{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season ticket holders and IFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season ticket holders and IFollow

Postby stag861 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:17 am

I am a QLE season ticket holder which means I lose out financially to the QLE members. I also attend almost all of the away games each season. My beef is that as I am at the matches I don't need IFollow for the commentaries but, if at the end of an away match, I want to hear the full end of match comments I need IFollow. Also to hear the manager's mid week comments the same applies. It is my view that Season Ticket holders should get a free subscription to IFollow to make up for the gooseberry up of this years prices.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season ticket holders and IFollow

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 am

Why does everyone always want something in return for supporting our club? You get first dibs on away tickets and cup games.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:22 am

You have first dibs on the WBA tickets at the moment, us plebs have to wait for a ticket for a 5000 capacity stand :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:28 pm

You should as a season ticket holder be transported to and from all games home and away free of charge and also at home games given free food at half time ,also a signed letter from carolyn thanking you personally for saving our club from going into oblivion :lol: ,just think i can watch all 46 games live with commentary for 135 euros tough aint it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:32 pm

I’m surprised that JR doesn’t pick him up in the whirlybird.

Do we have a new The Major?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:02 pm

stag861 wrote:I am a QLE season ticket holder which means I lose out financially to the QLE members. I also attend almost all of the away games each season. My beef is that as I am at the matches I don't need IFollow for the commentaries but, if at the end of an away match, I want to hear the full end of match comments I need IFollow. Also to hear the manager's mid week comments the same applies. It is my view that Season Ticket holders should get a free subscription to IFollow to make up for the gooseberry up of this years prices.

When you bought your season ticket, did it say "includes free Ifollow"?

If you were unhappy with the deal offered, why did you part with your cash?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Beano wrote:
stag861 wrote:I am a QLE season ticket holder which means I lose out financially to the QLE members. I also attend almost all of the away games each season. My beef is that as I am at the matches I don't need IFollow for the commentaries but, if at the end of an away match, I want to hear the full end of match comments I need IFollow. Also to hear the manager's mid week comments the same applies. It is my view that Season Ticket holders should get a free subscription to IFollow to make up for the gooseberry up of this years prices.

It's a valid opinion / suggestion, and one that clearly didn't effect his ST purchase.

If people on here spent more time saying what they thought instead of having pop and people that do give opinions, it would be a much better forum.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Maybe it's something the club can consider next season (free I follow for season ticket holders).

But I agree if you were happy to purchase the item at that time, then you can't really complain.

Personally I can't understand anyone purchasing a season ticket for QL.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:

It's a valid opinion / suggestion, and one that clearly didn't effect his ST purchase.

If people on here spent more time saying what they thought instead of having pop and people that do give opinions, it would be a much better forum.

Where am I "having a pop"??

It's a perfectly reasonable question

If he was happy with the deal at the time of purchase, why is he now moaning?

As for "losing out financially" isn't this already discussed in more complexity than "war and peace" on another thread?

ST good value to your circumstances? Yes, buy - no don't buy
Membership card ........
Ifollow.......
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:07 pm

My God, I've never known such a bunch of whingers as season ticket holders.

You get in for £15:22 a game with your chosen seat each game. You get first dibs on any tickets that go on sale. That's the deal, live with it.

You're always whining about wanting more and more for sod all extra. And please before you bore us all again with your, we put or money up front to help support the club rubbish, don't. You do because it saves you money, end of.

Want to support the club, turn up every game and pay full price. No, you want your cheap entry, want your same seats, want first dibs on tickets, and a good moan about what else you're not getting. Now it's free ifollow.

You knew what the deal was, you accepted it, so live with it.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:

If people on here spent more time saying what they thought
instead of having pop and people that do give opinions, it would be a much better forum.

Agreed Jamie,
And to try to move the quality of the forum on a tad, I believe you are someone who has constantly put down some of the best attempts to move the club forward. You can be constructive, but mostly offer no solution to the problem other than criticising what other people have commented on.

Just trying to be honest ;)
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:57 am

I'm totally agreeing with season ticket holders should have free access to I follow.
They are the heart and soul of this club through good and bad.
They deserve first go at fa cup tickets away tickets etc...

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:09 am

chip63 wrote:I'm totally agreeing with season ticket holders should have free access to I follow.
They are the heart and soul of this club through good and bad.
They deserve first go at fa cup tickets away tickets etc...

:coys:

Why are they?

I attend every home game, good or bad, and pay full whack, my choice yes, but please explain how someone paying less than me and then moaning all season, every season, about how hard done to they are, and what extra they should be getting free makes them more of a life blood than me or others like me?

They knew what the deal was, take it or leave it, but please stop with the better than the rest bull.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 am

Can't you watch interviews etc on a free pass? the only thing you don't get is live audio, live matches and full match replays.

I think an extra "silver" package is needed where for couple of quid a month or £20 for the year you get access to all videos etc just not live stuff.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:23 am

gazza1988 wrote:Can't you watch interviews etc on a free pass? the only thing you don't get is live audio, live matches and full match replays.

I think an extra "silver" package is needed where for couple of quid a month or £20 for the year you get access to all videos etc just not live stuff.

on the free pass you do not get interviews, live commentary, my highlights, full match replays.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:28 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Can't you watch interviews etc on a free pass? the only thing you don't get is live audio, live matches and full match replays.

on the free pass you do not get interviews, live commentary, my highlights, full match replays.

It does say though that you get "behind the scenes" content free. So which behind the scenes content do the club produce for free? For me behind the scenes is anything that you can't "see" at the match. So post match interviews and press conferences would be "behind the scenes". However matches and highlights would be.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:55 am

whipster221073 wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:

If people on here spent more time saying what they thought
instead of having pop and people that do give opinions, it would be a much better forum.

Agreed Jamie,
And to try to move the quality of the forum on a tad, I believe you are someone who has constantly put down some of the best attempts to move the club forward. You can be constructive, but mostly offer no solution to the problem other than criticising what other people have commented on.

Just trying to be honest ;)

I couldn't disagree more. If you think that you clearly haven't read or understood pretty much everything I've ever posted.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:45 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

It does say though that you get "behind the scenes" content free. So which behind the scenes content do the club produce for free? For me behind the scenes is anything that you can't "see" at the match. So post match interviews and press conferences would be "behind the scenes". However matches and highlights would be.

iFollow is a subscription service, which subscribers pay for to get content you can't get elsewhere. The only content which is free to watch is the match highlights (short and extended) produced by EFL.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:00 pm

I know that part Martin, but on the subscribe page it says behind the scenes videos are free. Highlights aren't behind the scenes. If you think in the movie sense, behind the scenes are interviews with the stars/director, How effects are made. Ina football sense this would be interviews with the management and players, training videos and press conferences.

I feel it was designed this way so those who go home and away can still see these videos. If you don't go to games then you would need to subscribe for the commentary and/or audio. I would wager that anyone with a free subscription would have grounds to complain.

I'm a subscriber, as you know because I text in on occasion.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum