{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

War of words erupts over Rose move

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: War of words erupts over Rose move

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Agreed hope he stays real crackin front three then
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Amazing how one tap in goal and all is forgiven. He dumped on everyone when he submitted his request. He’s not withdrawn it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Conker wrote:
Dan wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:Evans saying DF should have concentrated on his job last season is just so Trumpesque,. distorting of the truth
Anyone with half a brain could see that we were limping into the final stage of the season, he knew it, and it accelerated his desire to leave.
The man is an absolute dung trumpet, and whilst for me DF is still in the phase of building credibility and I have reservations, I would rather have him than the other bloke.
As for DR well, he wants to go, that won't have changed, and a few claps to some of his adoring faithful after scoring won't change that for me. Its a job to them and nothing more.
Thanks Danny, you did ok, you asked to move, I'm sure you will get your wish next window......unless you want to explain why you asked to go? You ain't gonna do that though are you?

We'd hit form at the right time and would've gone up had Evans stayed so not sure how you come to that conclusion. I think we were probably in the highest position that we'd been in all season when he left. so hardly "limping into the final stage of the season"

It’s a common theme on here, people unable to use common sense in regards to Evans because he pissed off and left us.

Another one is he left due to the tough fixtures coming up, but our record against the top 7 was seriously good with him at the helm.

I think we'd have made the play-offs but not top 3. His last game against Coventry was abject, had we won that game (1-0 up against 10 men for 75 mins) then despite the poor end to the season we'd have still made the play-offs. Evans left us in 4th with a top 3 budget and then failed at Posh. Give him an average budget he'd be exposed as the fraud he is.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Dan wrote:He went because he thought he would get Posh promoted thus becoming a Championship Manager the following season rather than a League One Manager (if we'd gone up). Plus he got tapped up by his local club who are 3 miles away from where he lives. It was a no brainer.

I'd say he left because he thought he'd get posh promoted and if we got promoted he could turn around and say he got 2 teams promoted in 1 season.

I get the feeling that Evans' success will be somewhat limited now managers can be carded. His constant berating of referees earns his teams points in the season.

The guy just comes across as lazy. The comparisons by players to training alone showed this. He was going to China and took in a game at Peterbrough before he left, even ringing Barry in the ticket office to get in, to suddenly becoming manager of Peterborough completely out of the blue.

Had Evans stayed, I feel we would have been comfortably in the play offs. But he didn't. We were doing well and it appears that the players were on a high from results. The new guy comes in and take s a different approach.

All in all. I'm very happy with Flitcroft so far. I do feel that unless he can shift the transfer listed players we may struggle as our squad depth gets tested as the season progresses.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Dan wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:Evans saying DF should have concentrated on his job last season is just so Trumpesque,. distorting of the truth
Anyone with half a brain could see that we were limping into the final stage of the season, he knew it, and it accelerated his desire to leave.
The man is an absolute dung trumpet, and whilst for me DF is still in the phase of building credibility and I have reservations, I would rather have him than the other bloke.
As for DR well, he wants to go, that won't have changed, and a few claps to some of his adoring faithful after scoring won't change that for me. Its a job to them and nothing more.
Thanks Danny, you did ok, you asked to move, I'm sure you will get your wish next window......unless you want to explain why you asked to go? You ain't gonna do that though are you?

We'd hit form at the right time and would've gone up had Evans stayed so not sure how you come to that conclusion. I think we were probably in the highest position that we'd been in all season when he left. so hardly "limping into the final stage of the season"

It’s a common theme on here, people unable to use common sense in regards to Evans because he pissed off and left us.

Another one is he left due to the tough fixtures coming up, but our record against the top 7 was seriously good with him at the helm.

I think we'd have made the play-offs but not top 3. His last game against Coventry was abject, had we won that game (1-0 up against 10 men for 75 mins) then despite the poor end to the season we'd have still made the play-offs. Evans left us in 4th with a top 3 budget and then failed at Posh. Give him an average budget he'd be exposed as the fraud he is.

I was waiting for the Coventry game to pop up, yeah it was a poor performance but you are reading in to that to much (and clutching at straws using it every time) we were still in the top three in the form table after that result - You can make a fair argument if we would have got automatic or promotion but I thought it was never in doubt at that point.

I was looking forward to playing Accy, Luton etc because we nearly always took points off our rivals with him in charge.

But yeah, I understand why you don’t want to believe that - he annoyed you (and me plus every other stags fan) in how he left - but everything points to a top three finish before he sold us out.

If anything it shows what a daft idea it was, he ended up without another promotion. Maybe Posh were not willing to wait till the summer.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Dan wrote:

I wouldn't disagree that we would have just about got into the play offs but for the budget he had, that was a failure and I stick by what I said that we were limping into the final part, the Coventry game was poor no doubt about that. The result against a terrible Newport side papered over a lot of the cracks, and the fact that his lambasting of his players had ended, for me ensured that many of his staff took their foot off the gas even further.
Just my opinion.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:59 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:He went because he thought he would get Posh promoted thus becoming a Championship Manager the following season rather than a League One Manager (if we'd gone up). Plus he got tapped up by his local club who are 3 miles away from where he lives. It was a no brainer.

I'd say he left because he thought he'd get posh promoted and if we got promoted he could turn around and say he got 2 teams promoted in 1 season.

I get the feeling that Evans' success will be somewhat limited now managers can be carded. His constant berating of referees earns his teams points in the season.

The guy just comes across as lazy. The comparisons by players to training alone showed this. He was going to China and took in a game at Peterbrough before he left, even ringing Barry in the ticket office to get in, to suddenly becoming manager of Peterborough completely out of the blue.

Had Evans stayed, I feel we would have been comfortably in the play offs. But he didn't. We were doing well and it appears that the players were on a high from results. The new guy comes in and take s a different approach.

All in all. I'm very happy with Flitcroft so far. I do feel that unless he can shift the transfer listed players we may struggle as our squad depth gets tested as the season progresses.

You don't really believe all that raspberrys do you mate? I reckon he was tapped up on the Friday night which might explain the Coventry performance. I reckon DM rang him & said 'how do you fancy getting us over the line as we're struggling at the moment & I don't think McCann will do it'. McCann was sacked on the Saturday night, there were strong rumours of Evans going on the Sunday morning, then he resigned & was at their game on the Tuesday night v Walsall. It happened too quick for it to be a coincidence. The China thing was just a cover up so they didn't have to pay us any compensation which then backfired.
Last edited by Dan on Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Evans would have known about the Peterborough job for weeks before it came about.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Do Peterborough do "tapping up " Dan?

Or perhaps JR rang their chairman up to see if they would take him off our hands. For the right fee of course.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Or perhaps JR rang their chairman up to see if they would take him off our hands. For the right fee of course.

:lol: :lol: That's a ridiculous thing to say with all the money JR had given to Evans & us sitting 4th in the table. JR was clearly devastated when Evans went after all he did for him.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

:lol: :lol: That's a ridiculous thing to say with all the money JR had given to Evans & us sitting 4th in the table. JR was clearly devastated when Evans went after all he did for him.

Of course he was devasted and with justification.

Obviously my attempt at sarcasm has failed. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:13 pm

No Dan, I don't believe it. I tried to make it obvious by saying he rang for a ticket and Barry (Fry) in the ticket office sorted him out.

I was going to put "going to China" in the quotation marks but clearly never did :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:25 pm

:lol: :lol: I think I need a lay down dealing with you pair :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Dan wrote::lol: :lol: I think I need a lay down dealing with you pair :D
Im sure it's well deserved Dan :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Conker wrote:

That's the f*****g understatement of the millennia!! :P :lol:

It's the same 'bias / know it all / bitterness / unwillingness to admit defeat' that makes us Stags fans so special ;)

It's definitely no different to the same bias some (still) feel towards Flitcroft because of last season, and several will continue to feel about Rose's transfer request even if he revokes it and repeatedly apologises. It's also the same embittered view one of us still holds about Dearden.....

I'm all for differing views, but some fans would rather deep fry their danglies till they're like battered saveloy and scotch eggs, than ever admit their grudges are illogical. We're sometimes far too precious about being right than what might be the truth or best for the club, imo
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:23 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Conker wrote:

That's the f*****g understatement of the millennia!! :P :lol:

It's the same 'bias / know it all / bitterness / unwillingness to admit defeat' that makes us Stags fans so special ;)

It's definitely no different to the same bias some (still) feel towards Flitcroft because of last season, and several will continue to feel about Rose's transfer request even if he revokes it and repeatedly apologises. It's also the same embittered view one of us still holds about Dearden.....

I'm all for differing views, but some fans would rather deep fry their danglies till they're like battered saveloy and scotch eggs, than ever admit their grudges are illogical. We're sometimes far too precious about being right than what might be the truth or best for the club, imo

His love for H*slam makes all of his other points invalid.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Give over Dan, there's only a handful of people I love and he certainly isn't one of them... Dearden was/is a judas though :)

Good post by MOTC, sums us lot up pretty well.

I'll never forgive Billy, but don't feel that strongly about Evans and am willing to forgive Rose.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:29 pm

A Judas is a Judas.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Jamie wrote:Give over Dan, there's only a handful of people I love and he certainly isn't one of them... Dearden was/is a judas though :)

Good post by MOTC, sums us lot up pretty well.

I'll never forgive Billy, but don't feel that strongly about Evans and am willing to forgive Rose.

A friend of mine is a friend of Bill.

Bill still holds the Stags in great regard and is always made welcome by the club.

You are totally off the mark regarding Bill's loyalty to the Stags.

Due to Haslam he was managing with both hands tied behind his back.

He had several players lined up, but had the rug pulled from under him at the last minute. That was the last straw for Bill.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

You don't really believe all that raspberrys do you mate? I reckon he was tapped up on the Friday night which might explain the Coventry performance. I reckon DM rang him & said 'how do you fancy getting us over the line as we're struggling at the moment & I don't think McCann will do it'. McCann was sacked on the Saturday night, there were strong rumours of Evans going on the Sunday morning, then he resigned & was at their game on the Tuesday night v Walsall. It happened too quick for it to be a coincidence. The China thing was just a cover up so they didn't have to pay us any compensation which then backfired.

It seems obvious that this was pretty much the scenario. Evans is many things, most of them not nice, but he certainly isn't lazy - and I have to assume that it's sour grapes that makes some Stags fans think that we were heading for anything below 3rd last season before Evans jumped ship.

It seems clear now that Evans had spent the season assembling a team using players who lived in fear of him and performed as if their lives depended on it (and probably actually thought that at times). The players that didn't respond to that approach or saw through it (Butcher, for instance) were sidelined. It's an approach that works, but only with players of a certain mentality - hence Evans' need to bring in his choice of footballers all the time, and his need to berate them from the touchline.
Flitcroft has a very different way of motivating players, so no wonder that it didn't work with Evans' team.

As for discussions about whether Evans really had offers from Dubai or China and somehow ended up at Peterborough by chance... :lol: It seems highly likely that he spent the preparation time before the Coventry match trying to work out some story that JR might fall for, and the team would know that something was up.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby spstag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Who cares about Evans.
This is the story,

We've had a lucky escape and he's gone.. the man is not a good manager,
I don't care about "how many promotions" blah!
He gets as many players possible into a club spending far too much in the process,
.He's no idea which is is best 11
. He's not got any tactical nouse in my opinion
. He's obviously not a man manager (fgs he wouldn't play Mal Benning!!!!!!)
. The football was awful in my opinion, no shape no coetion no idea,
I honestly think we've been dealt a stroke of luck the way he's gone,
It's a massive blessing in disguise

DF is proving to be far more of a manager he has ever been,
I know it's early days but jeysus! The football and fitness levels are far superior to Fat lad,
Players look happy, sharp, confident.. just a breath of clear fresh air in comparison to the mish mash of Evans era,
We was very lucky to be where we was in the league under Evans, I never came away from t'mill
In total confidence of the play or entertained at all.

I'm so glad we've not got Evans and I'm excited more than ever of what players I've seen and the football so far under DF, still work to do but for me, well we are very fortunate.
spstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum