{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Grecians Scorefred sponsored by a Humdinger of a match

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Grecians Scorefred sponsored by a Humdinger of a mat

Postby Big yella » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:As i said at 14:00 o’clock Sat, why oh why we started with one striker up front at home was bonkers

DF clearly isn’t a fan of Rose or Rose can’t manage 90 mins as if Davies was fit we’d have been two up top.

Agreed, can’t be going 1 up top at home, especially against a side as good as Exeter

Why would any manager be a fan of a player who refuses to withdraw a transfer request?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:24 pm

because he was the best option available to play two strikers up front Saturday maybe?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Rose should be starting ahead of Butcher who is a no hoper unfortunately.

Unfortunately, Danny is out of form in front of goal. It's now 958 minutes since he scored a league goal. 10.64 games (full 90's). 39.92 days. 17th February 2018.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Conker wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A very disappointing result for the Stags. We need to start to put a run of wins together starting with Cambridge away next Saturday. The style of football is exciting to watch but we need to start turning possession into goals and wins. We had plenty of possession against Exeter but we only created two decent chances all game.

I was very surprised that DF decided to only play one striker up front. Danny Rose changed the game against West Brom, could have had a hat-trick against Carlisle and played well at Lincoln City. He should have started on Saturday.

Two wins from seven games (four from nineteen) is simply not good enough bearing in mind the backing that DF has been given by JR. The home league form under DF since he arrived is also poor - 2W 5D 3L. The one big positive from Saturday was having 4,000+ Stags's fans in the ground.

For the third time this season out of four I believe, but unless we start actually putting together a few wins that might be the last untill we play County/Lincoln etc.

I was hoping we would hit the 5000 mark v Northampton, I believe they will bring a 1000 + but Saturday v Cambridge needs to be a good result and performance to keep the floaters attending. Nothing a good result won't put right.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:11 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:
Conker wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A very disappointing result for the Stags. We need to start to put a run of wins together starting with Cambridge away next Saturday. The style of football is exciting to watch but we need to start turning possession into goals and wins. We had plenty of possession against Exeter but we only created two decent chances all game.

I was very surprised that DF decided to only play one striker up front. Danny Rose changed the game against West Brom, could have had a hat-trick against Carlisle and played well at Lincoln City. He should have started on Saturday.

Two wins from seven games (four from nineteen) is simply not good enough bearing in mind the backing that DF has been given by JR. The home league form under DF since he arrived is also poor - 2W 5D 3L. The one big positive from Saturday was having 4,000+ Stags's fans in the ground.

For the third time this season out of four I believe, but unless we start actually putting together a few wins that might be the last untill we play County/Lincoln etc.

I was hoping we would hit the 5000 mark v Northampton, I believe they will bring a 1000 + but Saturday v Cambridge needs to be a good result and performance to keep the floaters attending. Nothing a good result won't put right.

Northampton haven’t started too well so would bet my house on them Bringing 1000.

Hopefully 500-600 from them and maybe 4200-4500 from us.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum