{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn has a pop at the boardroom

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carolyn has a pop at the boardroom

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Foxy wrote:Please don't try and derail another thread with your race-baiting. It's incredibly dull. Save it for your UAF mates on Facebook, there's a good boy.

He wasn’t baiting. It was you.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Jamie wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Whilst I have some sympathy for this, unfortunately she can't have it both ways.

If she truly believes there should be no comments about her appearance, why does she go to such lengths and expense to accentuate her looks?.

Anyone who looks at her can immediately see that she has had cosmetic enhancements that she believes improves hers looks and uses them to her every advantage. Whilst accepting that is her absolute right she can hardly complain when people comment on it.

As they say though, any publicity is good publicity and once more Mrs Radford has pushed herself forward.

That said she has been very good for the club and long may it continue.

What a load of crap. Since when do people have the right to comment on how someone looks to there face in what Is supposed to be a professional environment?

Is it ok to point out to a women that she's fat and ugly? Of course not... Wake up and smell the 21st century Sandy.

Oh what a sad world when men can't give ladies a compliment without being accused of being sexist or predatory. There is no mention in the article that suggests these men are coming on to her or attempting to belittle her. It's like suggesting that any adult male who talks to children must be a paedophile.

Don't women ever comment on your appearance to you maybe saying they like your shirt or new haircut? Should we get on our high horse if they do?

These men are not discussing her appearance between themselves but paying the lady a compliment to her face. What's wrong with that? Haven't you ever commented on a mate who is all dressed up and looking smart?.

It used to be encouraged as a social skill but we are now bullied by the political correct who put their own interpretation on our words which usually bears no resemblance to the intention .

I don't think I need to come into the 21st century more like people should respect differences in generations and not look for insults that don't exist. As for professional environments, don't human beings attend them or are all 'professionals' humourless robots. Stop being so precious and you may actually get on with people.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:55 pm

How does the old saying go ? You should never judge a book by its cover.

Surely in her professional capacity as CEO, she should be judged on her ability to do the job.

I think she's done a good job promoting MTFC. In fact doing these kind of interviews she gives the club a higher pro file ( as well as herself of course ).

Good luck to her, I admire her spirit.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Whilst I have some sympathy for this, unfortunately she can't have it both ways.

If she truly believes there should be no comments about her appearance, why does she go to such lengths and expense to accentuate her looks?.

Anyone who looks at her can immediately see that she has had cosmetic enhancements that she believes improves hers looks and uses them to her every advantage. Whilst accepting that is her absolute right she can hardly complain when people comment on it.

As they say though, any publicity is good publicity and once more Mrs Radford has pushed herself forward.

That said she has been very good for the club and long may it continue.

What a load of crap. Since when do people have the right to comment on how someone looks to there face in what Is supposed to be a professional environment?

Is it ok to point out to a women that she's fat and ugly? Of course not... Wake up and smell the 21st century Sandy.

Good post. When I put a suit on and my friends tell me that I scrub up well, should I be outraged ? No, I’ll take the compliment as it is intended.

Oh what a sad world when men can't give ladies a compliment without being accused of being sexist or predatory. There is no mention in the article that suggests these men are coming on to her or attempting to belittle her. It's like suggesting that any adult male who talks to children must be a paedophile.

Don't women ever comment on your appearance to you maybe saying they like your shirt or new haircut? Should we get on our high horse if they do?

These men are not discussing her appearance between themselves but paying the lady a compliment to her face. What's wrong with that? Haven't you ever commented on a mate who is all dressed up and looking smart?.

It used to be encouraged as a social skill but we are now bullied by the political correct who put their own interpretation on our words which usually bears no resemblance to the intention .

I don't think I need to come into the 21st century more like people should respect differences in generations and not look for insults that don't exist. As for professional environments, don't human beings attend them or are all 'professionals' humourless robots. Stop being so precious and you may actually get on with people.
Last edited by bellwhiff on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:47 pm

As Doomy says, until she lowers kids prices at the Mill then she isn't doing a good job. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Well said Sandy Pate Stag. It's faux outrage for the sake of it.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Foxy, what aren't you enraged by?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:55 pm

CR is a brilliant self-publicist. Personally, I think if she came across in a more natural way, she wouldn't get all the flak. All the posing and posturing looks false. If she toned it down a bit, she would be taken far more seriously for the good job she's doing. Sometimes, less is more. I'd like to hear the other female CEOs' thoughts on how they're treated, too.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby five to three » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Does she want women to be taken seriously or is it that really she wants herself to be taken seriously which after her poor showing on Question Time is less likely and didn't she pose for a holiday snap in her bikini a couple of seasons ago! Less about women and more about Carolyn I fear.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Must admit when I first read the thread title I thought it said

Carolyn has a poop in the boardroom.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Foxy wrote:Let's not beat about the bush. She's only there because she's really pretty and incredibly wealthy in the first place.

I do like Carolyn but come on sweetcheeks you aren't a victim.

Everybody has to be a victim these days don't they? Except the only people who can't claim victimhood are white heterosexual men.

Feminism is another cancer on society.

I'm white and hetrosexual and get abused on a weekly basis.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Christ, we now have people saying she can’t wear swimwear!

The issue isn’t paying compliments, it’s the demeaning way it’s done I guess.

Regarding her career path, what does it matter? She’s doing a better job than most in our league I feel.

But, because she’s a woman and doesn’t like being treated like raspberries then she gets even more abuse.

Half you lot on here just don’t like the idea that she’s more successful than most of you
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Foxy wrote:Let's not beat about the bush. She's only there because she's really pretty and incredibly wealthy in the first place.

Everybody has to be a victim these days don't they? Except the only people who can't claim victimhood are white heterosexual men.

Well yes exactly. If you weren't the people saying those things would be getting their doors booted in arrested and charged with hate speech.

You don't have protected status Spiro and your feelings don't matter.

You see even multi millionaires can be a victim if they've not got a penis.

But you as a straight white man getting up every morning at 4 o clock to go and do 12 hours of manual labour just to be able to afford something to eat and electricity to go on t'Nintendo Wii can't cos you are the oppressor, the colonialist, and part of the patriarchy.

What a time to be alive.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:49 pm

five to three wrote:Does she want women to be taken seriously or is it that really she wants herself to be taken seriously which after her poor showing on Question Time is less likely and didn't she pose for a holiday snap in her bikini a couple of seasons ago! Less about women and more about Carolyn I fear.

Shock and horror, how on earth can she be taken seriously if she's worn a bikini ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Foxy wrote:Please don't try and derail another thread with your race-baiting. It's incredibly dull. Save it for your UAF mates on Facebook, there's a good boy.

You brought race into it - as usual. And facebook? What are you babbling about?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:00 am

Foxy wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Well yes exactly. If you weren't the people saying those things would be getting their doors booted in arrested and charged with hate speech.

You don't have protected status Spiro and your feelings don't matter.

You see even multi millionaires can be a victim if they've not got a penis.

But you as a straight white man getting up every morning at 4 o clock to go and do 12 hours of manual labour just to be able to afford something to eat and electricity to go on t'Nintendo Wii can't cos you are the oppressor, the colonialist, and part of the patriarchy.

What a time to be alive.

Stop playing the race card.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:01 am

Carolyn isn`t the prettiest of girls, but she`s extremely presentable, smart and outgoing. She`s like a breath of fresh air. I`ve spoken to her on a couple of occasions and thought what a nice girl she is. Yes she is succesful and obviously works very hard to acieve what she has achieved.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:41 am

PRL13 wrote:Carolyn isn`t the prettiest of girls, but she`s extremely presentable, smart and outgoing. She`s like a breath of fresh air. I`ve spoken to her on a couple of occasions and thought what a nice girl she is. Yes she is succesful and obviously works very hard to acieve what she has achieved.

Oh my goodness "she isn't the prettiest of girls" , but then go on to praise her. I really think it's time this thread was closed for many reasons .
She's our CEO,and has done with JR, so much for our club, whatever she decides to do in her life, whatever she decides to say, is HER choice, whether you feel it right or wrong. The manner of some of the replies on here and subsequent arguing is all a bit ridiculous.
There are some strange comments on here, and it's potentially a thread that might not end well with the goodwill that has come to our club in the last few years. All from people who are fans of the club.....only on Stagsnet.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:14 am

Isn’t the prettiest of girls.

Bwahahaha.

Oh dear. Hark at Brad “Shirebrook” Pitt here.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:22 am

She's a bit of an attention seeker I feel.

We've heard nothing from her recently, since that car crash apoearance on Question Time, she has kept her head below the battlements after that.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:31 am

oldweststander wrote:She's a bit of an attention seeker I feel.

We've heard nothing from her recently, since that car crash apoearance on Question Time, she has kept her head below the battlements after that.

So what about this latest BBC article and the Metro one the other day :roll: :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:40 am

oldweststander wrote:She's a bit of an attention seeker I feel.

So what if she is?
It's what makes the world go round. She's our CEO generates good publicity for us, and looks like she works hard as well for us and the club.
The undertones of many of the posts on here smack of a bit of jealousy and resentment.
Give the woman a bloody break!!!!
God knows what some of you would be like if she was CEO of a club across the M1 border.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 am

part time pete wrote:As Doomy says, until she lowers kids prices at the Mill then she isn't doing a good job. :lol:

WHAMMO!!! (As the Batman graphics dept might say)
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:17 am

The replies in this thread are society encompassed. Human brains and attitudes come in different shapes and forms. One person's insult is another person's compliment. Another person's black is someone else's white. Opinions are opinions.

In the short, my own opinion is that Carolyn Radford is good for my football club. She's proven my initial thoughts of her to be a tee shot in to 'out of bounds.'
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:31 am

Typical of the mentality of some Stags fans. You tell the truth and get slated for it. It often makes me wonder if we deserve success!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum