{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Butcher (Off The Transfer List)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Butcher (Off The Transfer List)

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Looks like Butcher put in a transfer request in as well. Can't say I blame him to be fair, his treatment by Evans was abysmal. Perhaps the training was not of a good standard for him to flourish. You can see the difference the pre season training has made to players.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I think we should all calm down a little. We’ve no idea who’s decision it was to transfer list him.

It’s good to see he has knuckled down, but so far he’s had one good game. It would be wiser to wait until he’s had five or six.

You obviously didn't see him in preseason. He has looked a different player from the moment he stepped on the pitch in Portugal. Well done Butch.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:27 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think we should all calm down a little. We’ve no idea who’s decision it was to transfer list him.

It’s good to see he has knuckled down, but so far he’s had one good game. It would be wiser to wait until he’s had five or six.

You obviously didn't see him in preseason. He has looked a different player from the moment he stepped on the pitch in Portugal. Well done Butch.

I saw BPA, Retford, Derby, Sheff U, Sheff Wed and Rotherham. The only games in which I recall him doing anything of note were the games against the non-league teams.

As I say, if he does continue to play well, fantastic, we have a new player as I certainly had written him off. But I‘ll wait for a sustained run of league form.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Butcher should be one of the best players in this division, he's been good enough for a L1 promotion team two times. At the same time he's definitely a very high earner, but if Flitcroft can get the best out of him he could be the difference this season.

That being said, it's too early to suggest he's going to live up to his high expectations.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Maybe he had taken a wage cut and is now affordable?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

I saw BPA, Retford, Derby, Sheff U, Sheff Wed and Rotherham. The only games in which I recall him doing anything of note were the games against the non-league teams.

As I say, if he does continue to play well, fantastic, we have a new player as I certainly had written him off. But I‘ll wait for a sustained run of league form.

Like i say he's been a different player this summer to the one we saw last year. The difference being that Flitcroft is playing him in his correct position.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:38 pm

It was stated in the presser this morning that he wanted to go after the summer break. Probably a joint decision
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Just shows what a difference DF has made. Thank god that asshole left!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 pm

And after the vitriol aimed at the management at the end of last season, some on here need to seriously have a think about their comments

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:41 pm

oldweststander wrote:Maybe he had taken a wage cut and is now affordable?

His wages are most definitely contractual and something that cannot differ. Though his performances are.

Glad to see the posts are about his ability now and not his cost.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm

bellwhiff wrote:And after the vitriol aimed at the management at the end of last season, some on here need to seriously have a think about their comments

I agree completely, some of the abuse was well over the top and the calls for him to be sacked were utterly ridiculous. Yes it remains early days in the season, but we never, not once, played under Evans like we did on Tues night - not once!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:And after the vitriol aimed at the management at the end of last season, some on here need to seriously have a think about their comments

I agree completely, some of the abuse was well over the top and the calls for him to be sacked were utterly ridiculous. Yes it remains early days in the season, but we never, not once, played under Evans like we did on Tues night - not once!

Also include in this the first game of the season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:43 pm

I know. Let's spoil another thread with Rob telling us for the 1024th time now much he hated Evans and bellwhiff desperately trying to flame our fans for daring to have an opinion different to his.

The few times I've seen Butcher this season he does look like a different player. He looks motivated and up for the game unlike last year. Keep up the good work.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Jamie wrote:I know. Let's spoil another thread with Rob telling us for the 1024th time now much he hated Evans and bellwhiff desperately trying to flame our fans for daring to have an opinion different to his.

The few times I've seen Butcher this season he does look like a different player. He looks motivated and up for the game unlike last year. Keep up the good work.

Did we play a better game under your mate Evans than we did on Tues night Jamie? I can understand you being defensive, after all you are one of those asking for Flitcroft to be sacked after 5 or 6 games.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:I know. Let's spoil another thread with Rob telling us for the 1024th time now much he hated Evans and bellwhiff desperately trying to flame our fans for daring to have an opinion different to his.

Did we play a better game under your mate Evans than we did on Tues night Jamie? I can understand you being defensive, after all you are one of those asking for Flitcroft to be sacked after 5 or 6 games.

Ignore the belter

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:25 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Rob wrote:

Newport County? 5-nil “and it could have been 10” Also Luton for 80+ minutes? Grimsby 4-1? at the start of last season. Ok, they were few and far between and a different style of football but at the start of last season everyone was very optimistic/carried away.
Let’s be realistic, we are 3 games into the proper season and have every right to be optimistic again but it’s a long season. I hope we can continue our good form and style of play and will be behind the team and management all the way.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:38 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
Rob wrote:

Newport County? 5-nil “and it could have been 10” Also Luton for 80+ minutes? Grimsby 4-1? at the start of last season. Ok, they were few and far between and a different style of football but at the start of last season everyone was very optimistic/carried away.
Let’s be realistic, we are 3 games into the proper season and have every right to be optimistic again but it’s a long season. I hope we can continue our good form and style of play and will be behind the team and management all the way.

I am not sure those three games are worthy of mention in the same breath as Tues night, however, I do agree it is very early days. At the start of last season I too was hugely optimistic, probably more so than I have been in decades, so the way it ended makes it all the more sour. I think the manager needs at least a season to get his own players and style established, the fact we have seen such great progress so soon is very encouraging.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Evans was/is a pretty poor example of humanity but I think most of us were prepared to turn a blind eye to his bull in exchange for promotion.
Despite attempts by some to rewrite history the fact is despite never looking convincing Stags were in a great position when he left & were top of the current for table when he walked.
DFs tenure for the last 12 games was a disaster which ever way you dress it up. Where the blames lies for that is now irrellevant.
All that matters now is what happens this season and so far the signs are promising, what we've seen so far is what I think we expected last season given the budget & the hype.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:00 am

Sneag wrote:Evans was/is a pretty poor example of humanity but I think most of us were prepared to turn a blind eye to his bull in exchange for promotion.
Despite attempts by some to rewrite history the fact is despite never looking convincing Stags were in a great position when he left & were top of the current for table when he walked.
DFs tenure for the last 12 games was a disaster which ever way you dress it up. Where the blames lies for that is now irrellevant.
All that matters now is what happens this season and so far the signs are promising, what we've seen so far is what I think we expected last season given the budget & the hype.

Well said.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:49 am

Sneag wrote:Evans was/is a pretty poor example of humanity but I think most of us were prepared to turn a blind eye to his bull in exchange for promotion.

Thread killer!!! :P

What d'you want to do that for Sneagy??? We had the armament factories at full productivity, trenches fashioned and foxholes dug :lol:

There are some who will never like Evans (myself included) and some who will never like Flitcroft, and i think many know who they are and which way their guns are aiming! ;)
I can't ever see it being resolved, but while the managerial/player 'sniper potshots' still occur then it's bound to flare up now and then. Everyone should have freedom to express their thoughts, but likewise that freedom should include 'calling someone out' if their post is a slanted & embittered means to undermine someone or something.

In the meantime, for those waiting for the next instalment:

If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:59 am

is this thread still on about Butcher before i go back and read through?
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 am

laneymtfc wrote:is this thread still on about Butcher before i go back and read through?

It moved from Butcher and into butchery! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:19 am

Hahaha might go back and have a read then!
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Like almost every thread, it degenerates into a mud slinging campaign between a select few!

Back on topic...........I'm extremely pleased that Butcher has found a new lease of life playing for MTFC. More of the same tomorrow please.
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kernow » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Promising from Callum but a lot to prove yet after last season.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum