{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield Tickets NOT sold out ... available on the day

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Macclesfield Tickets NOT sold out ... available on the day

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:27 pm

I've just been and bought the last five.
Last edited by DoomMerchant on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Re: Macclesfield Tickets Sold Out

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:28 pm

yes but available on the day
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:yes but available on the day

see https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018 ... eld-clash/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Interesting, the ticket office said they were sold out hours ago :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Seriously?
I wanted terrace tickets but was told that they were all sold; never got mentioned that there was pay on the day.

I'll be back tomorrow for a refund.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Seriously?
I wanted terrace tickets but was told that they were all sold; never got mentioned that there was pay on the day.

Standing end holds 1,500 according to Football Ground guide so plenty left.

Seating holds 400
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:23 pm

We aren't sold out, I spoke the ticket office just before they closed. I was told to contact the ticket office at Macc tomorrow and collect on the day. There isn't enough time for Macc to send more tickets.
There are plenty of tickets left.
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:27 pm

They are sold out at the ticket office.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:41 pm

The title of the post informs you that the tickets for Macc are sold out, they are not.
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:54 pm

;)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Oak Tree Stag wrote:The title of the post informs you that the tickets for Macc are sold out, they are not.

the first few posts confirm they are not though don't they?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Seriously?

Seating holds 400

I'm not certain that Macc will be selling terrace tickets for this match. According to their website (https://www.mtfc.co.uk/tickets2/visiting-supporters/);
The club offers reciprocal facilities for visiting fans (see Customer Charter). Supporters of visiting clubs that offer seating accomodation only to away fans may not be offered terrace accomodation. Please check beforehand for details.

As Stags "offer seating accomodation only to away fans" then if this is the rule we won't be allowed terrace tickets. If this is not the rule, why is it on their Visiting Supporters web page? I must say that I can't be bothered to "check beforehand", or to find out whether the seating tickets have sold out. I was going to drop in to Quarry Lane tomorrow to pick up a ticket for this match and for West Brom at the same time but I think I'll just phone up and get a WBA ticket, or buy online if that works.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm

End of the day they won’t turn down a couple of hundred paying customers when they have capacity
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Bradders wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Seriously?

Seating holds 400

I'm not certain that Macc will be selling terrace tickets for this match. According to their website (https://www.mtfc.co.uk/tickets2/visiting-supporters/);
The club offers reciprocal facilities for visiting fans (see Customer Charter). Supporters of visiting clubs that offer seating accomodation only to away fans may not be offered terrace accomodation. Please check beforehand for details.

As Stags "offer seating accomodation only to away fans" then if this is the rule we won't be allowed terrace tickets. If this is not the rule, why is it on their Visiting Supporters web page? I must say that I can't be bothered to "check beforehand", or to find out whether the seating tickets have sold out. I was going to drop in to Quarry Lane tomorrow to pick up a ticket for this match and for West Brom at the same time but I think I'll just phone up and get a WBA ticket, or buy online if that works.

Of course they are, approx 500 terrace and 200 seat tickets were sent
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm

We’ve 100% got the terracing behind the goal.

Grimsby took around 800 and were in the standing behind the goal, so were Bradford for th Cup game.

Last night Cheltenham only took 100 so they were in the seating at the side.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Of course they are, approx 500 terrace and 200 seat tickets were sent

Good, thanks. Wonder why they say they won't be selling them, due to their Charter - and then sell them anyway?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:00 pm

when did matchday experiences get so confusing?

wanna go to macclesfield? well TOUGH, it's sold out, UNLESS you don't take what the stags staff say at face value. ignore them, do some research and it'll possibly be ok. POSSIBLY.

wanna pay to watch tranmere v stags? well TOUGH, it's apparently a bit of a lottery and you'll just have to get lucky!

unable to go to away games but want to watch? tough, UNLESS you in live in another country, then we cool.

going to a home match and walking to the ground over the burger king car park way? haha, raspberry outta luck son, we're probably gonna have that closed. if you don't have facebook or twitter to be able to find this out then you're just gonna have to walk around hahahaha

good times
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:47 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Interesting, the ticket office said they were sold out hours ago :lol:

Told me I'd bought the last 3 around 12ish :lol:
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:06 pm

This is not complicated unless you choose to make it so

We were initially allocated 700 tickets ( our allocation) which we’ve sold . Tickets are now available from Macclesfield

I’m not being sarcastic but which bit is difficult to understand
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 pm

yorkstag wrote:This is not complicated unless you choose to make it so

We were initially allocated 700 tickets ( our allocation) which we’ve sold . Tickets are now available from Macclesfield

I’m not being sarcastic but which bit is difficult to understand

It's not complicated but it's certainly not well worded.

A mate has just text cos his 8 year old has read the headline on official site "Stags sell out allocation for Macclesfield away" not read the full story granted but was upset he couldn't go, I've just put them straight.

Why not turn it around and headline,"support the lads at Macclesfield, tickets available on the day"

I'm sure there'll be others thinking its 'sold out'
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:56 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:when did matchday experiences get so confusing?
Good post, as I have said before just how complicated to just go to watch a football match..why can’t we just wake up and depending how we feel and what the weather is like like and think it’s a nice day for a trip out so let’s go to the match. Oops forgot I must buy a ticket before, oops am I a member of this or that, how much will it cost ? Can I stand up or sit down? I will ring my 78 yr old dad and say it don’t matter we won’t bother ...
wanna go to macclesfield? well TOUGH, it's sold out, UNLESS you don't take what the stags staff say at face value. ignore them, do some research and it'll possibly be ok. POSSIBLY.

wanna pay to watch tranmere v stags? well TOUGH, it's apparently a bit of a lottery and you'll just have to get lucky!

unable to go to away games but want to watch? tough, UNLESS you in live in another country, then we cool.

going to a home match and walking to the ground over the burger king car park way? haha, raspberry outta luck son, we're probably gonna have that closed. if you don't have facebook or twitter to be able to find this out then you're just gonna have to walk around hahahaha

good times
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:31 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:when did matchday experiences get so confusing?

good times

Int it just.

Oh for the days when you pitched up, paid your hard-earned and walked it. Life certainly used to be so much easier, so it's no surprise that us greyed, less hairy sorts bang on about all our yesterday's.

I was categorically told yesterday "all the terrace tickets have sold out." It not once got pointed out that you can buy tickets on the day. I was then told that there were the final five seating tickets remaining. Well, I needed five tickets so bought them without questioning it.

As far as I knew I'd got the last five tickets. I've stood on that terrace loads of times and was pleasantly shocked that we'd sold it out - I know it holds plenty on there.

People can say that you could have found this out on the internet. However, I'd gone in to the ticket office. There's no better place to find out information about an upcoming fixture than the Mansfield Town ticket office, is there? I'd even mentioned that we'd wanted to stand on the terrace. The information was all there in place to be guided towards getting a ticket on the day.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll change the thread title.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Re: Macclesfield Tickets NOT sold out ... available on the d

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:39 am

I’m interested in knowing why I can pay on the gate in cash at most away fixtures I’ve attended over the last five years but we can’t get in to Mansfield without buying a ticket. Do we really have the most corrupt turnstile jockeys in the country ? I’m all for tech and that but there should be a facility to pay cash. It still exists
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:06 am

I think at Macclesfield you have to get a ticket firstly, like most places I thought in the EFL?

You can pay cash just not directly at the turnstile, don’t see a problem personally.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:28 am

The only problem here Conker is that there is misleading information coming out. As you pointed out to my earlier comments, yes, our ticket office had sold out. The original title of this thread said "Sold out"
I have spoken to 3 people who thought that there were no tickets available, this is clearly not the case. We all know how the rumour mill works and folk don't find out the correct information for themselves.
Nice one Doomy for seeing the point and changing the thread title.
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum