{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians Scorefred sponsored by Do A 3 Point Turn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cumbrians Scorefred sponsored by Do A 3 Point Turni

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:48 pm

die hirsche wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:would love to know if there is anything in the loan agreement from Florest that Walker has to play every game?

God you're a gimp.

He's the best striker at the club. He's still finding his feet here and needs persevering with. He also needs to be playing regularly with the other best striker at the club that flipflop put on the bench today because rose had a decent 20 minutes at west brom. shocking management.

i asked the question , don’t call people names it’s against board rules & calling our manager ‘flip flop’ tut tut
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Cumbrians Scorefred sponsored by Do A 3 Point Turn

Postby Stag95 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:31 am

Sneag wrote:That seemed a very very soft penalty. No more than we deserved though.

Wasn't a penalty imo. However when Davies was clattered into by 2 defenders in the air that was a stonewall penalty, so swings and roundabouts.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:27 am

Stag95 wrote:
Sneag wrote:That seemed a very very soft penalty. No more than we deserved though.

Wasn't a penalty imo. However when Davies was clattered into by 2 defenders in the air that was a stonewall penalty, so swings and roundabouts.

Both penalties from QLE.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Both penalties from QLE.

I thought so too.

At the time, I thought the foul on DR looked to be in the penalty area.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:19 am

Stag95 wrote:

Agreed. I could believe he didn't give a pen for the foul on Davies, but it was Darren 'everyone look at me' Drysdale.

CJ didn't appeal for a pen, which I think is a good indicator of a foul. But given the chances we created and our overall domination of the game it would have been daylight robbery had they got a point.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:22 am

Sneag wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Agreed. I could believe he didn't give a pen for the foul on Davies, but it was Darren 'everyone look at me' Drysdale.

CJ didn't appeal for a pen, which I think is a good indicator of a foul. But given the chances we created and our overall domination of the game it would have been daylight robbery had they got a point.

It was a definite penalty on CJ, albeit soft. He was tripped. You will see on the video at midday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:29 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

It was a definite penalty on CJ, albeit soft. He was tripped. You will see on the video at midday.

It was a penalty we won 1-0 ;)

Just going on my view in IGU level with the 18yard line. TV last night the point of impact was obscured by DD. Had it been given against us we'd have been fuming.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 am

I agree Sneagers, it looked incredibly soft and my initial reaction was that we got away with one there. Likewise, after the game I thought that Drysdale had got our strikers out of jail with the penalty, so I'd like to see it again.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Jay » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:37 am

I was directly in line with the Craig Davies one and it was an absolute blatant penalty. Therefore, whether CJ’s was or wasn’t is largely irrelevant.
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:46 am

you will see both penalty claims (CJ and Davies) at midday from both camera angles. From our pitchside camera, as I already said, the trip on CJ is very clear.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 am

By the way, you'll need to set aside quite a bit of time for the missed chances video
(and there's a whole load more missed chances that I additionally included in the club highlights for iFollow subscribers).
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:21 am

Drysdale. Crab Fat

PS. That was a weak pen from Walker. Lucky.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:16 am

Drysdale is annoying but wasn't all that bad yesterday. Certainly didn't heavily lean one way or the other or really effect the outcome.

CJ looked to be fouled but it was a bit soft. I was shocked he gave it. The peno did seem a bit weak and lucky. Unless he waited for the keeper to move and slotted it home. If so then surely it was a good one?

Edit. Just seen it again. The peno was pretty weak. Probably the first and last time I'll agree with bully boy.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:23 am

Martin Shaw wrote:By the way, you'll need to set aside quite a bit of time for the missed chances video
(and there's a whole load more missed chances that I additionally included in the club highlights for iFollow subscribers).

That’s what worries me at the moment, not clinical enough. At 1 nil it leaves the door open for the opposition and those frustrating draws. That said it’s a better worry to have.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 am

Referee literally let the Carlisle players dictate the play when they had a free-kick and the other had his boot off.

He was poor for both sides.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:36 am

Jimstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:By the way, you'll need to set aside quite a bit of time for the missed chances video

That’s what worries me at the moment, not clinical enough. At 1 nil it leaves the door open for the opposition and those frustrating draws. That said it’s a better worry to have.

Me too, but at least we are making chances.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 am

Great win!!! Hanging on like that to defend the 1-0 at the end will do wonders for the teams mentality.

Nice to see we played it on the floor at times and created lots of chances, if we start finishing we'll be deadly!

Bishop and Khan our best players.... some on here saying Khan was crap, proves you don't have a clue. He made lots of runs into space and was always looking for the ball, would of had a few assists and a goal if it weren't for bad luck!

Also thought bobby looked solid in the net... that header at the back post in the final minutes I felt confident he'd get to it like he did because his positioning and awareness seemed good. Liked that he came off his line a few time to punch clear. Pleased for him.

Only thing Im not totally sold on is the formation.. White and CJ aren't good enough to play the wingback role effectively YET. So so so many times we won the ball in the middle and looked for the pass down the channel where you'd expect a winger to be and either of them were too deep and the build up to attack down the sides was too slow and allowed them to get men back. The formation only works if those two know when to be part of a 5 man midfield and when to be part of a 5 man defence... It also relies on your two wide centre backs knowing when to shift across to cover etc and the movement from us just wasn't there. It also worked against us in the reverse of that, big space was left when they had actually gotten forward and they started to target CJ eventually, a better team will suss that out quicker and create chances. Thankfully its league two and not being great at playing 352 means teams are equally bad playing against it... But saying all that, If DF believes they can do it, then they just need to stick with it and keep trying their best to perfect it and if they do get it right they'll murder the not so good sides in this league.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/video/c ... oplay=true Think this explains it perfectly.

And if they stick with it and keep winning stuff my opinion on it! Just want DF to succeed.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Great win!!! Hanging on like that to defend the 1-0 at the end will do wonders for the teams mentality.

Nice to see we played it on the floor at times and created lots of chances, if we start finishing we'll be deadly!

Bishop and Khan our best players.... some on here saying Khan was crap, proves you don't have a clue. He made lots of runs into space and was always looking for the ball, would of had a few assists and a goal if it weren't for bad luck!

Also thought bobby looked solid in the net... that header at the back post in the final minutes I felt confident he'd get to it like he did because his positioning and awareness seemed good. Liked that he came off his line a few time to punch clear. Pleased for him.

Only thing Im not totally sold on is the formation.. White and CJ aren't good enough to play the wingback role effectively YET. So so so many times we won the ball in the middle and looked for the pass down the channel where you'd expect a winger to be and either of them were too deep and the build up to attack down the sides was too slow and allowed them to get men back. The formation only works if those two know when to be part of a 5 man midfield and when to be part of a 5 man defence... It also relies on your two wide centre backs knowing when to shift across to cover etc and the movement from us just wasn't there. It also worked against us in the reverse of that, big space was left when they had actually gotten forward and they started to target CJ eventually, a better team will suss that out quicker and create chances. Thankfully its league two and not being great at playing 352 means teams are equally bad playing against it... But saying all that, If DF believes they can do it, then they just need to stick with it and keep trying their best to perfect it and if they do get it right they'll murder the not so good sides in this league.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/video/c ... oplay=true Think this explains it perfectly.

And if they stick with it and keep winning stuff my opinion on it! Just want DF to succeed.

You might of read the books and watched the videos but it's you that's clueless sunshine.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:23 pm

abc wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Great win!!! Hanging on like that to defend the 1-0 at the end will do wonders for the teams mentality.

You might of read the books and watched the videos but it's you that's clueless sunshine.

Oh, abc. You don’t half let yourself down!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:08 am

bellwhiff wrote:Drysdale. Crab Fat

PS. That was a weak pen from Walker. Lucky.

How was it a weak penalty? If you watch the footage you’ll see he waits for the keeper to move and strokes it down the middle?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:14 am

Yeah, alright.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:20 am

bellwhiff wrote:Yeah, alright.

It was a clear penalty, don't let your jealousy of not working hard enough at school so you could join the RAF instead of the Army impair your judgement ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:33 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Yeah, alright.

It was a clear penalty, don't let your jealousy of not working hard enough at school so you could join the RAF instead of the Army impair your judgement ;)

Worked even harder he could have gone in the Navy ( Nice Boy ) :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVYxekAaFRU :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:36 am

Oh dear Rob, what's all that about?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:54 am

oldweststander wrote:Oh dear Rob, what's all that about?

I guess you just don't get it, it is well trodden banter between the Services, they dig in, we check in etc, etc. You can of course insist on being offended, which is mildly hilarious!
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum