{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Accy Fizzy Pop Cup Scorefred sponsored by Who Are They

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Accy Fizzy Pop Cup Scorefred sponsored by Who Are They

Postby Bradders » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:56 am

Spiritater wrote:
Bradders wrote:Didn't realise that it was the League Cup and assumed that it was the Freight Rover and didn't take much notice (no, didn't bother to look into it carefully!). £20 is a price worth thinking about anyway.

On reflection, Yeovil cost a small fortune in fuel and accommodation (as well as the ticket) so I think I'll sit out this one. I'd probably have gone had it been £10.

But you went to Yeovil, paid full price for the ticket etc, etc.
If it'd been me I'd have spent the money at my club tonight and probably saved £100 into the bargain if I couldn't afford to do both.
£20 is a bit steep though but Accy'll had their say in fixing the price so it's not down to just MTFC as they get a cut of the takings.

I combined the Yeovil match with a short holiday and although I can afford the £20 tonight feel that it's been an expensive week and it's extravagant to spend another £20+. Plus there's a bit of hassle getting to and into the ground as you can't use a season ticket (I've seen big queues even at friendly matches). Plus it's a very uncomfortable stadium. Plus it's a low-key match that we're likely to lose. So there are discouraging factors to consider.
I can follow the match in detail from the comfort of home for free so it seems sensible on balance to save the money.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 am

2 Nil to Accy we can't compete with them and bogey team for us.
They soon got over there home defeat first game of new season thats for sure.
Sorry to be pessimistic!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 am

I think we'll roll them over. They'll play their second string, they haven't got the squad for a cup run.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 am

The hoodoo finally broken. 3-1 Stags.

Davies x2
Walker
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:37 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:no extra time this season, straight to pens if level at 90 mins.

And pens are back to the usual format (ie ABAB) after the trial of the ABBA format last season.

The winner takes it all.

Money, money, money

The name of the game :D

S.O.S
Anybody seen Danny is he

UNDER ATTACK :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 am

Looking at the ticketing site, we are going to have one of our poorest gates ever, or a mad rush at the ticket booths tonight.
Be prepared Stags!! I
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:39 am

Poor attendance... 12 away fans. Quarry lane closed... Wet and raining... 4-3 stags lovely bit of prize money
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am

As I've said elsewhere...

Carabao Cup prices for tonight (Adults) -

Nottingham Forest v Bury: £15
Leeds v Bolton: £10
Middlesbrough v Notts County: £10
Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday: £8
Macclesfield v Bradford: £10
Grimsby v Rochdale: £15 (all kids go free)
Oldham v Derby: £15
Port Vale v Lincoln: £12
MK Dons v Charlton: £12
Blackpool v Barnsley: £12

MANSFIELD v ACCRINGTON: £20

I can appreciate we need every penny we can get. But how on earth can the club justify charging loyal fans (the only ones really interested in tonight's game lets be fair) completely over the odds? At least give a fiver discount for ST holders or maybe an offer for kids. Reward the loyal fans!

I can't help but feel it's just a little bit short sighted from the club, especially after the disappointment of no 'early bird' on season tickets. (Although the QLE membership is a VERY good deal).
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am

No help from the referee either. Seb. Stocksbridge does us no favours.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:06 pm

We have to pay Walker and Khan and Bishop probably a big wedge don't forget!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:22 pm

WOW

my son who pays £16 for a home league game as a young adult is expected to pay £20 for tonight's match.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Stags v Cardiff in the 2nd round of the FA Cup last season were only £12, and that included the chance to be included in priority ticketing for the Man City game (after season ticket holders) should we have made it through.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:39 pm

In fairness, we usually are pretty good at pricing for cup games.

Maybe something to do with Accrington?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:57 pm

James wrote:In fairness, we usually are pretty good at pricing for cup games.

Maybe something to do with Accrington?

More likely that a small club like Accrrington refused to reduce as they can’t affodd!!!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Uppityrstag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:06 pm

If the price is so high because Accrington would not agree any lower, you would think this would have been made public. . One other tie not mentioned was Yeovil v Aston Villa . - £12 for adults. That is one tie tonight where you would not have blamed the home club for charging a bit more, but maybe their thinking is to try and get a good home crowd behind them .
Uppityrstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:23 pm

We have one of the biggest budgets in the league - I don’t blame JR for making it normal price.

If he had reduced the cost to £12, I don’t think the extra people it would have attracted would have been enough to make it worthwhile from a business perspective.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm quite optimistic about this one especially if it's a low gate. We normally play a storm when the gate is low and all the stayaways wish they had made the effort.

I'd like to see the strongest team possible but not Rose unless he has withdrawn his transfer request.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Random Hero wrote:As I've said elsewhere...

I can appreciate we need every penny we can get. But how on earth can the club justify charging loyal fans (the only ones really interested in tonight's game lets be fair) completely over the odds? At least give a fiver discount for ST holders or maybe an offer for kids. Reward the loyal fans!

I can't help but feel it's just a little bit short sighted from the club, especially after the disappointment of no 'early bird' on season tickets. (Although the QLE membership is a VERY good deal).

I think I shall take me bike out and get some air into my lungs, whoever decided that price needs to explain why. If Accy have anything to do with it, shame on them.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Uppityrstag wrote:If the price is so high because Accrington would not agree any lower, you would think this would have been made public. . One other tie not mentioned was Yeovil v Aston Villa . - £12 for adults. That is one tie tonight where you would not have blamed the home club for charging a bit more, but maybe their thinking is to try and get a good home crowd behind them .

Isn’t the Yeovil- Villa game on sky sports so that’s why reduced price as club get tv money so can reduce prices.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Teapot » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:30 pm

£20 for this one has left me feeling like I have been mugged. A League Cup 1st round match we traditionally lose with not so much of a whimper. Normally put out a Reserve Team too. Regretting buying the tickets now but stuck with them so may as well use them. I think £10-15 would have been a fairer price.
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 pm

I've been going back & forth with this one, but I've come down on the side of fuggit. Too expensive to watch a reserve game, especially when compared to prices elsewhere.

Hopefully I'll jinx mayself and we'll get a win.

I think I'd have probably sucked it up against any other opposition, but frigging Stanley? The worst fixture in the footballing calendar.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Random Hero wrote:As I've said elsewhere...

This.

Although I'm going tonight I dearly hope I don't feel like hoovering my own eye balls out after a p##s poor performance at this price!
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 pm

I'm hoping that tonight DF is going to go up in my manager ratings by winning a League Cup game which is something Paul Cox, Adam Murray and Steve Evans could not do. I was very disappointed with the defeat to Rochdale last season as it was a big opportunity missed to make a bit of extra cash for the club. It will be a tough game against Accrington but I'm hoping we can do it. Winning at home is a good habit to have. COYS!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm hoping that tonight DF is going to go up in my manager ratings by winning a League Cup game which is something Paul Cox, Adam Murray and Steve Evans could not do. I was very disappointed with the defeat to Rochdale last season as it was a big opportunity missed to make a bit of extra cash for the club. It will be a tough game against Accrington but I'm hoping we can do it. Winning at home is a good habit to have. COYS!!

I'm not sure DF will go up in your estimations even if he wins the whole competition Darren.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm hoping that tonight DF is going to go up in my manager ratings by winning a League Cup game which is something Paul Cox, Adam Murray and Steve Evans could not do. I was very disappointed with the defeat to Rochdale last season as it was a big opportunity missed to make a bit of extra cash for the club. It will be a tough game against Accrington but I'm hoping we can do it. Winning at home is a good habit to have. COYS!!

I'm not sure DF will go up in your estimations even if he wins the whole competition Darren.

Guffaw.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum