{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:No, it's nothing to do with America. It originated I believe from Liverpool University. Last time I checked that wasn't in America. Ignorance is bliss to you and Belly though. Anything other that gerrit forrerd, 4-4-2, big man little man, don't mess about with it at the back, is frowned upon as it's 'not english football'.

Ha ha ha, I was picking sides with three at the back in the 90's early 2000's Mr. oh so clever, Mr. modern football smarty pants. There was some old timer called Robson tried it in a World Cup once too you know. Although that was pre premier league so probably never happened.

You know what that space between the centre circle and the penalty box is called, it's called the space between the centre circle and the penalty box.

Congratulations, would you like some form of medal? I think football has moved on a bit since then.

Don't need any medals, I won them back then. Oh and if football has moved on so much from the early 2000's why are the Brazilian 2002 side still the only World Cup winners to play three at the back.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:No, it's nothing to do with America. It originated I believe from Liverpool University. Last time I checked that wasn't in America. Ignorance is bliss to you and Belly though. Anything other that gerrit forrerd, 4-4-2, big man little man, don't mess about with it at the back, is frowned upon as it's 'not english football'.

Ha ha ha, I was picking sides with three at the back in the 90's early 2000's Mr. oh so clever, Mr. modern football smarty pants. There was some old timer called Robson tried it in a World Cup once too you know. Although that was pre premier league so probably never happened.

You know what that space between the centre circle and the penalty box is called, it's called the space between the centre circle and the penalty box.

Congratulations, would you like some form of medal? I think football has moved on a bit since then.

The only thing that has moved on is fitness and nutrition. All the fancy Dan systems have been tried before at some stage.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Don't need any medals, I won them back then. Oh and if football has moved on so much from the early 2000's why are the Brazilian 2002 side still the only World Cup winners to play three at the back.

What has that got to do with anything?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Five pages of Stags related discussion before the stagsnet troll spoils it again.

Musings analysis was accurate and made perfect sense, even if the terminology he used was not for everyones liking.

Its nearly every thread - just grow up.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:40 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:And what coaching experience do you have ?
How many teams have you managed ?

My point was that whether you have coached or not has absolutely nothing to do with my post which you two found so hilarious, purely because you had never heard of the zone 14 or the ten zone as I described it. Another thing that has obviously gone over your head. Haven't you got some oil to change or something?

So no experience then. Stick to your PlayStation
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:42 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Five pages of Stags related discussion before the stagsnet troll spoils it again.

Musings analysis was accurate and made perfect sense, even if the terminology he used was not for everyones liking.

Its nearly every thread - just grow up.

Lighten up. I was taking the mickey. He’s the one who got his tits out.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:

What has that got to do with anything?

Your the one implying that being a 4-4-2 fan is old hat and not part of your utopian new modern football. Well it still seemed to work for France this summer.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:53 pm

As did three at the back for Chelsea.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:09 pm

I’m not too concerned at this formation or that. I was extracting the Michael out of the terminology.
Some people need to get a sense of humour and get out more. It’s to be noted that a couple of people who generally disagree with everything I post have made the same point.

Bloke is chatting crap.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’m not too concerned at this formation or that. I was extracting the Michael out of the terminology.
Some people need to get a sense of humour and get out more. It’s to be noted that a couple of people who generally disagree with everything I post have made the same point.

Bloke is chatting crap.

When you say a couple, you mean one.

Against more than one who agree you're being a berk.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Haha. No, more than one. And I’ve got enough enemies on here that won’t wait to jump in and have a dig.

Stick that one in your Ten Area and smoke it.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:34 pm

This constant baiting is driving me mad between some posters, you are ruining every single thread with this nonsense. Mods, can anything be done? it is becoming so predictable.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:36 pm

He’s not talking crap at all. He is spot on.

I’m hardly Pep, but I coach at Junior grassroots level and i’m currently half way through my FA level 2 qualification.

He is using terminology which is commonly heard on coaching courses and makes sense.
Last edited by kevin kents tasce on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby awalkinthepark » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I’m not too concerned at this formation or that. I was extracting the Michael out of the terminology.

Bloke is chatting crap.

When you say a couple, you mean one.

Against more than one who agree you're being a berk.

I agree with Belly on this one.
awalkinthepark
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:03 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Haha. No, more than one. And I’ve got enough enemies on here that won’t wait to jump in and have a dig.

Stick that one in your Ten Area and smoke it.

Really? I wonder why? :roll:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:09 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:He’s not talking crap at all. He is spot on.

I’m hardly Pep, but I coach at Junior grassroots level and i’m currently half way through my FA level 2 qualification.

He is using terminology which is commonly heard on coaching courses and makes sense.

Don't waste your energy KKT.

This is Belly's world and we're all just targets for his uncontrollable rage.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:24 pm

I guess that's why footballers stuggle to follow basic instruction, they're baffled by the bull. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Don't waste your energy KKT.

This is Belly's world and we're all just targets for his uncontrollable rage.

There’s no rage. :)

I was ripping the pee and you got all handbags :)

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:26 pm

london amber stag wrote:This constant baiting is driving me mad between some posters, you are ruining every single thread with this nonsense. Mods, can anything be done? it is becoming so predictable.

Once again, I was taking the piss. He and others got all bent out of shape but it’s my fault isn’t it?

Why not just make me a foe and your life will be less driven and you won’t have to drip off to the mods.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:29 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:34 pm

Sneag wrote:I guess that's why footballers stuggle to follow basic instruction, they're baffled by the bull. :lol:

You’re probably right!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:09 pm

So if the 14 zone is the bit between the centre circle and the semi circle on the penalty area why isn't it all shown as area 14 on the diagram?. It clearly ends somewhat short of the centre circle.

I bet this has been designed by an academic who has re-invented the wheel to a design called other than a wheel. Knowledge is power or so the ones with little practical ability think. It looks just like painting by numbers which as we all know was invented to help those without the ability to work it our for themselves. The painting never looks as good though does it?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Things are getting too complicated. Like the journey from M block in the IGU down to the touchline to collect my 50:50 draw winnings at half-time.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

So if the 14 zone is the bit between the centre circle and the semi circle on the penalty area why isn't it all shown as area 14 on the diagram?. It clearly ends somewhat short of the centre circle.

I bet this has been designed by an academic who has re-invented the wheel to a design called other than a wheel. Knowledge is power or so the ones with little practical ability think. It looks just like painting by numbers which as we all know was invented to help those without the ability to work it our for themselves. The painting never looks as good though does it?

Do you know what it looks like Dave, it looks very similar to the free pullout the Radio Times used to give out in the late 1920's and early 1930's so listeners would know where the action was taking place. New and modern football eh. Pure geniuses these kids today so forward thinking it's scary ha ha ha .

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/bac ... e-one.html
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Yes it does

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum