{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DANNY ROSE

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: DANNY ROSE

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:05 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:10 pm

abc wrote:
adamstag wrote:Don’t get what all the tizz about Danny is tbh.

Players do well for league 2 club, they get linked with clubs higher up and naturally want to try and test themselves at that level, sometimes it does t always look good.

Don’t think he’s really anything to be sorry for and has shown professionalism by applying himself well when others would have thrown their dolly out the pram

It's down to Evans and unfortunately he led Rose along a slimy path.

In the case of Evans its not so much a slimy path and more a slug trail
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:28 pm

How many points has FlipFlops stubbornness not to start Rose cost?
He was about to be taken off today .....
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:32 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:How many points has FlipFlops stubbornness not to start Rose cost?

:roll:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Ben from Dover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:12 am

Been a different player last couple weeks.

Keep it up Danny.
Ben from Dover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:55 am

Insanley good today
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:42 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:How many points has FlipFlops stubbornness not to start Rose cost?

Who is this plonker? What tosh.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:36 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

he has a point, maybe could have worded it more diplomatically
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:36 am

Danny was fantastic against Northampton. An excellent display, full of commitment. The second goal was all of his own making.

However, apologies aside, his commitment to us isn't complete until the transfer request is withdrawn.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:53 am

His commitment should be judged by the effort he puts in on the pitch and the results / goals he gets.

He was right to apologise having done that on the back of a new deal months before and with how it all happened. But it seems he still wants a move. His best way to get one is to be as good for us as possible.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:34 am

We don’t fully know the reasons for Rose not starting, but maybe his head wasn’t in the right frame of mind. He himself basically said so in the interview. He looks like he’s loving football now and also looks like him and DF have a good relationship.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Answer me this. Why would we start a striker who, by all accounts, wanted a move away? Why would we give him match minutes and keeping him sharp if at any point we could have sold him and then left with strikers who are out of match practice?

He still played him from the bench. It was the correct decision. Once the transfer window closed, Rose started 3 of the next 4 games and the one he didn't start in Martin gave him man of the match (our loss to Exeter).

To say that our dropped points are because of Flitcroft refusing to play a want-away striker is just plain foolish.

No, our dropped points are from failing to put teams to bed. Through a mixture of poor finishing and good goalkeeper saves we have been kept at bay. Against us, many teams would take a point and at 1-0 down will go for it. They have nothing to lose.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It was a SIMPLE analysis and question, but NOT as simple as your reply

As the Sex Pistols sang, There's No point in askin you'll get no reply
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:46 pm

I think Flitcroft handled the Danny Rose situation perfectly.

Paul Anderson on the other hand is still up to debate, I noticed a tweet he put up regarding some words by Robbie Savage, probably not the best person to be linked to mind :D
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Stoney wrote:Not on Facebook anymore but just seen the video now. Nice of Danny to say that and I've no doubt he's fully committed, I still think it's his last season with us but let's get the most out of him.

What the dickens ?
How are you surviving without my jokes ?

:o
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Stoney wrote:Not on Facebook anymore but just seen the video now. Nice of Danny to say that and I've no doubt he's fully committed, I still think it's his last season with us but let's get the most out of him.

What the dickens ?
How are you surviving without my jokes ?

:o

I've recycled plenty of your jokes mate, one of the highlights on Facebook instead of the same rammel day in day out!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Listening to DR on the way back to the Village I got the impression that DR was being diplomatic and saying the right things.

Yes, he is enjoying his football, scoring goals to get the team the 3 points and appreciative of the fans reception back into the fold (paraphrasing) during a 'bad summer' with bad advice.

The question was asked to clarify his position over his transfer request.

Response was open ended and non committal as I interpreted it....which disappointed me tbh. Hey ho.

Think he will go but until then I will support him and hope he gets us goals in the interem
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:48 pm

We need Danny at the moment just wish he would come out boldly and withdraw the request
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:Listening to DR on the way back to the Village I got the impression that DR was being diplomatic and saying the right things.

Yes, he is enjoying his football, scoring goals to get the team the 3 points and appreciative of the fans reception back into the fold (paraphrasing) during a 'bad summer' with bad advice.

The question was asked to clarify his position over his transfer request.

Response was open ended and non committal as I interpreted it....which disappointed me tbh. Hey ho.

Think he will go but until then I will support him and hope he gets us goals in the interem

My thoughts were the same. He never actually said whether he would be withdrawing it. Infact he said he want to play week in week out and talk to DF about it.

If he carries on the way he played yesterday he will be off in January, not because of Evans but because he earned it. Let's not forget he's only 24 years old, he's not even into his prime yet!
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum