{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bang average

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bang average

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:30 am

You lot expect too much

Not lost in 9 NINE league games

Why would any one want to play fo stags when our fans boo a draw
Absolutely disgusting

Want to romp the league?? Start backing
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:56 am

Chander Lear wrote:You lot expect too much

Absolutely disgusting

We were terrible today, maybe if you went to a game you’d actually realise!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:

Absolutely disgusting

He's obviously happy with Flopflops wonderful record of 3 wins in SEVENTEEN league games.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:25 am

On reflection after a good nights sleep, I still say we weren't very good yesterday, certainly not good enough for automatic, I think we can make the playoffs if we add to the squad this week or in January
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Wil0211 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:31 am

The worry for me is that we are off the pace (unbeaten or not) and we have not played any of the better teams that will be competing at the top of the table.
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:53 am

wardy12345 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
wardy12345 wrote:After today’s performance bang average is a compliment.

Substitutions were woeful and back fired making a poor side look worse.

Many of the players didn’t look interested. Walker didn’t really do anything.

Looks like a relegation battle if flop stays

Shut up you buffoon

I bet you wouldn’t say that to my face. You are very brave hideing behind your key board being the big brave troll

Juvenile response
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:13 am

wardy12345 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
wardy12345 wrote:After today’s performance bang average is a compliment.

Substitutions were woeful and back fired making a poor side look worse.

Many of the players didn’t look interested. Walker didn’t really do anything.

Looks like a relegation battle if flop stays

Shut up you buffoon

I bet you wouldn’t say that to my face. You are very brave hideing behind your key board being the big brave troll

Bwahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:19 am

nharrison1010 wrote:...... and Stagnet reverts to its good old ways. Gets really annoying all the playground antics. Please, let’s just have a discussion rather than the boring ‘my dads bigger than your dad’ and ‘my keyboard is mightier than yours’ etc etc. This is league 2. Things are going to go wrong. Yes, we will be bang average a lot of the time, it’s the nature of this level of football. A couple of years ago lots of us would have been embarrassed to describe what we were playing as ‘football’. We are trying to play modern football, and in time I really think that it will click. Even Pep with the millions of £s at his disposal didn’t get it flowing straight away (not that I’m thinking we we will start playing the game as beautifully as Man Ciry do)

Spot on, the football we played for years under Cox, Murray and Evans was mostly raspberry. Murray was probably the worst with his team setting up defensively at home constantly, DF has got us playing well but we've just gotta kill teams off when we're 1-0 up. I am sure we'll get better
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:30 am

abc wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

Absolutely disgusting

He's obviously happy with Flopflops wonderful record of 3 wins in SEVENTEEN league games.
Forget last season, it's gone. Judge on results this season.

We are unbeaten. It's early days. Keep faith in DF. Rocking the boat so early is not helping.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:36 am

wow 3 wins in 17 didn’t know that!

time to kick on
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:44 am

I said pre season that 10 games and 18 points was my target. You need 1.8 points per game average to nail a play off. So i feel the target is fair and the odd point below at this stage wouldn't be a catastrophe. So we're really needing at least 3 wins from the next 5 to be anything like on track.

If we're much short of say 16 points after 10 games it's a long old struggle after that with other teams having momentum and us foundering outside the top 7.

If he can't get that kind of return, on the back of what is a 2nd chance in many fans eyes after last season's debarcle, then he'll be under serious pressure from the fans, and rightly so.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:52 am

Somebody mentioned we are about the same points wise as '2 transfer windows' Evans was last season.

Difference is fans had faith then so prepared to wait, whereas several on here have no faith /actively dislike DF, so won't wait.

Put your bias to 1 side guys, and maybe quantify why SE got our backing, whereas DF doesn't deserve it....?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Keep the faith!!!
We are one goalkeeping mistake off where we should have been. We will come good. Remember the days of Cox (second season in lge 2) and Murray, never again, the football now is on another level and will get better.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:02 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Somebody mentioned we are about the same points wise as '2 transfer windows' Evans was last season.

Difference is fans had faith then so prepared to wait, whereas several on here have no faith /actively dislike DF, so won't wait.

Put your bias to 1 side guys, and maybe quantify why SE got our backing, whereas DF doesn't deserve it....?

I'm not bias MOTC I just don't think he is either a good manager or that things will improve under his guidance.
At the Mill he has only a 22% win rate which includes last seasons debacle. SE the man everyone loves to hate had rate of 46%.
But hey, we're all fans and all have our own opinion, that's what makes a forum is it not?
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:24 pm

scotsstag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Somebody mentioned we are about the same points wise as '2 transfer windows' Evans was last season.

I'm not bias MOTC I just don't think he is either a good manager or that things will improve under his guidance.
At the Mill he has only a 22% win rate which includes last seasons debacle. SE the man everyone loves to hate had rate of 46%.
But hey, we're all fans and all have our own opinion, that's what makes a forum is it not?

Biased
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:14 am

scotsstag wrote:

Totally agree dude, and because its a forum we can discuss the areas where you're wrong :P

Those stats tell half the story bud - they don't show Evans had a similar record around the same period as DF's tenure. Nor do they show how for 40+ games we were just as clueless, no plan B, conceded daft goals, hopelessly unfit after 70 mins, played worse uncohesive stuff, bought some massively overpaid players (who were stuck with) that failed to show their worth. Stats ignore that DF's signings have been largely better IMO, we seem fitter, play better stuff, create more chances per game.

We gave Evans every chance and he EVENTUALLY showed his worth, but we won't give similar because DF isn't worth it apparently. And the reason for that it is bias my friend
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote: hopelessly unfit after 70 mins,

I'm not trying to defend Evans' fitness regime, which by all accounts was pretty casual compared to Flicroft's. However, I'm puzzled as to why the facts don't seem to fit the claims about the team being unfit.
People often quote how Evans left the team unfit, and struggling to play for 90 minutes. Flitcroft is quoted as being horrified at the lack of fitness, and one of his immediate changes last season was to get them working a lot harder in training.

But reports from the Evans period show us having a reputation for playing until the final whistle, and often scoring in added minutes. Such as Cheltenham (20 minutes of stoppage time, scored on 90 + 4 despite only having 10 men on the pitch)

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=908

...and Morecambe (90 + 4)

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=909

...and Exeter (didn't score in the second half but were fit enough to see the game out, away against a good side)

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=913

So who's right about fitness? Did Flitcroft's new fitness regime see us suddenly look a lot stronger in the back end of games? Is the team looking more lively than in January?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:57 am

We were very fit under Evans and everybody on here alluded to it. The above post is evidence.

I don’t think we are unfit now.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:01 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

Totally agree dude, and because its a forum we can discuss the areas where you're wrong :P

Those stats tell half the story bud - they don't show Evans had a similar record around the same period as DF's tenure. Nor do they show how for 40+ games we were just as clueless, no plan B, conceded daft goals, hopelessly unfit after 70 mins, played worse uncohesive stuff, bought some massively overpaid players (who were stuck with) that failed to show their worth. Stats ignore that DF's signings have been largely better IMO, we seem fitter, play better stuff, create more chances per game.

We gave Evans every chance and he EVENTUALLY showed his worth, but we won't give similar because DF isn't worth it apparently. And the reason for that it is bias my friend

Which makes it all the more galling that the dishonest , shallow, cunning individual that is the Scotsman has his team of swiftly assembled players top of the league.
People aren't biased generally against DF for me, just frustrated that after an indifferent, nay poor start to his tenure last season, changing things at a crucial time, and eventually falling away; we are doing the same this season.
Some are talking about gelling in Jan , Feb, we say this every year.
If someone does raise a 'negative' view on here, all too often they are shouted down by the same posters.

I hope he is successful here, he talked the talk on his arrival, but we have seen one performance in all this time that has actually had people thinking 'Hey, we're onto something here' , against a massively changed Accrington .
Pointless getting rid now, he still has some time, but it can't last forever of that I'm sure.
Come on Dave, be courageous, have a go, not pull the wagons in a circle if we go one up, the fans will back you.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:01 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

You conveniently forgot the main points, 4th in the table and top of the form table.
Don't let your bias against Evans get in the way of facts.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

You conveniently forgot the main points, 4th in the table and top of the form table.

The main point for me was, getting us promoted was secondary to him moving on to his "dream job" and more importantly the way he went about it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

I openly dislike Evans WC and make no secret of it, but supported him totally while he was here. If you want facts, perhaps look over the same 17 games between SE and DF - 51 points on offer, SE got us 21 whereas DF attained 19. Hardly a gulf in points returns, despite the fact Evans had twice as many games by then and 2 transfer windows.

Difference is, we gave Evans our full backing (and SE had greater financial freedom) because we believed he'd do the job. Because of this trust we were patient and gave him ample grace, but some don't think DF was/is up to the job we started calling for his head after 6(ish) games? Evans got us 4th / top form at the end of his tenure, much of it before was littered with draws & average performances.

I don't pretend DF is our saviour and will want him gone if he hasn't proved his worth after a fair time, but i'll give him a chance to first demonstrate this either way. Completely understand the frustration aspect though, just seems as though patience has taken leave of us and gone on R&R ;)

Please point out the bias in my opinion if you think i'm unjust or unfair dude......
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:34 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

The promotion chasing team Evans had winning on a regular basis EVENTUALLY at the end of his tenure was the same one that DF inherited and instantly turned into a relegation form team mate.
That my friend is why my opinion is not biased.. :D :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 am

Couple of days to go on loan market. Woudn't want to be losing Rose and having OSJ and Graham as the back up, without a replacement.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:05 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
scotsstag wrote:

I openly dislike Evans WC and make no secret of it, but supported him totally while he was here. If you want facts, perhaps look over the same 17 games between SE and DF - 51 points on offer, SE got us 21 whereas DF attained 19. Hardly a gulf in points returns, despite the fact Evans had twice as many games by then and 2 transfer windows.

Difference is, we gave Evans our full backing (and SE had greater financial freedom) because we believed he'd do the job. Because of this trust we were patient and gave him ample grace, but some don't think DF was/is up to the job we started calling for his head after 6(ish) games? Evans got us 4th / top form at the end of his tenure, much of it before was littered with draws & average performances.

I don't pretend DF is our saviour and will want him gone if he hasn't proved his worth after a fair time, but i'll give him a chance to first demonstrate this either way. Completely understand the frustration aspect though, just seems as though patience has taken leave of us and gone on R&R ;)

Please point out the bias in my opinion if you think i'm unjust or unfair dude......

Brilliant post Mutiny!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum