{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Imps Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by Up To The Test

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Imps Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by Up To The Test

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:44 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

Cannot stand this man, he’s nearly as bad as SE with his moaning.

Yes we were physical in the 1st half, it's a contact sport and when we over-stepped players were cautioned, we most definitely did not have any players who should have been sent off, unlike them. The irony of Lincoln complaining about an overly physical approach is incredible, I wonder if the Cowleys can see it :lol:

As for the referee, he was inconsistent but I thought our yellow cards were pretty much spot on. I have no idea why Lincoln are complaining about him, most of the decisions went their way.

Of course you always get two polarised views of a game depending on which side you are, but we were without doubt the better team last night, played the better football and deserved the victory - makes it all the sweeter to read their whinges!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby philstag » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:49 am

So Danny Cowley thinks we were too physical!Never mind we'll take that on board and the next time we play them we'll cut out the tackles and physical challenges.Sorry about that Danny.
philstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:51 am

As DF said when you know Rheady is playing you know what sort of game it's going to be.

Well done to our lads for matching the physicality.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 am

spanishstag wrote:Look at the lincolnshire echo ,comments from cowley are diabolical ,they really dont like it up em :coys:

Just read that. Scared for the safety of Akinde and Frecklington

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

I really don’t like Cowley. Such a little runty weirdo.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 am

A really entertaining game for the B Team Trophy. Both teams were going for it and it had a bit of needle as well. It was a very fast open game. The game was played at a frantic pace with both sides looking to take free kicks and keep the play moving. The Stags were also flying into challenges and picking up yellow cards although there were no real bad tackles. The Stags team looked really fit with Calum Butcher looking as sharp as I've ever seen him. He was often pushing up to support Craig Davies with Danny Rose sometimes dropping a little deeper to do a bit of defending.I thought the Stags were the better side in the 1st half after although they made a shaky start. Mal Benning was beaten too easily by Harry Anderson as he crossed to Matt Rhead on the back post for an easy opening goal for Lincoln but Calum Butcher then pounced on a mistake by Alex Crookes to score an equalizer for the Stags. He then had a few more chances to put the Stags in the lead but Lincoln defended well.

The 2nd half continued to be played at a fast pace with Lewis Gibbens excellent in defence for the Stags. I was impressed with how he stayed calm on the ball even though he was being pressed quickly by Lincoln players. He was only beaten once when Kellan Gordon sent him the wrong way before crossing to the far post. He was also having to cover for Mal Benning who was bombing forward at every opportunity. The Stags started to play too many long balls in the 2nd half and did not look as dangerous but a brilliant substitution by David Flitcroft changed the game. He brought on Tyler Walker and CJ Hamilton up front for Craig Davies and Danny Rose and in the blink of an eye Calum Butcher played a great ball through for Tyler Walker to beat the Lincoln keeper with a quick shot from the edge of the area. CJ Hamilton also went close and the Stags nearly scored a breakaway goal but Hayden White over hit his pass to Tyler Walker and allowed Sam Slocombe in goal for Lincoln to come out and clear.

Lincoln pushed forward in search of an equalizer and had five or six set pieces to launch balls into Mansfield's box towards Matt Rhead and Jamie McCombe but the Stags defended well to win the game. Michael O'Connor was sent off for Lincoln for a bit of handbags towards the end. David Flitcroft and Nicky Cowley then started steaming into each other at the final whistle. Danny Cowley said in his post match interview that David and Nicky were just two committed professionals who wanted to get stuck in and do the best for their team.

My Man of the Match was Alex MacDonald who was absolutely everywhere and never stopped running all night. He did give the ball away in a silly position in the first half but I lost track of the number of tackles and interceptions he made. It was a real captain's performance. Calum Butcher was also a contender with his goal and assist and most lively performance in a Stags shirt. Lewis Gibbens also had an excellent game in defence. I also thought that Will Atkinson did well at right wing back particularly in the first half.

Another enjoyable night out at Sincil Bank.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:27 am

It seemed to me that the Lincoln players were looking for the fouls. When they pushed the ball past one of our players they then ran into the defender and threw themselves to the ground. In the second half the ref caught on and denied even more calls for yellow cards.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:30 am

Sitting here thinking Butcher must have a decent chance of starting the next league game. But with MacDonald playing so well that means Khan or Bishop misses out.

So much decreased chance, nicer problems to have though.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:50 am

Nice to see CJ tried in a central position.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:08 am

https://staceywest.net/2018/09/04/28-seconds-imps-1-2-mansfield/

You can just about read this through the bitterness. Worth it for a laugh. This blog was the same last year, really hate Mansfield.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Sitting here thinking Butcher must have a decent chance of starting the next league game. But with MacDonald playing so well that means Khan or Bishop misses out.

Butcher was excellent and MacDonald did play well but did give the ball away twice in very dangerous areas, very surprised some have said he was better than Butcher, who scored, set one up and was basically all over the pitch. Had Lincoln scored from either of the chances MacDonald gave them I suspect this discussion would be very different. Still, I suppose some have their favourites!

Be great to progress in this competition, brings in some extra cash but more importantly it gives the likes of Butcher and Gibbens the chance to shine, which they did.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:14 am

MTFCMusings wrote:https://staceywest.net/2018/09/04/28-seconds-imps-1-2-mansfield/

You can just about read this through the bitterness. Worth it for a laugh. This blog was the same last year, really hate Mansfield.

Wow, I thought Martin was one sided, this guy, so bitter! I can picture a spotty teenager sat in his room crying whilst typing it out - it is hilarious :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 am

Rob wrote:
kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Sitting here thinking Butcher must have a decent chance of starting the next league game. But with MacDonald playing so well that means Khan or Bishop misses out.

Butcher was excellent and MacDonald did play well but did give the ball away twice in very dangerous areas, very surprised some have said he was better than Butcher, who scored, set one up and was basically all over the pitch. Had Lincoln scored from either of the chances MacDonald gave them I suspect this discussion would be very different. Still, I suppose some have their favourites!

Be great to progress in this competition, brings in some extra cash but more importantly it gives the likes of Butcher and Gibbens the chance to shine, which they did.

Just the three times you have mentioned the two occasions he gave the ball away.

Obsessed?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:https://staceywest.net/2018/09/04/28-seconds-imps-1-2-mansfield/

Wow, I thought Martin was one sided, this guy, so bitter! I can picture a spotty teenager sat in his room crying whilst typing it out - it is hilarious :lol:

Very bitter indeed. In a nutshell did he not see their thug team at the Mill lat season? He is not bothered about the cup. maybe because they lost and he got chatted up by the bird who works in KFC :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:18 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

Just the three times you have mentioned the two occasions he gave the ball away.

Obsessed?

No, the first was my view of the match, the other two in response to posts which had him as MoM, if that's OK with you of course?

Maybe you should consider being a Moderator :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:13 am

What a corker of a blog, Lincoln fans really do not like us. They have always been a physical side and he has the audacity to call us ‘disgusting’ let us hope the Cowley bubble bursts very soon. Danny did not like being beaten by us one little bit, he is ungracious and a serial whiner! Roll on the league games.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:34 am

london amber stag wrote:What a corker of a blog, Lincoln fans really do not like us. They have always been a physical side and he has the audacity to call us ‘disgusting’ let us hope the Cowley bubble bursts very soon. Danny did not like being beaten by us one little bit, he is ungracious and a serial whiner! Roll on the league games.

They have to dislike someone, the 'rivalry' with Grimsby is pathetic. Lincoln really do have a hate for us, it's hilarious as we couldn't really give a toss about them.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:35 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
london amber stag wrote:What a corker of a blog, Lincoln fans really do not like us. They have always been a physical side and he has the audacity to call us ‘disgusting’ let us hope the Cowley bubble bursts very soon. Danny did not like being beaten by us one little bit, he is ungracious and a serial whiner! Roll on the league games.

They have to dislike someone, the 'rivalry' with Grimsby is pathetic. Lincoln really do have a hate for us, it's hilarious as we couldn't really give a toss about them.

I dislike them more than County, especially with The Cowley's in charge.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:51 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
James wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Yorkie's "saying nowt" about young Whack or Flip-flop. ;)

Course he isn’t. The troll only comes out when he’s got something negative to say.

zip it clown, if you bother to check before posting you will see it’s not the case

Clown ? Aren’t you the one so precious about ad hominem attacks ?

Bit of a hypocrite too.

Anyway. A great result and a good opportunity to blood the fringe players and let them know that they’ve got a chance if they shine.

Troll ha haa
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Oh dear. What's he going to say when we beat them in the league ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:55 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
James wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Yorkie's "saying nowt" about young Whack or Flip-flop. ;)

Course he isn’t. The troll only comes out when he’s got something negative to say.

zip it clown, if you bother to check before posting you will see it’s not the case

Clown ? Aren’t you the one so precious about ad hominem attacks ?

Bit of a hypocrite too.

Anyway. A great result and a good opportunity to blood the fringe players and let them know that they’ve got a chance if they shine.

Troll ha haa

More hypocrisy.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Did well to match Lincolns style... we all know what it is.

Some nice passing football on those highlights, lovely move and finish for walkers goal!

The cowleys really are a pair of dickheads, no different to Evans. Hope their bubble will burst and they'll come up short. It was great to see football beat anti-football when they were in the play offs and it hope it happens again.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:10 pm

You have to laugh at Lincoln fans and their media darling management. They talk like Billy big time connoisseurs through their trembly lips and moist 'we don't like it when we lose' eyes.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Me too
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Amberheart wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Me too

Thing with County I don’t really dislike them, it’s just that idiot Hardy makes them unbearable, bit like the Cowley brothers.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum