{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby nick_stags » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:10 pm

die hirsche wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:It makes me laugh that people think Logan is overweight, forgot there were fitness coaches on here..

Just look at him, it’s an absolute disgrace.

He's a League 2 keeper. They come in all shapes and sizes and they all offer their good and bad sides.

To call him a disgrace is quite frankly disgusting on your behalf.

What complete garbage. The guy is paid £2k + a week to be a professional footballer, the bare minimum is that he keeps himself in a physical condition that allows him to perform to the best of his ability.

He's overweight and there is no excuse for it when it starts to cost us points.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Are some on here calling Logan a Salad Dodger :lol: :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:14 pm

He made 2 excellent saves in the game to keep us in it , one a finger tip reaction save .
We never really got going today , a point was a fair result but not in the way it ended which felt like a loss
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:14 pm

die hirsche wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:It makes me laugh that people think Logan is overweight, forgot there were fitness coaches on here..

He's a League 2 keeper. They come in all shapes and sizes and they all offer their good and bad sides.

Disagree with that statement the guy at Macclesfield last season was fitter n controlled his defence with authority hence keeping over 20 clean sheets
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Amberheart wrote:He made 2 excellent saves in the game to keep us in it , one a finger tip reaction save .
We never really got going today , a point was a fair result but not in the way it ended which felt like a loss

When was the finger tip reaction save?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:18 pm

He made a great save from a cross that he should have just came out and caught in the first place. Maybe they mean that one?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:18 pm

nick_stags wrote:
die hirsche wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

What complete garbage. The guy is paid £2k + a week to be a professional footballer, the bare minimum is that he keeps himself in a physical condition that allows him to perform to the best of his ability.

ok. i just think calling someone 'a disgrace' is going a bit far. though im sure you are utterly perfect in everything you do.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:19 pm

a fair point we dominated possession, and although didn't create much should be seeing that out once in front.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amberheart wrote:He made 2 excellent saves in the game to keep us in it , one a finger tip reaction save .

When was the finger tip reaction save?

Early in the first half from a header I think
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:26 pm

That header was literally straight at him.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:30 pm

That wasn’t a fingertip save, it was an easy one. He loves a camera save which makes it look better than it is, hence why he pushed the one for a throw than led to the goal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:35 pm

The noticeable difference between the pair of goalkeepers, is that, Bobby recycles the ball back into play much quicker than Conrad, which aided our attacking threat last Tuesday.
Plus his distribution is much better. I think that is why we failed to build up any momentum today.
We were lucky not to concede first half, when Conrad stayed on his line, with him having to make a fine save to atone for his error.
Perhaps , Bobby should get a run in the team to keep the pressure on, to improve the standard of both keepers.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:38 pm

All he had to do was catch a very tame effort .fall to the floor , wait 10 seconds ,run to the edge of the box , stop have a rethink , bounce the ball a couple of times and kick it in to touch as far down the pitch as possible , ref blows , 3 points thank you very much .
Regardless of which division you are in a professional goalkeeper should easily have held on to that effort and they certainly should have either got to the ball or be awarded a free kick for being blocked for their goal.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:44 pm

die hirsche wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
die hirsche wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

ok. i just think calling someone 'a disgrace' is going a bit far. though im sure you are utterly perfect in everything you do.

I said his physical condition is a disgrace.

IN MY OPINION Logan is overweight and it hinders his ability to perform to the levels that you would expect someone at this level of the game to perform to.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:47 pm

If DF thought CL was unfit, he wouldn't be playing.

Maybe time to give Bobby a go.

I'm not convinced he will be any better.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Just seen goal on SSN.

Really poor goalkeeping !
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Not seen it back yet but it’s simple if you come for a ball as a keeper you have to get it. If you make a mistake it’s usually a goal, quite costly in this instance but it felt like we were inviting pressure on again.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:59 pm

nick_stags wrote:I said his physical condition is a disgrace.

IN MY OPINION Logan is overweight and it hinders his ability to perform to the levels that you would expect someone at this level of the game to perform to.

In my opinion he's overweight and i agree.

He's not a disgrace though, Nick.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Carrying defo over a stone of weight in his mid section .

Bad error for goal. Thought the team played well against Colchester who will be there or thereabouts at the season end.
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:20 pm

His physical condition is a disgrace, as a PROFESSIONAL sportsman should try to keep himself in the best condition to do his job. I reckon he`s about 2 stones overweight and has been for some time. He cost us goals early last season and has cost us 2 this season. I left the other site as someone else called him and got castigated and I defended them and got abused, for the last time. Every time Bobby has played (twice?), we`ve got a good result. The idea of having two keepers is that if someone No swearing please up, the other one gets a go, to keep them on their toes!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm

It's a disgrace is it?

fgs i seriously wonder about you.

There are a lot of things that could be classed as disgraceful in this world but I dont think the weight of the Mansfield Town goalie ever, ever gets near to actually being considered.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

I have slowed it right down and there where no contact on ball . went straight over Logan and there player tapped it in
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:All he had to do was catch a very tame effort .fall to the floor , wait 10 seconds ,run to the edge of the box , stop have a rethink , bounce the ball a couple of times and kick it in to touch as far down the pitch as possible , ref blows , 3 points thank you very much .
Regardless of which division you are in a professional goalkeeper should easily have held on to that effort and they certainly should have either got to the ball or be awarded a free kick for being blocked for their goal.

100% this & when that long throw came it I knew it was going to be a goal.

His peeformance for the 2nd Yeovil goal wasn't that clever either.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm

die hirsche wrote:It's a disgrace is it?

fgs i seriously wonder about you.

There are a lot of things that could be classed as disgraceful in this world but I dont think the weight of the Mansfield Town goalie ever, ever gets near to actually being considered.

Cough... Pressman... cough.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Good for you 007 that you can laugh it all off.
I didnt see so much laughing in stanley harbour.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum