{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

War of words erupts over Rose move

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: War of words erupts over Rose move

Postby Teapot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:44 am

If only everyone in life could be as truthful as the walk away manager.
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 am

The 3 stooges over there should be politicians they are so practised in consistently lying. No matter how bare faced it may be they carry on. We may not know the whole truth in this instance but we all know the story of numbnuts and nodalongs departure was complete cods so why would this be different.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:57 am

Just waiting for Posh to tell us Danny Rose had agreed a move to the United Arab Emirates before they made their move when he had phoned their manager to ask directions.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Now then, who to believe, Flip-flop and Radders or the Great Ball of China and Fry-ups?

Not the toughest choice in the world.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 pm

One thing is for sure though JR has never denied touting Rose for sale.

Even if he was for sale the second part of the situation is the rose transfer request. If he had been manipulated into putting in a transfer request because they where saying the valuation had been met then surely this is still tapping up the player as the club can't discuss matters with the player until a fee agreed by both clubs.

Had a fee been agreed then surely a transfer request wasn't required as JR had already been touting Rose to Peterborough and therefore was willing to sell to them if the price had genuinely been met.

Its the transfer request that supports the evidence of any alleged tapping up and only Rose can state why he put in the request.

Over to you Danny...
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:06 pm

It's almost as though the world hasn't got a recent example of Fry, Evans and MacAnthony lying when it comes to their interest in a Mansfield Town employee, you know something not more than say 6 months ago?
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Evans saying DF should have concentrated on his job last season is just so Trumpesque,. distorting of the truth
Anyone with half a brain could see that we were limping into the final stage of the season, he knew it, and it accelerated his desire to leave.
The man is an absolute dung trumpet, and whilst for me DF is still in the phase of building credibility and I have reservations, I would rather have him than the other bloke.
As for DR well, he wants to go, that won't have changed, and a few claps to some of his adoring faithful after scoring won't change that for me. Its a job to them and nothing more.
Thanks Danny, you did ok, you asked to move, I'm sure you will get your wish next window......unless you want to explain why you asked to go? You ain't gonna do that though are you?
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Sulking much. They can say whatever they want but at the end of the day Danny Rose is still a Mansfield Town player at present.

Danny acted like a bit of a nipple but who hasn't and last night he was committed to the amber and blue shirt from the moment he came on the pitch and bagged a great goal which to me at least looked like it meant a great deal to Danny and the rest of the team.

I'd love him to stay long term but in the short term while ever he pulls on our shirt and gives 100% he has my full support.

As for Evans part in this, the performance we produced last night was on a whole different level of class and quality to anything he managed to get a Stags side to produce. On a final note isn't it nice to see the opposition manager acting like a plonker instead of our own.

Posh China 0 Mansfield 1.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Chris M wrote:Just waiting for Posh to tell us Danny Rose had agreed a move to the United Arab Emirates before they made their move when he had phoned their manager to ask directions.

I thought he was following his ex manager to that club in the East, Chris. You know, China - just down the A1.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:17 pm

I disagree with the "over to you Danny". He apologised to fans last night by holding his hands up, and he scored 78 seconds after coming on.

I want to see him coming on as sub on Saturday and scoring again. That's all I want. Do your talking on the pitch.

Also, I couldn't care less what Evans and Fry say.
John Radford already told us: “For the avoidance of doubt, the club will pursue with the football authorities any act designed to induce a breach of contract in order to facilitate the transfer of the player.” That should now be played out in private with the FA.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Wilfred » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I disagree with the "over to you Danny". He apologised to fans last night by holding his hands up, and he scored 78 seconds after coming on.

I want to see him coming on as sub on Saturday and scoring again. That's all I want. Do your talking on the pitch.

Also, I couldn't care less what Evans and Fry say.
John Radford already told us: “For the avoidance of doubt, the club will pursue with the football authorities any act designed to induce a breach of contract in order to facilitate the transfer of the player.” That should now be played out in private with the FA.

Totally agree, Martin.

And if you look up the word "Lie", on Google, one of the synonyms is " A Posh Promise". Honest.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:44 pm

If I were him I’d have a chat with his chairman as he said jr had offered rose to them and then Evans said we wouldn’t sell to them, never have 4 individuals suited each other more.

If we ignore them long enough they will get bored. I’m surprised they haven’t brought Adam Murray in as scout being as they only wanted Adams players after all their amazing recruitment.

Evans tenure did nothing for Mansfield other than create a media circus to raise his own profile, we move forward with a better vision and stability.
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Spoke to Danny as he had his photo taken with a young fan as he came out for the game. He looked a little sheepish and embarrassed.

Told him glad to have him back.

You could see that his style of play differs to that of Davies and Walker. This gives us options for later in the games and for differing styles of play.

Glad he is back in the fold.

Come on you Stags
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Has Danny withdrawn his transfer request?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:47 pm

The other point to be made is if the delicate flowers over at Posh towers are so offended by our actions why not take it up with the authorities?? No they keep peddling it out in the press now indirectly saying they are still interested and further unsettling the player.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:19 pm

stag861 wrote:Has Danny withdrawn his transfer request?

That would put an end to it . Depends if he still wants to leave. Ball is in his court.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:23 pm

If JR had buckled at the last minute and agreed to the amount Peterborough were willing to pay DR would no longer be at our club. Well done to JR for standing up for what he thought was a fair price.

The “Journey Man” footballer’s biographer (which I took with a pinch of salt at the time I read it)’ chronicles how SE manipulates footballers. This coupled with the China story when SE decided to “walk away”’ points me to who I think is more credible.

I also find the “walkway managers”’ jibes at DF for not getting us promoted a bit tastelees’’ particularly as he himself failed to capitalise on the good league position Peterborough were in when he took over.

As for DR, he did well last night to endear his self to the supporters. I would now like to see him withdraw his transfer request.

As for the guys at Peterborough I hope they go away, but I’ve a feeling there will be more shenanigans over a certain player or two of ours in January.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Looks like Boro have someone on the Peterborough Telegraph sports desk on their pay...

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... -1-8601773
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pm

The last 2 lines are particularly bitter but I suppose you don't bite the hand that feeds you. When the wheels come off over there it is one reality TV show I would watch because they will turn on each other so fast.

Even in the photo Fry and numbnuts look like 2 dodgy gangsters on the costa del sol.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:41 pm

With one of the longest rap sheets in British football that goes back into the last millennium, and after being lied to ourselves, I'm worried about anyone that believes a word that Evans says.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:52 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:The other point to be made is if the delicate flowers over at Posh towers are so offended by our actions why not take it up with the authorities?? No they keep peddling it out in the press now indirectly saying they are still interested and further unsettling the player.

Trying to take the pressure off Fat Turds indifferent start to the season
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmad » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:55 pm

It's in the past now let's move on ,we've still got Danny and there loss he's going to play a big part in this seasons promotion
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stockportstag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:09 pm

After the Fatman's China lie, and Peterborough having to pay compensation to us, their track record tells me who is telling the porkies.

Fatman and Fry sound like an old fashioned music hall act. They certainly know a few stories to tell.
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dp1976 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Do they think we actually care ... "i will be ringing david to tell him " - you assume he will answer barry, absolute circus the lot of em, believe their own hype
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum