{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield Tickets NOT sold out ... available on the day

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Macclesfield Tickets NOT sold out ... available on the d

Postby pemill » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:32 am

E-mailed Macc last night, someone was still there and answered me straight away. Instructed to ring ticket office this morning after 9.30am which I did. Both seating and standing available, paid over phone, pick up ticket from office - simples. I'll go and get my ticket before going to pub/bar to avoid any unnecessary queuing therefore avoiding the need to complain about leaving it to late to get my ticket, whoops that would be my fault anyway but complain none the less. However it's the other MTFC so no one might not complain.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:26 pm

pemill wrote:E-mailed Macc last night, someone was still there and answered me straight away. Instructed to ring ticket office this morning after 9.30am which I did. Both seating and standing available, paid over phone, pick up ticket from office - simples. I'll go and get my ticket before going to pub/bar to avoid any unnecessary queuing therefore avoiding the need to complain about leaving it to late to get my ticket, whoops that would be my fault anyway but complain none the less. However it's the other MTFC so no one might not complain.

This is the problem with football really - I know that it's quite common now and not just a MTFC problem. Your idea of "simples" is;

Step 1. Read various websites and forums to get info about tickets, which turns out to be ambiguous
Step 2. Send an email asking for clarification and hope that somone replies in a reasonable timeframe.
Step 3. Remember to phone after 9.30 the next day.
Step 4. Make the phone call, give out credit card details to stranger (and hope that he or she doesn't pass them on). Commit to going to the match even though it's still a couple of days away.
Step 5. Go to football ground at the time you guess should allow for any queuing for prebooked tickets but not so far in advance that you have to hang around too much.
Step 6. Locate office for visiting fans' tickets - perhaps queue up
Step 7. Show ID to prove that you have a ticket order - obtain ticket
Step 8. Go to turnstile and enter ground.

My idea of "simples" is more like the good old days;

Step 1. Go to football ground allowing at least twenty minutes to get in.
Step 2. Go to turnstile, hand over cash and enter ground.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:02 pm

pemill wrote:E-mailed Macc last night, someone was still there and answered me straight away. Instructed to ring ticket office this morning after 9.30am which I did. Both seating and standing available, paid over phone, pick up ticket from office - simples. I'll go and get my ticket before going to pub/bar to avoid any unnecessary queuing therefore avoiding the need to complain about leaving it to late to get my ticket, whoops that would be my fault anyway but complain none the less. However it's the other MTFC so no one might not complain.

Just called into the Macc ground on my travels, got a dozen no problem, couldn’t be more helpful.
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Bradders wrote:

This is the problem with football really - I know that it's quite common now and not just a MTFC problem. Your idea of "simples" is;

Step 1. Read various websites and forums to get info about tickets, which turns out to be ambiguous
Step 2. Send an email asking for clarification and hope that somone replies in a reasonable timeframe.
Step 4. Make the phone call, give out credit card details to stranger (and hope that he or she doesn't pass them on). Commit to going to the match even though it's still a couple of days away.
Step 5. Go to football ground at the time you guess should allow for any queuing for prebooked tickets but not so far in advance that you have to hang around too much.

Or
Step 1 Walk to newsagent to buy Chad for match info. Fixtures may have changed since start of season-perhaps queue up.
Step 2 Locate cheque book or bank passbook.
Step 3 Go to bank on Friday lunch(the bank is only open 9-3) to get ticket and travel money. Probably queue because the banks were always busy.
Step 4 Go to ground and locate correct turnstile leaving 20 minutes to get in
Step 5 Find queue is longer than normal because more people have turned up than normal/expected and the turnstile operator has to take cash, give you change and give you a ‘ticket’. Get into ground late?
Step 5 (alternative) Get to ground and find out the match is postponed. You missed the bit on the radio while you were travelling and nobody had a mobile phone so couldn’t call you having checked on Ceefax (old alternative to the internet)
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Bradders wrote:

Ah the good old days, when there wasn't any; websites, social media, e-mails, if you needed to ring you'd have to walk 1/2 mile or so to find a phone just to find you haven't got any change, try to read a map while driving to the ground - yep, very simple wasn't it.

fgs it took me minutes to find if there were any tickets, how to get a ticket, book and pay - all from my armchair. For sure - very simple.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Unfortunately, people will always yearn for a 'simpler' time.

It's like moaning about the ticketing system we have. I couldn't have found it easier last week. Ordered tickets for the Colchester & Carlisle game last week with the QLE discount, picked them up on Saturday morning. Took my payment over the phone. Simple.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Some forgetting that the whole point of this 'simple procedure' was that the lady in the Mansfield Town Football Club office told a few people that the away end was "Sold out ".
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Chimney wrote:

Just called into the Macc ground on my travels, got a dozen no problem, couldn’t be more helpful.

ticket touting now, hey Chimney :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:32 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Or
Step 1 Walk to newsagent to buy Chad for match info. Fixtures may have changed since start of season-perhaps queue up.
Step 3 Go to bank on Friday lunch(the bank is only open 9-3) to get ticket and travel money. Probably queue because the banks were always busy.
Step 5 Find queue is longer than normal because more people have turned up than normal/expected and the turnstile operator has to take cash, give you change and give you a ‘ticket’. Get into ground late?
Step 5 (alternative) Get to ground and find out the match is postponed. You missed the bit on the radio while you were travelling and nobody had a mobile phone so couldn’t call you having checked on Ceefax (old alternative to the internet)

:lol: Very good!
Actually the last time I travelled to Macc wasn't that long ago, and I turned up for the evening match to find everything closed up and nobody there. Match postponed at the last minute, and I had no reason to check so didn't bother. It seemed a long drive back...

There are plenty of things better now than the old days, but all-ticket rules for routine league fixtures isn't one of them. I'm not saying that we can't cope, but we had something fixed that for the customer wasn't actually broken.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:40 pm

part time pete wrote:
Chimney wrote:

ticket touting now, hey Chimney :lol: :lol:

No Pete, nominated lemon to pick up the lads tickets to save them queuing up on the day
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Bradders wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Or

:lol: Very good!
Actually the last time I travelled to Macc wasn't that long ago, and I turned up for the evening match to find everything closed up and nobody there. Match postponed at the last minute, and I had no reason to check so didn't bother. It seemed a long drive back...

There are plenty of things better now than the old days, but all-ticket rules for routine league fixtures isn't one of them. I'm not saying that we can't cope, but we had something fixed that for the customer wasn't actually broken.

Thought there was something wrong that night when we passed the team coach travelling the other way near the Cat & Fiddle.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:38 pm

For those who may decide to go on the day, just go to the away ticket office and buy a ticket, it opens at 1pm. No problem.
:mtfc:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby my name is jonas » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Guessing the macc ticket office is open up until kick off?
Also is the away ticket office at the away end or apart of there general ticket office?
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:16 pm

I rang them today- paid over the phone and will pick up at 1 on Saturday. V simple
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Some forgetting that the whole point of this 'simple procedure' was that the lady in the Mansfield Town Football Club office told a few people that the away end was "Sold out ".

hang on, doomie, try not to get in the middle of a classic Stagsnet "thread topic hijack"! (which i may have accidentally started, sorry about that!)

where you got your 5 tickets pal? not sure where i'll be yet but would be good to see you, been a while.

back on off topic, i miss the good old days of:

1: hope that someone creates a football team in your local area so you can go watch this sport you've heard a bit about
2: try not to die of the plague before step 1.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:46 am

my name is jonas wrote:Guessing the macc ticket office is open up until kick off?
Also is the away ticket office at the away end or apart of there general ticket office?

As you arrive at the ground you are at the home end. If you walk up the side and turn left that's the away terrace,turn left again and you are on Moss lane which is under the new stand. There is a club shop and next to that is a shuttered area which is the ticket office.

Also if you continue up moss lane past the ticket office and a steady ten minute walk brings you to the Golden Lion, a pub we have been welcome at previously
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:32 am

Chimney wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Guessing the macc ticket office is open up until kick off?

As you arrive at the ground you are at the home end. If you walk up the side and turn left that's the away terrace,turn left again and you are on Moss lane which is under the new stand. There is a club shop and next to that is a shuttered area which is the ticket office.

Also if you continue up moss lane past the ticket office and a steady ten minute walk brings you to the Golden Lion, a pub we have been welcome at previously

Will be heading to the golden lion, seems plenty of parking round there as well.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Chimney wrote:

Last time we went the ‘Away ticket office’ was on the corner of the ground on the main London Road next to their small car park and the away terrace.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:46 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Chimney wrote:

Last time we went the ‘Away ticket office’ was on the corner of the ground on the main London Road next to their small car park and the away terrace.

We got tickets from under the stand yesterday but it's a good shout that they will open another outlet due to expecting several hundred customers. They are only a hundred yards apart so it won't be an issue
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:34 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Some forgetting that the whole point of this 'simple procedure' was that the lady in the Mansfield Town Football Club office told a few people that the away end was "Sold out ".

hang on, doomie, try not to get in the middle of a classic Stagsnet "thread topic hijack"! (which i may have accidentally started, sorry about that!)

where you got your 5 tickets pal? not sure where i'll be yet but would be good to see you, been a while.

back on off topic, i miss the good old days of:

1: hope that someone creates a football team in your local area so you can go watch this sport you've heard a bit about
2: try not to die of the plague before step 1.

We're in the seated area pal. Looks like we're front row. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum