{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:39 am

:D Which any way we look at it i don't think were expecting such a scoreline and brilliant display from the team against our biggest Bogey team.
Be great if Danny removes request then i am sure if a proper club wants is services they do it in a proper manner.

With the powerful force of the supporters behind the team lifting them to produce such fine performances this is going to be one fantastic season to look forward too.

Super Stags 3 TheU's 0 Davies Walker & The Chief our Pearce

ALL TOGETHER AS ONE

:mtfc: :coys: :mansfield_till_i_die: :mtfc:
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by And The All Of US

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:56 am

Quality performance, but let's not kid ourselves that we can hit 6 on Saturday. As the Accy manager said "we had a youthful defence out there"

Colchester will be up for it

I will be happy with a 3 1 win
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 am

Let's not forget this is Mansfield Town. There's nearly always is a "after the Lord mayor's show" performance and result the game following such a result and performance. I reckon that Flitcroft won't let they happen.

Gonna go for 3-1 win with goals from Khan, Davies and Rose.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:17 am

Colchester have had a good start to the season, will be hard to beat. Heart says 2-0, head says `1-1.

Hopefully Sweeney gets a start, the defence looked shaky against Yeovil.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:19 am

A conundrum for the gaffer now in who to pick for Sat and I reckon it's gonna be tough for him. Players like Butcher will be straining at the leash to play.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:22 pm

We have now know that the squad can play the way Dave Flitcroft wants them to.

So without any delay I am going to go for two nil to the Stags and make William Hill a tiny bit richer.

Benning and Walker.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:55 am

After t'other night what team will he pick, back to two up front or the fluidity of one up front and others buzzing around, what a conundrum?

Me personally I think he'll stick to his 'league' team so i would bring in Butcher for MacDonald?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 am

gazza1988 wrote:Let's not forget this is Mansfield Town. There's nearly always is a "after the Lord mayor's show" performance and result the game following such a result and performance. I reckon that Flitcroft won't let they happen.

Gonna go for 3-1 win with goals from Khan, Davies and Rose.

Yes, that was going to be my next manager quote!
“After the lord mayor’s show”!

It will be interesting to see whether any of the fringe players force their way into the team after Tuesday’s performance and how if affects the side’s balance.

Colchester have started well, but i think we’ll do well at home this year. I’ll go 2-1 Stags but I think Colchester are good enough to get at least a point.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 am

2-2
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:46 am

I think a win is in order. Butcher has to start.

Think it'll be 2.0
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am

Butcher warrants a start in the League. Will DF rest Bish though, or will McD be rested?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Colchester are no mugs this season...Nouble, Szmodics, Harry Pell all very good in L2. They have got a young keeper apparently though who's done well so far....might be worth having some long range efforts or look to bully him at set pieces!

5-0 Stags
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby S7AGS » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 pm

They've also got Luke Norris up front from Swindon which Flitcroft should be familiar with...
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Different game to Accrington... a lot tougher, we won't get as much time or space on the ball. I would however keep butcher in the team, over MacDonald who I think needs a kick up the backside this year (as in having competition for his place)

Id also keep Sweeney in and move white to RWB

2-0 stags
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Different game to Accrington... a lot tougher, we won't get as much time or space on the ball. I would however keep butcher in the team, over MacDonald who I think needs a kick up the backside this year (as in having competition for his place)

2-0 stags

Drop CJ then? I want CJ in the team but I do think he’s a bit nullified at RWB, and I would not drop Benning.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Conker wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Different game to Accrington... a lot tougher, we won't get as much time or space on the ball. I would however keep butcher in the team, over MacDonald who I think needs a kick up the backside this year (as in having competition for his place)

2-0 stags

Drop CJ then? I want CJ in the team but I do think he’s a bit nullified at RWB, and I would not drop Benning.

CJ is of the sort of quality you build your team around, for me he is the best young player we have had since the Dearden (legend) era. Love Benning to bits, but CJ is better, I'd find a way to play both, which I think DF will too.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:49 am

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:

2-0 stags

CJ is of the sort of quality you build your team around, for me he is the best young player we have had since the Dearden (legend) era. Love Benning to bits, but CJ is better, I'd find a way to play both, which I think DF will too.

He has, puts CJ on the 'wrong' side and has nullified his threat imo.

He had a simple ball to put Walker away down the line in front of us at Yeovil last week, a right footer would have curled it down the line, cos CJ was left footed the natural curl took it out, it was only a five yard pass it was embarrassing
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:48 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:

2-0 stags

He has, puts CJ on the 'wrong' side and has nullified his threat imo.

Agreed - I don't think CJ Hamliton is a better player than Mal Benning at LWB either.

I agree he is a good young player and IMO our most valuable asset, but this 3-5-2 is nullifying his threat - although it must be added that it's also making us much more dangerous overall.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:52 am

It will be a tough game against Colchester. They are one of our bogey sides. We have only won 3 of the last 18 home games against them and 7 out of 25 in total. Hopefully DF is going to be the hoodoo breaker after the 6-1 win against Accrington on Saturday.

Sammie Smodzics is one of the best No 10s in League 2 and Brennan Dickinson is very good on the left. He did not play well at Field Mill last season but he had just returned after a long time out through injury. I thought Tom Lapslie played well for them in centre midfield last year and he was the MOM on Saturday..

They played three at the back against County (3-4-2-1) but then reverted to a back four (4-2-3-1) against Port Vale. They surprisingly left centre half, Tom Eastman (Player of the Season) and striker, Mikael Mandron, on the bench. They made five changes for the 2-2 League Cup draw after a virus hit the club. Mandron and Mullins made their first starts. They played a back four but John McGreal said they did not play well.

He said: “There’s no beating around the bush – defensively, we were really poor as a unit, especially the back four.... It’s food for thought for Saturday (at Mansfield). With the shape that we played (against Cheltenham) do we adjust it at Mansfield? We’ve got to bridge the gap with Mansfield, because we know that they’re a big team in our league.” I think the U's may revert to three at the back but then may struggle to include winger Courtney Senior who scored against Port Vale. If they keep the line up against Vale then they will be:

Possible U's line up

Dillon Barnes

Ryan Jackson, Luke Prosser, Frankie Kent, Kane Vincent-Young

Tom Lapslie, Harry Pell,

Courtney Senior, Sammie Szmodics, Brennan Dickinson

Franck Nouble
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 am

real market in the sand if we get three points today, COYS
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 am

wasn't Harry Pell one of Gary johnsons Cheltenham thugs last year?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 am

A back 4 and a middle 5 is the only way to play against us. Keep our midfield occupied, get our wingbacks tracking back, and our back 3 kicking their heels marking 1 player.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 am

Colchester's signings.

Signed (7): Harry Pell (Cheltenham), Noah Chesmain (Millwall), Bailey Vose (Brighton), Aaron Collins (Wolves - Loan), Ethan Ross (West Brom), Frank Nouble (Newport County), Luke Norris (Swindon Town)

They paid a fee for Harry Pell and Luke Norris. Harry Pell is the very tall midfield player who played for Cheltenham, AFC Wimbledon and Hereford. He's a good player.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:37 am

2 nil Stags
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum