{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Cobblers Scorefred sponsored by Dig Our Heels In

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Cobblers Scorefred sponsored by Dig Our Heels In

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:20 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:It's not in this thread, so I can't, it was something you said a while ago. Check your past posts and you will find it.

I have and it wasn't me, now then what do you do when wrong? :lol:

I've PM'd it to you.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:09 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Keith Curle appointed new Northampton manager
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:03 pm

laneymtfc wrote:Keith Curle appointed new Northampton manager

That was quick. Another connection to the class Mansfield v Northampton game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:00 pm

A much needed 3 points for the Stags and David Flitcroft. It was a strange game as Mansfield did not play well in the 1st half. We thought a draw would have been a fair result at half time although David Cornell made a great save to stop the point blank Matt Preston header just before half time.

Tyler Walker had another quiet game and it was good to see Danny Rose stepping forward and showing why he is the best striker at the club. Once Danny had created and scored the 2nd goal then we looked a different team. It was also good to see CJ Hamilton being unleashed from his right wing back role for the last 15/20 minutes. I would always do this for the last part of the game and tell CJ to stay up the pitch on the last man. His speed will always mean he can put pressure on defenders and get us up the pitch.

In the end Danny was rightly the MOM closely followed by Timi Elsnik. It's strange that the last two Mansfield managers have had difficulty recognising that Danny Rose is the best striker at the club when the fans could have told them this from the beginning. However good managers appreciate when they have made a mistake and hopefully David Flitcroft will now join Steve Evans in becoming a fan of Danny Rose and give him a regular starting place in the side. If he continues to score goals then he could be worth a lot of money in January.

Overall, an excellent win for the Stags but it must be said that Northampton looked a very poor side in the 2nd half. The worst side I have seen since Port vale last season. Something was clearly wrong at the County Ground and it was no surprise that "Stone Cold" Dean Austn was relieved of his duties and replaced yesterday by former Stags manager, Keith "Mysterious" Curle.

Oldham Athletic will be much tougher opposition tonight and are another bogey side for the Stags. Our last home league win against them was in Feb 1972 when Frank Wignall and John Fairbrother gave us a 2-1 win. I can still remember Steve Taylor scoring the goals for them when they beat us 2-0 in Division 2 in 1977 at a foggy Field Mill. We later signed him from Oldham in 1979 for a record fee of £75,000. We have though only played Oldham twice in the league since 1972. 3 points tonight would be a great boost for everybody at Field Mill. COYS!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum