{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Silkmen Scorefred sponsored by Kick The Draws Into Touch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Silkmen Scorefred sponsored by Kick The Draws Into T

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:16 pm

geoffhill wrote:Stop slating the manager.He has to put a team of eleven out every game.He can only put out the players at his disposal as he did today.Gibbens on his debut did okay,Sterling James came on off the bench.That is why he is on the bench.We missed Preston and White today.I will have a bet with any of the know-alls on here that we will finish at least in the play-offs.

He got it woefully wrong today in the second half, if you didn't see that then you are entitled to your opinion.
We won't finish in the plays if he can't adapt to stop the opposition running riot down the flanks as that is our weak spot due to the system.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:04 pm

abc wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Stop slating the manager.He has to put a team of eleven out every game.He can only put out the players at his disposal as he did today.Gibbens on his debut did okay,Sterling James came on off the bench.That is why he is on the bench.We missed Preston and White today.I will have a bet with any of the know-alls on here that we will finish at least in the play-offs.

It's his team playing his system he deserves criticism . Do you still believe in Father Christmas ?

Olejnik, Benning, Pearce, Hamilton, MacDonald, Mellis, Sterling-James and Rose were all signed by a previous manager. More than half the squad aren't his players. You could argue either way with Gibbens, technically he was brought to the club by someone else but Flitcroft gave him his debut.

Flitcroft has been lumbered with 2 crocked centre half's and a expensive winger who could only get a game at right back for us under the "greatest manager since his mate, Alex Ferguson"
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:16 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:

It's his team playing his system he deserves criticism . Do you still believe in Father Christmas ?

Olejnik, Benning, Pearce, Hamilton, MacDonald, Mellis, Sterling-James and Rose were all signed by a previous manager. More than half the squad aren't his players. You could argue either way with Gibbens, technically he was brought to the club by someone else but Flitcroft gave him his debut.

Flitcroft has been lumbered with 2 crocked centre half's and a expensive winger who could only get a game at right back for us under the "greatest manager since his mate, Alex Ferguson"

The defence of Flipflop is wearing a bit thin now, I really hope he turns it around but I doubt he will.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Sounds like your crying louder than County manager. You need to take your head out of flopys arsch and get the raspberry out your eyes
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:05 pm

I think after today we are a country mile off the play offs let alone top 3
Really bad day esp with fat Judas winning and Lincoln on fire
Only good news was clownty and sheep losing
Orrible feeling this season is going to be average average average and JR going to get mighty depressed with another season in league 2 after faith and spending with Fllipper and side kick Flopper
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:16 am

abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:

The defence of Flipflop is wearing a bit thin now, I really hope he turns it around but I doubt he will.

:lol: :lol:

Steve Evans, in his first 5 games last season, had won 1 drew 3 and lost one. Oh and we were knocked out the cup at the first hurdle.

So far it's an improvement, results wise, on last season. Last season Evans' sides drew 2-2 with Chesterfield AT HOME and drew 1-1 away to Barnet. But hey because it's Flitcroft let's all moan and lynch the guy already.

OSJ has probably stuffed himself up good and proper. He looked good in pre season and in short cameos but yesterday was so far out of touch. Hardly the managers fault.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:40 am

Too early into a new season to be getting into DF's ribs.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:51 am

Sneag wrote:Too early into a new season to be getting into DF's ribs.

This!

Our only victory so far is against Newport, they are in the play offs with one loss.

I watched the Macclesfield game on ifollow. Macclesfield played well 2nd half. If they play like they did 2nd half they won't be relegated. There's still 123 points left to play for. By far its way too early to be jumping the gun and being rash.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:59 am

First half we were the better side but Macclesfield missed a pile of chances. With better finishing the result could have been in their favour. Bish broke play up superbly and totally bossed the midfield. Macclesfield made three subs at half time and were a different team second half. We were poor and disjointed, frustratingly so for all as Benning threw himself to the ground in a poor penalty appeal which he rightly was booked for. In my opinion CJ needs to work on the left as we had chances but he seamt to struggle with the space he had but each time needed to swap feet to get the crosses in. Again our finishing was poor, a point yes but unconvincing but we go again Tuesday. I wonder if the Tues/Sat fixtures at the mo are taking their toll as we looked leggy and sluggish.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:29 am

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:First half we were the better side but Macclesfield missed a pile of chances. With better finishing the result could have been in their favour. Bish broke play up superbly and totally bossed the midfield. Macclesfield made three subs at half time and were a different team second half. We were poor and disjointed, frustratingly so for all as Benning threw himself to the ground in a poor penalty appeal which he rightly was booked for. In my opinion CJ needs to work on the left as we had chances but he seamt to struggle with the space he had but each time needed to swap feet to get the crosses in. Again our finishing was poor, a point yes but unconvincing but we go again Tuesday. I wonder if the Tues/Sat fixtures at the mo are taking their toll as we looked leggy and sluggish.

But DF said we were going to be far fitter than last season?
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:32 am

And its the same for every team, and we haven't even started that crappy cup competition yet
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:33 am

Bradders wrote:They've tended to look a bit tired and jaded in the matches I've seen so far, so perhaps Flitcroft should try and get that spark back? Last season in general they were the fittest side around, and were well known for throwing everything at the opposition in the last few minutes (well, until the last few matches). This season they already look like they've played 40 games, and when they need to press for a winning goal they don't seem to have the oomph.

It's a bit worrying that Bradders has come to this conclusion when David Flitcroft's main criticism of Steve Evans' squad last season was that we were not fit enough. He also had a go at Danny Rose for the same reason. He has also worked massively on fitness in pre-season. Bring back Les Taylor! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:37 am

I wouldn't say we looked unfit, I would say when we got the ball in the final third, we hadn't a clue what to do with it
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:51 am

I've been to all three away games, God knows what the chuff he says to them at HT cos all three second halfs have been raspberry.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:20 am

Why do people keep banging on about being unbeaten . Unbeaten gets you bottom half . Win one lose one is preferable. No indication yet we are better than when Flitcroft arrived .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:26 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Bradders wrote:They've tended to look a bit tired and jaded in the matches I've seen so far, so perhaps Flitcroft should try and get that spark back? Last season in general they were the fittest side around, and were well known for throwing everything at the opposition in the last few minutes (well, until the last few matches). This season they already look like they've played 40 games, and when they need to press for a winning goal they don't seem to have the oomph.

It's a bit worrying that Bradders has come to this conclusion when David Flitcroft's main criticism of Steve Evans' squad last season was that we were not fit enough. He also had a go at Danny Rose for the same reason. He has also worked massively on fitness in pre-season. Bring back Les Taylor! :lol:

I disagree that the players look tired and jaded. Yesterday it was down to a lack of quality, and that very much applies to the subs who came on, as well as those who started. It was simply a very poor performance in the second half.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:31 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

I disagree that the players look tired and jaded. Yesterday it was down to a lack of quality, and that very much applies to the subs who came on, as well as those who started. It was simply a very poor performance in the second half.

The poor performance was from the manager. Didn't adapt to combat their changes to take back control, lack of nous was frightening.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:59 am

gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:

Steve Evans, in his first 5 games last season, had won 1 drew 3 and lost one. Oh and we were knocked out the cup at the first hurdle.

So far it's an improvement, results wise, on last season. Last season Evans' sides drew 2-2 with Chesterfield AT HOME and drew 1-1 away to Barnet. But hey because it's Flitcroft let's all moan and lynch the guy already.

OSJ has probably stuffed himself up good and proper. He looked good in pre season and in short cameos but yesterday was so far out of touch. Hardly the managers fault.

Is correct. Flitcroft appears to be to blame for a player having a bad game. Some are going on like he knew he was going to have a stinker.
Unbeaten and playing a good brand of football yet the onanists are already out with the knives. Entitled wasters. Some of the planks on here and elsewhere sound like Liverpool fans.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:14 am

It's his team playing his system he deserves criticism . Do you still believe in Father Christmas ?[/quote]

Flitcroft has been lumbered with 2 crocked centre half's and a expensive winger who could only get a game at right back for us under the "greatest manager since his mate, Alex Ferguson"[/quote]

The defence of Flipflop is wearing a bit thin now, I really hope he turns it around but I doubt he will.[/quote]

OSJ has probably stuffed himself up good and proper. He looked good in pre season and in short cameos but yesterday was so far out of touch. Hardly the managers fault.[/quote]
Is correct. Flitcroft appears to be to blame for a player having a bad game. Some are going on like he knew he was going to have a stinker.
Unbeaten and playing a good brand of football yet the onanists are already out with the knives. Entitled wasters. Some of the planks on here and elsewhere sound like Liverpool fans.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: what a crock of raspberry but then again you didn't see it. The players played well and it was a professional first half away performance.
What can't you get about their manager changing to hit our weak spot and our manager not being able to counter it?
Maybe you are the thick one, on second thoughts no need to answer that
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:25 am

One thing being overlooked is a 18 academy product making his debut and doing fine. Well done to him.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 am

Its alright people slagging of flitcroft ,but i lost count of how many times we just gave possesion away yesterday ,and a lot of them were silly poorly hit passes that went astray or balls that were going nowhere at all ,i think it was as poor as ive seen them this season ,and im seeing it from the cameras view it wasnt just one or two who had a poor game ,but onwards and upwards :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:11 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

This!

Our only victory so far is against Newport, they are in the play offs with one loss.

I watched the Macclesfield game on ifollow. Macclesfield played well 2nd half. If they play like they did 2nd half they won't be relegated. There's still 123 points left to play for. By far its way too early to be jumping the gun and being rash.

Are you living abroad now Gazza ?
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:13 pm

part time pete wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

This!

Are you living abroad now Gazza ?

Went to Germany for the afternoon.....
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Come on folk, KEEP THE FAITH , Still early days yet ! COYS
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:Decided not to go to this one, saving my money for West Brom - turned out to be a good move. But judging from today's commentary, we'll take quite a thumping on Tuesday night. You can never be sure in football though, and perhaps they'll pull their socks up for the cup.

Just to be clear, I never said that, or anything like it. I can't remember if Dean did. I did say we were appalling in the second half today.

Agreed - but to clarify, I didn't mean that it was mentioned in the commentary. But if we were only OK in the first half against (what's thought to be) one of the worst sides in the league, and had an appalling second half against them, we can only expect a good thumping away at one of the top sides in the Midlands. Even if we play like we did against Tranmere we'll be easy meat for the Baggies.
Perhaps the team is one of those good cup sides that needs to have a reason to raise their game but can't get motivated enough for the routine matches, and will do well on Tuesday. Here's hoping.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum