{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is Hamilton being de-valued?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is Hamilton being de-valued?

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:16 am

To answer the topic I’d say yes he is. He came on leaps and bounds last year playing with Benning down the left to the point he was one of the first names on the team sheet. The left hand side was probably our main attacking threat. He is being devalued as he is now not improving in that position due to playing at right wing back, can you really see any club wanting to sign CJ to play in that position? I highly doubt it, He does a job there but it’s not natural and we don’t get the best out of him. If he was still doing what he was doing last year then I’d imagine he’d be on a lot of clubs radar.

The annoying thing is, we don’t seem to be gaining anything out of this new formation if you ask me. White, Pearce, Preston, Benning as a 4 with Bishop in front this year is a solid defensive unit and one I think is good enough for the top 7, but we’re yet to see it. Bishop provides that defensive cover we lacked last year.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:20 am

Hamilton turns defence into attack instantly, and almost every time he needs to. He does put in a lot of good crosses from the left if you watch carefully. Unfortunately we don't have players who attack crosses so they go to waste and people assume that they're poor crosses. But they often lead indirectly to chances, hence his great value to the team but lack of supporting statistics. There's no statistical measure of turning defence into attack, but personally I feel that it's a very useful talent. Playing on the wrong side does take the edge off his game though.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:12 am

He needs to be on the left wing where he is best in a 4 4 2

Bobby
White Preston Sweeney Benning
Khan mellis Bishop CJ
Rose Walker

I would play this team whenever I could injuries and suspensions aside.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:04 am

Captain Cunno wrote:He needs to be on the left wing where he is best in a 4 4 2

Bobby
White Preston Sweeney Benning
Khan mellis Bishop CJ
Rose Walker

I would play this team whenever I could injuries and suspensions aside.

110% agree
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:05 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Why would it? It's more similar to his natural position than his current one. He's the fittest player in the squad. Flitcroft's not going to change the system he spent all pre-season working on just because some on here are saying '4-4-2 flip-flop'. Assuming White is still injured we don't have a natural right wing-back.

Oooh pull on to the back stick Mr forward, they are playing a midget who can't head a ball at RWB, dip your bread :roll:

And how many times have you seen CH head a ball away this season? He’s not known for his aerial prowess either. There are three 6ft 2plus centre halves in there to do that job.

Hmmmm, you must have missed several matches especially Newport at home despite the 3-0 win where they missed numerous headers crossing from one empty flank to the other by passing the centre backs.
Three at the back isn't working but you stick with stubborn Dave.

By the way, who's CH?
[/quote]

Obviously meant to be CJ, but if you're trying to be clever it backfired, since his name is actually Christopher Hamilton, so it works either way.

If you want CJ in the team, he's either going to be a wing back or an attacking mid, that's just how it is unless we change formation which looks unlikely at the moment. Especially when either Khan or Preston said in their interview this week that they enjoy the formation, or words to that effect.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:06 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
The One wrote:I stood outside a Wetherspoons few weeks ago in MK. Bury fans drinking there before match with Dons.

Got talking re DF they do not rate him. Playing players out of position etc.

I told them we have left winger at right back, they said typical Flitcroft and laughed.

No it's ok, MTFCMusings says so

:lol: such a baby. If he's in the team and you want two up front it's going to be as a wing back.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:05 am

Although I agree CJ should be played on the left there is a small silver lining to the cloud. Prolonged play on the right side of the pitch can only improve CJ's ability with his right foot thus giving him better balance and options. It will make him a better player over all but as I said only a small silver lining.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Why would it? It's more similar to his natural position than his current one. He's the fittest player in the squad. Flitcroft's not going to change the system he spent all pre-season working on just because some on here are saying '4-4-2 flip-flop'. Assuming White is still injured we don't have a natural right wing-back.

Oooh pull on to the back stick Mr forward, they are playing a midget who can't head a ball at RWB, dip your bread :roll:

And how many times have you seen CH head a ball away this season? He’s not known for his aerial prowess either. There are three 6ft 2plus centre halves in there to do that job.

Hmmmm, you must have missed several matches especially Newport at home despite the 3-0 win where they missed numerous headers crossing from one empty flank to the other by passing the centre backs.
Three at the back isn't working but you stick with stubborn Dave.

By the way, who's CH?

Obviously meant to be CJ, but if you're trying to be clever it backfired, since his name is actually Christopher Hamilton, so it works either way.

If you want CJ in the team, he's either going to be a wing back or an attacking mid, that's just how it is unless we change formation which looks unlikely at the moment. Especially when either Khan or Preston said in their interview this week that they enjoy the formation, or words to that effect.[/quote]

I do want him in the team but not at flipping RWB, but you back Dodgy Dave if he played him in goal.
It used to be difficult to find decent left footers to balance the team then we had two, Benning and Hamilton formed a great partnership and understanding so if we can't find a tenapenny right footer to cover at right back there's something wrong. Perhaps Dodgy should have addressed this instead of bulling Elsnik up then not saying him cos a RW (Macca) is still failing there.

The Swindon fans told us all this its no coincidence!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:31 pm

So what position do you want him to play in the current formation then?

Whether you or I think the formation is right is irrelevant as long as Flitcroft thinks it is right.

Elsnik is coming back from injury and is probably not up to speed yet with the rest of the group. I'm sure his chance will come.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

If you want CJ in the team, he's either going to be a wing back or an attacking mid, that's just how it is unless we change formation which looks unlikely at the moment. Especially when either Khan or Preston said in their interview this week that they enjoy the formation, or words to that effect.

I do want him in the team but not at flipping RWB, but you back Dodgy Dave if he played him in goal.
It used to be difficult to find decent left footers to balance the team then we had two, Benning and Hamilton formed a great partnership and understanding so if we can't find a tenapenny right footer to cover at right back there's something wrong. Perhaps Dodgy should have addressed this instead of bulling Elsnik up then not saying him cos a RW (Macca) is still failing there.

I agree, we need rid of DF ASAP!

With a bit of luck we can sign his replacement by start of Sept, and have them fired by the end of the month if their brand of ugly football bears no significant improvement ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:42 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

With a bit of luck we can sign his replacement by start of Sept, and have them fired by the end of the month if their brand of ugly football bears no significant improvement ;)

Read it carefully, highlight where I want rid :roll: I want him to play players in their correct positions.

In answer to Musings, if Dodgy persists with the formation then if Mal is the preferred LWB, CJ shouldn't play
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm

dodgy? since when was Paul Raynor our manager :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:48 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Read it carefully, highlight where I want rid :roll: I want him to play players in their correct positions.

In answer to Musings, if Dodgy persists with the formation then if Mal is the preferred LWB, CJ shouldn't play

Read mine even more carefully, and you'll realise I'm only agreeing with you. Then making my own statement about it being a reason to be rid of DF, as per some other fans looking for any reason ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:45 pm

To answer the original post.

No.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:20 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:To answer the original post.

No.

At right wing back he is, his impact today came when he finally got moved further forward for one of the first times this season. He took the opportunity well and showed what he can do in an advanced position. We all knew the problems he can cause teams when attacking, nice to see him get he chance today.

Don’t get me wrong, he fills in okay at right wing back but it’s nowhere near his best position as we’ve seen today.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:34 pm

1st 70mins.. he was a passenger.. but once walker came off and will atkinson when RB.. he was a different player.. just proves what he CAN do..
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:32 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:To answer the original post.

No.

At right wing back he is, his impact today came when he finally got moved further forward for one of the first times this season. He took the opportunity well and showed what he can do in an advanced position. We all knew the problems he can cause teams when attacking, nice to see him get he chance today.

Don’t get me wrong, he fills in okay at right wing back but it’s nowhere near his best position as we’ve seen today.

IMO in the position he’s been playing he’s the second best player to be able To play that position after White. The wingbacks in this formation are essential and if that means utilising Hamilton away from his Most suitable position then so be it but I think he’s done ok and it’s nice to have him available incertain games to move up the pitch and cause more havoc.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 pm

CJ is our best player, easily Champ standard.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:18 pm

Rob wrote:CJ is our best player, easily Champ standard.

He's a good lad, with a great attitude and one of my favourite players at the club.

He has the potential to be our best player and maybe one day play at a higher level, but he's nowhere near championship standard at the moment.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:28 pm

Sneag wrote:

He's a good lad, with a great attitude and one of my favourite players at the club.

He has the potential to be our best player and maybe one day play at a higher level, but he's nowhere near championship standard at the moment.

There are Championship sides interested in him, one in particular.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Sneag wrote:

I watch a lot of Forest, I know, family affliction etc. He'd walk into their side, he has pace and skill, a bit raw but better than what Forest have. He absolutely could play Champ now, he would revel in the better quality and service he would get. He's the best footballer we have had in many, many years, we absolutely must invest in him and ensure we get full value when he moves up. He is twice the player Clucas ever will be.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I watch a lot of Forest, I know, family affliction etc. He'd walk into their side, he has pace and skill, a bit raw but better than what Forest have. He absolutely could play Champ now, he would revel in the better quality and service he would get. He's the best footballer we have had in many, many years, we absolutely must invest in him and ensure we get full value when he moves up. He is twice the player Clucas ever will be.

He isn't that good footballer at all, it's all the pace. He's nowhere near the player Clucas is Einstein but he is lighting quick. I thought someone of your superior intelligence would know that.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:53 pm

abc wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

He isn't that good footballer at all, it's all the pace. He's nowhere near the player Clucas is Einstein but he is lighting quick. I thought someone of your superior intelligence would know that.

:lol: Simpleton.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Technically he’s knowhere near as good as Clucas.

He’s the potential to play higher up the leagues though thanks to his pace.

A bit more composure in front of goal, better delivery of the ball and decision making wihuch Im Sure he will achieve with us should see us MTFC earn from him.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:44 am

If the perfomance doesnt confirm what everyoneknows then DF is pure stubborn. Cj needs to be up the pitch
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum