{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 am

Round the corner channel ball

Collect the bell beteeen the lines.

Defended the 10 zone

Bwahahaha.

Hark at Gary Neville
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:03 am

Gary Neville, that's a modern one for you.

You're so boring Whiffy, you disguise your lack of football knowledge by trying to belittle those that have it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Agreed it was a very average performance. We created next to nothing. Colchester completely shut down our best outlet so far this season in Mal Benning, who barely touched the ball during the whole game. Khan and morseo Butcher played too high meaning they were unable to come and collect the bell between the lines. Colchester defended the ‘10 zone’ very well. Everything seemed a bit laboured, balls getting caught under foot and passes too slow or behind each other. I think we missed Preston’s distribution, as well as Bishops, as MacDonalds was largely poor. He must’ve played the round the corner channel ball 10 times yesterday and it didn’t come off once.

I just got a bull bingo full house.

Have you been reading your own posts again?

Sorry if I used some terms that aren't from the Jurassic age, I'll draw you a diagram if you like.

What the flip is the 10 zone, other than a raspberry Americanism that has no place in football. Yes that's football not soccer.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:17 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Gary Neville, that's a modern one for you.

You're so boring Whiffy, you disguise your lack of football knowledge by trying to belittle those that have it.

I very rarely agree with Bell end but you do sound like a dodgy yank .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 am

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Agreed it was a very average performance. We created next to nothing. Colchester completely shut down our best outlet so far this season in Mal Benning, who barely touched the ball during the whole game. Khan and morseo Butcher played too high meaning they were unable to come and collect the bell between the lines. Colchester defended the ‘10 zone’ very well. Everything seemed a bit laboured, balls getting caught under foot and passes too slow or behind each other. I think we missed Preston’s distribution, as well as Bishops, as MacDonalds was largely poor. He must’ve played the round the corner channel ball 10 times yesterday and it didn’t come off once.

Sorry if I used some terms that aren't from the Jurassic age, I'll draw you a diagram if you like.

What the flip is the 10 zone, other than a raspberry Americanism that has no place in football. Yes that's football not soccer.

Well, it's actually known as zone 14, but I thought more people may understand it as 'the ten zone'. It's known as 'the golden square' and is the central area of the pitch between the centre circle and the penalty area of the goal you are attacking. It's the most desired area of the pitch a team tries to get into. Khan and Davies have both scored from there in the home games. It's also the area from which most assists come.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:29 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Well, it's actually known as zone 14, but I thought more people may understand it as 'the ten zone'. It's known as 'the golden square' and is the central area of the pitch between the centre circle and the penalty area of the goal you are attacking. It's the most desired area of the pitch a team tries to get into. Khan and Davies have both scored from there in the home games. It's also the area from which most assists come.

So it's a raspberry Americanism, that has no place in football, you've used to try and look super clever but come over as a dick.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 am

No, it's nothing to do with America. It originated I believe from Liverpool University. Last time I checked that wasn't in America. Ignorance is bliss to you and Belly though. Anything other that gerrit forrerd, 4-4-2, big man little man, don't mess about with it at the back, is frowned upon as it's 'not english football'.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 am

That’s tories for you!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 am

MTFCMusings wrote:No, it's nothing to do with America. It originated I believe from Liverpool University. Last time I checked that wasn't in America. Ignorance is bliss to you and Belly though. Anything other that gerrit forrerd, 4-4-2, big man little man, don't mess about with it at the back, is frowned upon as it's 'not english football'.

Oh dear. BY is spot on. You’ve posted a load of crap and been exposed as a dick.

You make some pretty big assumptions about my lack of knowledge of the coaching side and me in general. This isn’t about me. This is about you sounding like one of the fake Yanks on Boston Goals.

You are the big expert sitting up there in the bleachers :) :)

PK! Expelled !

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:59 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:

That’s tories for you!

Haha. Who are you again ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Oh look the board's bully is at it again. Belittling others for what reason exactly? His analysis is spot on... you wouldn't know though bully boy as you don't watch us play.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:No, it's nothing to do with America. It originated I believe from Liverpool University. Last time I checked that wasn't in America. Ignorance is bliss to you and Belly though. Anything other that gerrit forrerd, 4-4-2, big man little man, don't mess about with it at the back, is frowned upon as it's 'not english football'.

Oh dear. BY is spot on. You’ve posted a load of crap and been exposed as a dick.

You make some pretty big assumptions about my lack of knowledge of the coaching side and me in general. This isn’t about me. This is about you sounding like one of the fake Yanks on Boston Goals.

PK! Expelled !

If I'm being considered a dick by the likes of yourself I take that as a success Belly.

As I said, ignorance to new methods and terms from performance analysis is all considered codswallop to you.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

That’s tories for you!

Haha. Who are you again ?

Pathetic :lol:
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Jamie wrote:Oh look the board's bully is at it again. Belittling others for what reason exactly? His analysis is spot on... you wouldn't know though bully boy as you don't watch us play.

Haha. You’re funny. I’m going on Tuesday. Come find me.

There’s no bullying you tool. His post was hilarious.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:22 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

PK! Expelled !

If I'm being considered a dick by the likes of yourself I take that as a success Belly.

As I said, ignorance to new methods and terms from performance analysis is all considered codswallop to you.

Ignorance of new methods

Bwahahaha.

Performance analysis

Bwahahaha.

You’re hilarious.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Looking back it's incredible how much we missed Davies physical side of things upfront - He's got to start the next game. Danny Rose looks raring to go for me too, what a threat to have on the bench when things get tough. If he does stay I can see him forcing his way in to the starting eleven pretty soon.

I'm not sure on MacDonald ATM - Loads of effort and put in some good tackles down to that but his passing was poor. I would consider dropping him.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

PK! Expelled !

Ignorance of new methods

Bwahahaha.

Performance analysis

Bwahahaha.

You’re hilarious.

Stick to chats about motorbikes Belly, you're less out of your depth in the non-football thread.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:34 pm

A very frustrating game. David Flitcroft made a brave decision to stick to the team that beat Accrington 6-1 (apart from Conrad Logan) and leave Craig Davies on the bench. Colchester came with a game plan to frustrate the Stags and nullify the attacking threat of Mansfield. They played five in midfield and played narrow which made it very difficult for the Stags’ players to thread balls through the centre of midfield to Otis Khan and Calum Butcher. They also pressed hard in midfield which made us play the ball back to our defenders who then resorted to trying to play long diagonal balls out wide which did not work. We also needed to up the tempo but Colchester slowed the game down at all opportunities. Gareth Ainsworth would have been proud. We kept going though and a wonder goal from Craig Davies on 82 minutes changed the game. I think it was our first shot on target. We should have won the game from there but we made the same mistake again of starting to drop back and not keeping possession of the ball. However we had the game in the bag and it was only Logan’s howler at the end that cost us. It was the second goal we have conceded this season from a long throw.

I thought Krystian Pearce and Alex MacDonald were our best players followed by Ryan Sweeney. David Flitcroft was right to bring Craig Davies on for Calum Butcher but I would have left Otis Khan on and took Tyler Walker off for Danny Rose. I would also have thought about taking Mal Benning off for Will Atkinson so CJ Hamilton could have 20 minutes bombing down the left. He works hard on the right but he does not have the same attacking threat as he often slows down to try and cut inside on to his left. When he does go outside he then struggles to put in a decent cross with his right foot.

If we are aiming for promotion then we should be aiming for at least four points from the away trips to Tranmere and Macclesfield. I was hoping for 10 points from our first five games but I’ll settle for 9. 11 would be fantastic.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Agree Darren, I also thought Benning should have been taken off and CJ switched. Benning was as ineffective as I can remember for a long time. I also would've left Khan on as he is capable of creating a moment out of nothing.

I don't see why we haven't tried Benning on the right and CJ on the left. Benning likes to cut inside anyway and obviously likes a strike from distance.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

PK! Expelled !

Ignorance of new methods

Bwahahaha.

Performance analysis

Bwahahaha.

You’re hilarious.

Stick to chats about motorbikes Belly, you're less out of your depth in the non-football thread.

Haha. Lighten up Marvin.

Go into business. You’ll smash it.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Ha ha ha, I was picking sides with three at the back in the 90's early 2000's Mr. oh so clever, Mr. modern football smarty pants. There was some old timer called Robson tried it in a World Cup once too you know. Although that was pre premier league so probably never happened.

You know what that space between the centre circle and the penalty box is called, it's called the space between the centre circle and the penalty box.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Big yella wrote:

Ha ha ha, I was picking sides with three at the back in the 90's early 2000's Mr. oh so clever, Mr. modern football smarty pants. There was some old timer called Robson tried it in a World Cup once too you know. Although that was pre premier league so probably never happened.

You know what that space between the centre circle and the penalty box is called, it's called the space between the centre circle and the penalty box.

Let’s agree to call it Doris.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:56 pm

Big yella wrote:

Congratulations, would you like some form of medal? I think football has moved on a bit since then.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:02 pm

And what coaching experience do you have ?
How many teams have you managed ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:And what coaching experience do you have ?
How many teams have you managed ?

My point was that whether you have coached or not has absolutely nothing to do with my post which you two found so hilarious, purely because you had never heard of the zone 14 or the ten zone as I described it. Another thing that has obviously gone over your head. Haven't you got some oil to change or something?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum