{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DANNY ROSE

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

DANNY ROSE

Postby FROM A DISTANCE » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:00 pm

I can only watch the Stags live when visiting Mansfield as I live abroad, although subscribing to IFollow I am able to see all the games.
Having just been to the Exeter and Cambridge games it is quite clear that it is essential that we must try to keep Danny ROSE at Mansfield
and furthermore he must start every game. In the Exeter game the opposition looked comfortable until he came onto the pitch, then it was
a different story. At Cambridge he gave their defence nightmares in the first half with his ability both in the air and on the ground. I was
impressed with his overall play and athletic ability. If we are to progress in this League we must keep him in January as others will be
knocking on the door to sign him.
FROM A DISTANCE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: DANNY ROSE

Postby The One » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Its him that put in transfer request, So pleased another thread on this.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:27 pm

The One wrote:Its him that put in transfer request, So pleased another thread on this.

after possibly being misled by the three Stooges at posh
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:38 pm

He still made the decision though, he’s a grown man...
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:49 pm

So is our manager, who continually leaves one of this club's best assets out the side or on the bench , even though when played Rose has given 100% effort and commitment to the Club....
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:Its him that put in transfer request, So pleased another thread on this.

Has ne withdrawn it......... no
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:58 pm

The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

were not in the transfer window so it's not like he's going anywhere is it? someone asked Martin Shaw if he was on the transfer list and he said he's not.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:04 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:So is our manager, who continually leaves one of this club's best assets out the side or on the bench , even though when played Rose has given 100% effort and commitment to the Club....

He was right to leave him out when he did, he was also right to bring him back when he did. I'm a fan of Rose but earlier on in the season he absolutely was not 100% committed to the club. DF has handled him very well.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby weststander » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:41 pm

FROM A DISTANCE wrote:I can only watch the Stags live when visiting Mansfield as I live abroad, although subscribing to IFollow I am able to see all the games.
Having just been to the Exeter and Cambridge games it is quite clear that it is essential that we must try to keep Danny ROSE at Mansfield
and furthermore he must start every game. In the Exeter game the opposition looked comfortable until he came onto the pitch, then it was
a different story. At Cambridge he gave their defence nightmares in the first half with his ability both in the air and on the ground. I was
impressed with his overall play and athletic ability. If we are to progress in this League we must keep him in January as others will be

Your surname isn't Rose by any chance is it?
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:08 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

were not in the transfer window so it's not like he's going anywhere is it? someone asked Martin Shaw if he was on the transfer list and he said he's not.

Where has Martin said this
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Rob wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:So is our manager, who continually leaves one of this club's best assets out the side or on the bench , even though when played Rose has given 100% effort and commitment to the Club....

He was right to leave him out when he did, he was also right to bring him back when he did. I'm a fan of Rose but earlier on in the season he absolutely was not 100% committed to the club. DF has handled him very well.

Rob, How do you know Rose would not have given 100% to the cause of helping MTFC win football matches?

I firmly believe it is a Managers job to get the best out of the personnel available, I am not aware of Rose being unavailable?
This may have been derisary to MTFC and have cost turning a few of those draws into wins IMO
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:01 am

The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Where has Martin said this

he was asked this on commentary against Cambridge
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:11 am

FROM A DISTANCE wrote:I can only watch the Stags live when visiting Mansfield as I live abroad, although subscribing to IFollow I am able to see all the games.

It's not that long ago since DR signed a new contract, so I can't see the club offering another one.

I was critical of him around the time of the Peterborogh story. However, as you point out he has looked more like his old self in the last two games. I'm sure he is giving everything to the cause.

I suppose nearer January other clubs may come knocking on the door to try and sign him.

But for now he looks very focused on playing for us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:33 pm

I look forward to reading at least one thread along a very similar vein in January.

Oh, Danny if you only knew how much of people’s lives you have wasted that they will never get back when they are tied to the keyboard discussing your future.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:56 am

Danny in, Danny out the results 1-1, 0-0 or 1-2 the only exception being Accrington.

Danny had no pre-season to speak of therefore players fully fit got the nod and correctly so. Flitcroft has generally managed Danny's situation well, my only criticism being he should have been on from the start against Exeter and substituted later if he couldn't last the whole game.

At least he's off the mark under DF in the league, his first league goal on Sat under Flitcroft? in how many games? worse than DF's win ratio.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Sorry i know its been mentioned already ,but danny,s apology today ,shows the true honesty of the bloke it takes a good man to own up to his mistakes ,great to have him back :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry i know its been mentioned already ,but danny,s apology today ,shows the true honesty of the bloke it takes a good man to own up to his mistakes ,great to have him back :coys:

also today noticed that Danny run the length of the pitch to get back and help defend. he looks like he's sorted himself out and looks like the rose that we all know.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:51 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry i know its been mentioned already ,but danny,s apology today ,shows the true honesty of the bloke it takes a good man to own up to his mistakes ,great to have him back :coys:

What apology?

Danny was brilliant today, he wanted and deserved a hattrick! Not many strikers would have the determination in which he showed to score his first goal.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Stoney wrote:

What apology?

Danny was brilliant today, he wanted and deserved a hattrick! Not many strikers would have the determination in which he showed to score his first goal.

go on stags Facebook page, he was interviewed after the game and he says he's sorry and really grateful the stags fans have stuck behind him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Nice guy, brilliant performance. Glad is our player!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Ha! Of course he is!!! Let's see what happens in the January transfer window, lads.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:00 pm

zygon2003 wrote:Ha! Of course he is!!! Let's see what happens in the January transfer window, lads.

if he keeps scoring goals for us, it is inevitable he will move up the leagues. let's hope he wants to stay for a promotion challenge. if he goes, not a problem as I'm sure we will get even more money than we would've in the summer.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Not on Facebook anymore but just seen the video now. Nice of Danny to say that and I've no doubt he's fully committed, I still think it's his last season with us but let's get the most out of him.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Don’t get what all the tizz about Danny is tbh.

Players do well for league 2 club, they get linked with clubs higher up and naturally want to try and test themselves at that level, sometimes it does t always look good.

Don’t think he’s really anything to be sorry for and has shown professionalism by applying himself well when others would have thrown their dolly out the pram
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:35 pm

adamstag wrote:Don’t get what all the tizz about Danny is tbh.

Players do well for league 2 club, they get linked with clubs higher up and naturally want to try and test themselves at that level, sometimes it does t always look good.

Don’t think he’s really anything to be sorry for and has shown professionalism by applying himself well when others would have thrown their dolly out the pram

It's down to Evans and unfortunately he led Rose along a slimy path.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum