{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans' affection could keep Rose at Mansfield Town

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Fans' affection could keep Rose at Mansfield Town

Postby Chadman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Fingers crossed we get past 5pm and Rose is still here. But fans have done their best to show him he is still wanted and the manager can't thank them enough as he wants Rose to stay too

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9326881
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Fans' affection could keep Rose at Mansfield Town

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:06 pm

That reads lime an open love letter to danny. I sure hope he stays. Think he's going to be our no.1 striker again this season.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:08 pm

I really like Flitcroft, I think his management of this whole situation has been fantastic.

Danny was led down the garden path and if it wasn't for Flitcroft and the Radfords management of the situation I feel that fans could've possibly pushed him out a little more (as Posh wanted).

Great work all round.

As for Danny; he's a fantastic player and I hope he stays. He's shown he's commited to play for the badge (whether thats because he wants a move or not). He's been professional too.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:10 pm

Chadman wrote:Fingers crossed we get past 5pm and Rose is still here. But fans have done their best to show him he is still wanted and the manager can't thank them enough as he wants Rose to stay too

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9326881

Then Flitcroft should start him on Saturday if he is a Mansfield Town player. He has shown so much more in 30 mins than Walker who spends the whole time on the wing or half way line. He is not going to score from there is he?
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby victor A block » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Why start a player that doesn't want to be here? The ball is 100% in Rose's court. The club and fans have made their feelings clear , yet he stays on the list which means HE wants to leave. Select players that want to be here.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:I really like Flitcroft, I think his management of this whole situation has been fantastic.

Danny was led down the garden path and if it wasn't for Flitcroft and the Radfords management of the situation I feel that fans could've possibly pushed him out a little more (as Posh wanted).

Great work all round.

As for Danny; he's a fantastic player and I hope he stays. He's shown he's commited to play for the badge (whether thats because he wants a move or not). He's been professional too.

Spot on.

DF has been brilliant, he's kept calm and backed his player 100% right until the end. Rose's contribution since coming back into the squad has certainly helped, you can see his hunger to score goals and succeed. Whether he still wants to go or not it's great to see his attitude is positive and doesn't shirk at putting the Mansfield shirt on. These PL players trying and failing to force moves then acting injured to avoid playing could learn a lot from Rose.

I think the club has been excellent as well, we've stuck to our guns and made it quite clear to PUFC and Rose. Nice to see us not bullied around
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jeff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Reads to me like Flitcroft has realised he's just about to lose the best striker at the club.
jeff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 pm

victor A block wrote:Why start a player that doesn't want to be here? The ball is 100% in Rose's court. The club and fans have made their feelings clear , yet he stays on the list which means HE wants to leave. Select players that want to be here.

If Rose 100% didn't want to be here i'm sure he'd be 'injured' or go AWOL like a lot of the PL superstars do when trying to force moves. I was annoyed as anybody when Rose put his transfer request in and i'm of the opinion that nobody is bigger than this club, if they do not want to play then get rid or stick them in the reserves.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:20 pm

victor A block wrote:Why start a player that doesn't want to be here? The ball is 100% in Rose's court. The club and fans have made their feelings clear , yet he stays on the list which means HE wants to leave. Select players that want to be here.

IF DR is still here on Friday night he should start Saturday because that shows he is amansfield player until January at least. He should then play because he is a proper striker who score goals. Guess you want a fifth draw or loss on Saturday then? I dont I want to a striker hitting the target not Blasting it wide from six yards like WBA.
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:38 pm

I don't blame Rose one iota . Every player wants to play at a higher level . He would also be earning more . His head had been turned , his agent was probably thinking of himself and not Danny . .I'm proud of how Flitcroft , tge Radfords and Rose have dealt with it .
Either party could of got the mardies on . Rose could of refused to play for us Flitcroft could of banished him all together. All parties have been professional . .
I'm proud how our fans have reacted .
I really hope he stays . It would be a huge loss . Rose could be the difference between promotion or not .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Spot on.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:50 pm

Been a tough one.
Think if Rose wanted to be here now he should come out say he made an error and clearly state up front he wants to stay but until then not sure of his total commitment and we need committed players this time around and no Zander's with big pay cheques living on League 1 memories of old.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Not tough for me.

Rose has had Evans in his ear since March, yet chose to wait until three days before the season kicked off to tell us he doesn't want to be here. That showed no respect for us, so he gets none for me. Oh but he tries hard when he comes on, you mean he still does his job wow how wonderful. Don't we all do that when we hand our notice in?

The quicker his diving backside is gone the better.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm

I don’t see a transfer request as anything personal, it’s just part of a unofficial process where a player in contract moves a situation on – it happens all the time in football and he’d have been advised to do it. I’d also imagine that it means the player waives a right to a pay off that he might have got if they club just sold him. Without a transfer request a club don’t have to sell a player in contract that they would otherwise want to keep, and they can just back up any refusal of an offer by saying the player doesn’t want to leave – with a transfer request it changes the game. Just because there’s no transfer request it doesn’t mean that he wants to move less than if there was one in. And don’t mistake clapping fans as a love for the club, it’s a job to players – and an ambitious player would always want to earn more money and play in a higher league. If we didn't play every player that wanted to leave for a club in a higher division then we'd have no team - every player wants to leave for a higher club.
Last edited by Marky Mark on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Big yella wrote:Not tough for me.

Rose has had Evans in his ear since March, yet chose to wait until three days before the season kicked off to tell us he doesn't want to be here. That showed no respect for us, so he gets none for me. Oh but he tries hard when he comes on, you mean he still does his job wow how wonderful. Don't we all do that when we hand our notice in?

It depends if we have a replacement coming in . It would be suicidal to let him go and not have someone come in .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:58 pm

Agree. One shot that hit the post and suddenly his actions are forgiven.

Not here.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Not here.

There’s nothing to forgive. Never was.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:18 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I don’t see a transfer request as anything personal, it’s just part of a unofficial process where a player in contract moves a situation on – it happens all the time in football and he’d have been advised to do it. I’d also imagine that it means the player waives a right to a pay off that he might have got if they club just sold him. Without a transfer request a club don’t have to sell a player in contract that they would otherwise want to keep, and they can just back up any refusal of an offer by saying the player doesn’t want to leave – with a transfer request it changes the game. Just because there’s no transfer request it doesn’t mean that he wants to move less than if there was one in. And don’t mistake clapping fans as a love for the club, it’s a job to players – and an ambitious player would always want to earn more money and play in a higher league. If we didn't play every player that wanted to leave for a club in a higher division then we'd have no team - every player wants to leave for a higher club.

Spot on - I never understand why so many do see it personal, it's a weird mentality a lot of football fans have unfortunately.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:31 pm

It is pleasing to see that the club,DR and the fans have acted professionally. The situation could have got nasty.

Even if DR is being influenced by others, at the end of the day he put the transfer request in. By not withdrawing it, it seems he sees his career elsewhere. He's lucky that the club and fans want him to stay, although his ability does have a bearing on that.

If he does go, I'm sure DF will have a replacement lined up.

If he stays, I hope he withdraws his transfer request. I wouldn't want this dragging on until January.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Conker wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I don’t see a transfer request as anything personal, it’s just part of a unofficial process where a player in contract moves a situation on – it happens all the time in football and he’d have been advised to do it. I’d also imagine that it means the player waives a right to a pay off that he might have got if they club just sold him. Without a transfer request a club don’t have to sell a player in contract that they would otherwise want to keep, and they can just back up any refusal of an offer by saying the player doesn’t want to leave – with a transfer request it changes the game. Just because there’s no transfer request it doesn’t mean that he wants to move less than if there was one in. And don’t mistake clapping fans as a love for the club, it’s a job to players – and an ambitious player would always want to earn more money and play in a higher league. If we didn't play every player that wanted to leave for a club in a higher division then we'd have no team - every player wants to leave for a higher club.

Spot on - I never understand why so many do see it personal, it's a weird mentality a lot of football fans have unfortunately.

I think what was upsetting was he had recently signed a long lucrative contract. Then suddenly it wasn't good enough because he saw his future elsewhere.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:38 pm

It's a pointless exercise though, withdrawing a transfer request doesn't mean that he doesn't want to be transferred, it just means that there's no piece of paper that says it. It's as meaningful as kissing the badge, its symbolic.
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:40 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Not here.

There’s nothing to forgive. Never was.

So knowing he wanted to leave for months, letting a manager build a squad with him as a vital part of it, letting that manager get up at 7am to do special fitness training with him, time he could have spent with someone who does want to be here and saying nothing until 3 days before our first game is fine by you?

Leaving it until it was impossible for us to get an equivalent replacement in time, because it helped another club build their squad is fine by you?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Marky Mark wrote:It's a pointless exercise though, withdrawing a transfer request doesn't mean that he doesn't want to be transferred, it just means that there's no piece of paper that says it. It's as meaningful as kissing the badge, its symbolic.

I think you have a point.

But if the request is withdrawn it will put the issue on the back burner.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:It's a pointless exercise though, withdrawing a transfer request doesn't mean that he doesn't want to be transferred, it just means that there's no piece of paper that says it. It's as meaningful as kissing the badge, its symbolic.

I think you have a point.

But if the request is withdrawn it will put the issue on the back burner.

If Rose withdraws his transfer request now and Peterborough meet JR's valuation of him at 4.59 tomorrow then Rose is off, transfer request in or out. Every player is on the 'transfer list' in their heads, because if an offer from a higher club came in then they'd want to go. Contracts are only worth the paper they're written on for players that no-one else wants.
Last edited by Marky Mark on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:57 pm

It's as simple as this.......he wanted to leave to play in a higher division and get paid more money, I hold no grudge for that, maybe he didn't handle it very well but he's a young lad.

I said the same when Mr Evans left, people need to step of this fantasy world that loyalty should be a factor, it isn't. Players are employed and paid money like most of us and like most of us, would leave to work elsewhere if more money was offered for the doing the same job.

If he stays, I will cheer him on as always have, if he goes then will wish him good luck.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum