{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Did ok today. Davies was superb when he came on, bring him in for Mellis next game...Not sure what Mellis brings to the side other than simple 6 yard passes.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:48 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:why didn’t he punch it ?

We really need to give Bobby Oil Rig his chance.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Good performance today. They are a good organised side and came to make life difficult. We kept our patience and carved out a very good goal to win the game. We have been let down by an absolute buffoon! He's been dodgy since he came and needs removing - not good enough if we want to progress
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Waggy wrote:Good performance today. They are a good organised side and came to make life difficult. We kept our patience and carved out a very good goal to win the game. We have been let down by an absolute buffoon! He's been dodgy since he came and needs removing - not good enough if we want to progress

Buffoon? Surely not THAT good?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Just got back from the game, does feel like a defeat, but Colchester are a decent side. Difficult to break down. Looked better after our subs came on. Sweeney was my MOM, a very good replacement for Preston. Midfield worked hard but lacked penetration. I still think CJ is better on the left wing and far more destructive. Rose won every header when he came on and put a shift in. Davies gives you strength and holds the ball well. A cracking strike, go again Tues. COYS
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stag95 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:54 pm

We didn't deserve to win. Neither side had a clear cut chance all game. Much better from us second half but they were very difficult to break down. I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging for the playoffs.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Breaking two hoodoo's in one week would have been a little to much to ask.

Disappointed yes, better than a last minute defeat although felt like it.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:55 pm

I feel like we've lost . I agree with others , I dont think we deserved 3 points but to have it taken away so late hurts . We played some nice football but didn't create that much . Saying that , when we went one up I thought it was game over as I couldn't see Colchester scoring . I'm not sure if Flitcroft did is homework because Davies should of started against a big physical team . It looked lied a mistake from Logan . I always worry at corners or balls into the box . It would of nee nice to have been joint top but not a bad start to the season .
Three games on and weve already been without Preston , Davies and the controversial ongoings with Rose . We will get even stronger .
Onwards and upwards .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:56 pm

UNBEATEN
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Need to get rid of this psychological trait that we think we’re good enough to see games out... when was the last solid 1-0 win at home? We drew far far too many games last season which ultimately saw us fall short
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Did ok today. Davies was superb when he came on, bring him in for Mellis next game...Not sure what Mellis brings to the side other than simple 6 yard passes.

Davies can really belt a football. What a strike.

Best striker of a ball we've had for a long time. Briscoe was decent, but Davies has power and accuracy.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned the completely needless free kick Walker gave away which led up to this, showed his inexperience.

Good point, they were a well organised side. Completely different to Tuesday, but I was impressed with the way we ground he game out. Rose looked fresh when he came on and you always felt something might happen for him.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Fitzy499 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:UNBEATEN

2 POINTS OFF TOP :D :coys:
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:51 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Disappointing that we were hit with the sucker punch.

Those long throws are always a lottery.

We used to (some time ago), put a player near to the guy throwing the ball in.

Used to work, but you don't see it much these days.

On the plus side we are still unbeaten and have found a striker who is not afraid to shoot and is accurate.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:55 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Sky sports video

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... colchester

Christ. It looked bad live, it looks even worse on there.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Stag95 wrote:

Yes it was awful.

Davis goal with his left foot was Fantastic
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Stag95 wrote:

Yes it was awful.

Davis goal with his left foot was Fantastic

It doeant look that bad. I mean he should do better but he also looks slightly impeded by the group infront of him. He should have just agressively gone right through everyone to punch that anywhere.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Colchester are a decent away outfit. We were poor imo and they beat us to the ball time and time again first half. I thought we had got away with a good win. Feels like a loss. Also without Davies up front who was superb, we looked so lightweight. 5 from 9 ain’t bad though!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:14 pm

A really disappointing end to the day. I feel for the boys because they properly grafted in that second half and deserved the three points against a side that came for a point and did little to earn one.

Problem is that the result of today is something we've witnessed countless times over the last few years. Failing to see out a single goal lead against a team that created nothing all afternoon.

I completely blame myself. I must have commented about thirty seconds beforehand that this had been exactly the sort of game that we'd been chucking for years but this team is different, they were fighting, retaining the ball, never looking threatened. Then Connie threw one in and spoilt all of that very hard fought and well deserved work.

Gutted tonight. Gutted in that way that we as Mansfield Town fans are more familiar with than our own mother's.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A really disappointing end to the day. I feel for the boys because they properly grafted in that second half and deserved the three points against a side that came for a point and did little to earn one.

Problem is that the result of today is something we've witnessed countless times over the last few years. Failing to see out a single goal lead against a team that created nothing all afternoon.

I completely blame myself. I must have commented about thirty seconds beforehand that this had been exactly the sort of game that we'd been chucking for years but this team is different, they were fighting, retaining the ball, never looking threatened. Then Connie threw one in and spoilt all of that very hard fought and well deserved work.

Gutted tonight. Gutted in that way that we as Mansfield Town fans are more familiar with than our own mother's.

Yep. Definitely your fault , Doomie
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:26 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A really disappointing end to the day. I feel for the boys because they properly grafted in that second half and deserved the three points against a side that came for a point and did little to earn one.

Quite right. It's always said we need to be 2 up near the end because we always tend to concede late
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:35 pm

The unforced errors have to stop. It's costing us dearly. The argument that they are 4th division footballers doesn't cut the mustard because if it carries on that's what they'll stay.

Logan has gone past the tolerance level now - he has to go. Bobby O needs to come in now and show us what he's made of
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Tawnystag wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned the completely needless free kick Walker gave away which led up to this, showed his inexperience.

Good point, they were a well organised side. Completely different to Tuesday, but I was impressed with the way we ground he game out. Rose looked fresh when he came on and you always felt something might happen for him.

The free kick didn't lead to the equaliser. The free kick was cleared well away. It then went out for a throw-in on the halfway line. Following that throw-in from the halfway line, they pushed forward and a shot from Mandron was pushed away by Logan for a throw-in, from which they scored. Perhaps if the shot from Mandron had come directly following the free kick then one could argue that the Walker foul may have been relevant, but it wasn't.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum