible. He has no pace, no grace or touch on the ball, he can't really pass and from some of his distribution lacks vision. He's a solid L2 CB, that's all...

Preston would be terrible at wing back but he's certainly not slow, his acceleration is very good. You may be right about being in the bottom five but we have quite a pacey squad.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:02 pm

ParisStag wrote:There's a right pillock who sits near us and moans all game. He must have been born miserable. He's got it in for Walker and doesn't stop slagging him off, even when he scores goals or 10 mins after he's been subbed and we're 4-0 up.

Perhaps he's related to the charming chap who sits near me in the IGL. He spends the duration of the match slagging CJ off, not even CJ's goal stopped him spouting his bile.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Some people will just have the knives out for Flitcroft until the day he departs. It's sad but true and it is purely down to the pig headedness of some of our fans.

The one negative for me is that he sometimes sits back too soon and in some instances that has cost us granted but the draws against Colchester and Cambridge where due to a shocking keeper error and a freakish deflection. If not for that we would already be 4th if we win our game in hand we will sit 5th.

We are playing better football than last season and listening to all interviews after Saturday it is clear the philosophy is to be more ruthless so hopefully we will push on from here.

Side point, yes Hamilton is playing out of position but if you think 1. He is doing a bad job or 2. Preston would be a better option then you are nothing short of deluded.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:57 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Some people will just have the knives out for Flitcroft until the day he departs. It's sad but true and it is purely down to the pig headedness of some of our fans.

The one negative for me is that he sometimes sits back too soon and in some instances that has cost us granted but the draws against Colchester and Cambridge where due to a shocking keeper error and a freakish deflection. If not for that we would already be 4th if we win our game in hand we will sit 5th.

We are playing better football than last season and listening to all interviews after Saturday it is clear the philosophy is to be more ruthless so hopefully we will push on from here.

Side point, yes Hamilton is playing out of position but if you think 1. He is doing a bad job or 2. Preston would be a better option then you are nothing short of deluded.

Ha well said Cass!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 pm

if we revert to 4 4 2
does Khan revert to a winger ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:08 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:if we revert to 4 4 2
does Khan revert to a winger ?

Would have to. Couldn't play centre mid or striker.

In the second half on Saturday, seemed like we were playing the two tens again with Walker playing down the right and Khan down the left. Whether it was concious change or not or Otis was just exploiting space utilising his free role, he definitely played a lot wider and more left sided in the second half.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:27 pm

What we cannot let happen is Khan is not playing & drifts out of the team because of formation like Clucas & we miss out on cash later down the line.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 pm

stagg wrote:Paris, you must sit near me in West Stand Lower, I am unfortunate enough to sit right behind him. According to him Walker is the worst player to ever play for us and when he was subbed and folk clapped, he remarked as loudly as he could that 'he wasn't going to clap that garbage'. He really is charming. He seems to really come to life when we concede and then is really in his element. I can't bear him but am stuck with it if I want to stay in the seat I've had for many years.

Unfortunately, there are several of these people. I sit in IGU - P block. The block I'm talking about isn't even lanyard man either (although I know who that is). There are some proper entitled whingers in P! :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tawnystag wrote:We have a guy like that in P, if we haven’t scored within 15 he starts shouting down to the bench things like, ‘come on Flickers, wind them up’ and ‘this is terrible flickers’ among other things. Those sat around him usually have their head in their hands.

Is that the fella who always wears the lanyard? He loves shouting to Flitcroft 'Get them wound up'. Not even sure what that means to be honest.

Yes he’s the one. Lanyard man.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Tawnystag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Yes he’s the one. Lanyard man.

Sad git
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:03 pm

P Block massive representing on this thread 8-)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm in P block, whenever I can get that is.

Is "Lanyard man" Alan?

If so I usually sit just behind him with my dad and son. Those who sit nearby, my dad is the guy who goes for 4, 5 or 6 nil every game with a player on the bench to score first. He also uses crutches. I'm the fat ginger guy. Say hello next time you see me.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:57 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I'm in P block, whenever I can get that is.

Is "Lanyard man" Alan?

If so I usually sit just behind him with my dad and son. Those who sit nearby, my dad is the guy who goes for 4, 5 or 6 nil every game with a player on the bench to score first. He also uses crutches. I'm the fat ginger guy. Say hello next time you see me.

Not sure what his name is but he's always standing up and shouting something or other, would say hes 4 or 5 rows up. I sit on row P.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum