{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Booing ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Booing ?

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:45 am

I’m reading on Facebook that the team were booed off the pitch by some fans yesterday ?
Is that accurate and if so, tears unreal. A point is a point and we have entitled fans who boo a draw ?

Some people need to look up the definition of the word supporter.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Re: Booing ?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:46 am

bellwhiff wrote:I’m reading on Facebook that the team were booed off the pitch by some fans yesterday ?
Is that accurate and if so, tears unreal. A point is a point and we have entitled fans who boo a draw ?

Some people need to look up the definition of the word supporter.

Agreed
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:56 am

Spot on Belly. It was a really really disappointing second half performance against a team that'll be my bet to finish bottom 4. However, the support yesterday was dire - I'm certain that I heard a pin drop. Over 1000 away supporters and the loudest we managed was a pitiful boo at the end and regular chants for the only player who doesn't actually want to play for Mansfield Town (is it cos it's a nice simple three syllable rhyme?)

The team underperformed, but outperformed our hopeless support.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:01 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Spot on Belly. It was a really really disappointing second half performance against a team that'll be my bet to finish bottom 4. However, the support yesterday was dire - I'm certain that I heard a pin drop. Over 1000 away supporters and the loudest we managed was a pitiful boo at the end and regular chants for the only player who doesn't actually want to play for Mansfield Town (is it cos it's a nice simple three syllable rhyme?)

The team underperformed, but outperformed our hopeless support.

Disappointing. I was impressed by the Tranmere fans who made a load of noise at home. It’s been years since we make that racket. Away from home, the fans should be loud. Criticising a draw. Shameful.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:34 am

No room for booing.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:38 am

It's always been the Stags fans way. A poor performance has always had a few boos at the end followed by applause for the team. It's not just us, all fans seem to react this way after a poor result.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:49 am

Exactly, it's not just us, it's all clubs that have this now. Its already water of a ducks back to players and management, or should be...

Pinning it on our fans who travelled in good numbers is just what you'd expect from the OP.

"Years since we made a racket"... utter pap. I don't go to many away games but listen to them all. Usually you can hear the great support our travelling fans give the team loud and clear.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:56 am

Clownty & Cheaterfield last season fantastic support
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:00 am

Jamie wrote:Exactly, it's not just us, it's all clubs that have this now. Its already water of a ducks back to players and management, or should be...

Pinning it on our fans who travelled in good numbers is just what you'd expect from the OP.

"Years since we made a racket"... utter pap. I don't go to many away games but listen to them all. Usually you can hear the great support our travelling fans give the team loud and clear.

Haha. Never miss an opportunity for a pop, and you accuse me. Cretinous belter.

I AM pining it on some of our supporters you clown. They were the ones that were booing. Are you that dumb?

Hang on, don’t bother answering that.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:08 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Clownty & Cheaterfield last season fantastic support

Add to that Lincoln away, seem to remember Cardiff away was good, so was Luton away.

Don't get me wrong there are games when we don't make a peep.

Crawley, Colchester and forest green was tame.

But it's down to who, how many attend the games and whats being served up on the pitch.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:19 am

The performances at Colchester and FGR were that bad they were lucky to get off the pitch without being stoned/bricked
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:25 am

Don’t forget Coventry away.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:27 am

stagone1959 wrote:The performances at Colchester and FGR were that bad they were lucky to get off the pitch without being stoned/bricked

I did say it depends whats being served up on the pitch :lol:

And yes I agree with you about both games.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:33 am

Jamie wrote:Exactly, it's not just us, it's all clubs that have this now. Its already water of a ducks back to players and management, or should be...

Doesn't make it right Jamie, if all clubs do it.

And why should it be "water off a ducks back ". Don't you think these guys want to please ?

Most off us want to please in our jobs. Footballer's are no different.

Booing your team doesn't help. I've walked away several times without applauding, but booing is not on. In fact after a poor performance, if fans don't applaud the message probably hits home more to the players.

All this is down to the same thing, too much expectation.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:38 am

I thought we were very quiet yesterday too, although an open terrace doesn't help with the noise going off into the sky. I did hear some boos at the end, and whilst I don't agree with them, I didn't really think there were that many or they were that loud, certainly not enough for it to be a big point - I heard lots of muttering and grumbling as I was making my way back though.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:40 am

Anyone booing after 5 games in which we’ve not lost any should raspberry off to Man City. There’s plenty of empty seats for you
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:05 am

Booing is a momentary reaction, a means of showing what you think to what you have just witnessed, arguably better than happy clapping the players for a lackluster performance - make no mistakes if it wasn't for Macclesfield's woeful finishing we would have lost yesterday by a country mile, they changed it at half time and absolutely outplayed us in the second half.

I booed at full time because of what I had just witnessed, a complete and utter capitulation, they totally deserved that reaction, what other means do you express your annoyance when other folk stand there applauding as if we'd just won the Premier League.

Just this week; 250 miles or so traveled, 14 hours of my time given up, picked up stranded supporters on the way to Macc just to be completely let down, if I choose to show my frustration then I will.

What's happened to the energetic, pressing football we've seen in pre-season, against Newport & Accy - it's non existent, looks like others have rumbled us and can see we are completely vulnerable down the flanks particularly our left.

and to finish my rant, what is this obsession of taking Davies and Khan off whilst leaving Walker on regardless.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:14 am

Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:18 am

Boos are just a manifestation of disappointment. Nothing more at this stage, away at Macc
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:19 am

pemill wrote:Booing is a momentary reaction, a means of showing what you think to what you have just witnessed, arguably better than happy clapping the players for a lackluster performance - make no mistakes if it wasn't for Macclesfield's woeful finishing we would have lost yesterday by a country mile, they changed it at half time and absolutely outplayed us in the second half.

I booed at full time because of what I had just witnessed, a complete and utter capitulation, they totally deserved that reaction, what other means do you express your annoyance when other folk stand there applauding as if we'd just won the Premier League.

Just this week; 250 miles or so traveled, 14 hours of my time given up, picked up stranded supporters on the way to Macc just to be completely let down, if I choose to show my frustration then I will.

What's happened to the energetic, pressing football we've seen in pre-season, against Newport & Accy - it's non existent, looks like others have rumbled us and can see we are completely vulnerable down the flanks particularly our left.

and to finish my rant, what is this obsession of taking Davies and Khan off whilst leaving Walker on regardless.

spot on youth

but hey here come the lemmings ......
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:34 am

I’m not a fan of the booing unless there’s a real reason but it seems to be the fans’ default to I’m not seeing what I want and that’s not just Stags.
Yesterday I said it’s not booing level but I’m not going to clap either.

I agree with pemill in that where’s the pressing and higher tempo passing gone? It’s a lot of hard work and effort to keep it up so are the players already too fatigued to play that way or is the away pitch quality too poor? If either are true we need a better plan b quickly.

I also thought we were too reluctant to shoot, I don’t know what the stats were but Benning goal felt like one of the first on target.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:35 am

pemill wrote:Booing is a momentary reaction, a means of showing what you think to what you have just witnessed, arguably better than happy clapping the players for a lackluster performance - make no mistakes if it wasn't for Macclesfield's woeful finishing we would have lost yesterday by a country mile, they changed it at half time and absolutely outplayed us in the second half.

I wasn't there, I respect you for your commitment.

Could you please expand on a "complete and utter capitulation".

Are you saying they gave up the ghost and didn't even try, second half.

I'm not being argumentative, I genuinely want to understand fully the reason for your reaction.

If they did just give up, that's clearly not acceptable and slightly worrying.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:48 am

Capitulation

Bwahahaha

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum