{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:27 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:23 am

my player ratings now on
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:40 am

Having watched the highlights I’m more confident that this group of players will more often than not, get it right. Some of the football looked very good. It’s early doors but the signs look good for a decent season. A win at Macclesfield will certainly help.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:54 am

I've only seen it in real time at the game but I thought the Khan chance in the 2nd half was easier than the Walker chance, I was sat right in line with the angle of the shot and it seemed that he could have hit it almost anywhere other than where he did and it would have gone in - looked like he was trying for glory with the right foot whipping shot into the top corner, the keeper caught a shot from a player he was about 6 yards from. He could have also gone down easily for a penalty as the defender dived in at the edge of the box when he nicked it away. The Walker one was at more of an angle.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Having watched the highlights I’m more confident that this group of players will more often than not, get it right. Some of the football looked very good. It’s early doors but the signs look good for a decent season. A win at Macclesfield will certainly help.

totally agree, the signs are definitely there. We looked a threat every time we went forward on Tues and the pace coupled with short quick passes really cause problems for Tranmere. I did worry that we over played at times but that will come.

It's been a while since we've had such a run of consistently solid performances, both in the league and in preseason. I've seen a few fans who think Tuesday was poor, it certainly wasn't that way for me. I think people too often confuse their disappointment of a result with the general performance and for me a draw was a fair result based on both teams giving the fans a decent game of football to watch.

Saturday is a game to get that first away win and if we play like that again, I think we'll take a few of the chances and come away with the 3 points.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:44 pm

The Khan miss was the worst miss of the night.I was directly behind the goal.He was clean through and should have placed the ball inside the right or left post.Terrible miss.I like him though.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:56 pm

A few annoying misses, however we are creating lots of chances which is good. We will continue to get better too.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum