{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Accy Fizzy Pop Cup Scorefred sponsored by Who Are They

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Accy Fizzy Pop Cup Scorefred sponsored by Who Are They

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 am

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Just got back what a cracking display by the team tonight. Went a goal down from a good move but didn't panic and set to an average Accy side. Brilliant by all on the pitch, a great display. Rose showed great humility tonight and even though not fully match fit worked hard when he came on. We'll applauded and no negativity from our fans. Butcher needs to come off the transfer list tonight, Sweeney had a composed debut but Walker and Khan are a master stroke. 11 goals in three games, This is a different group of players to the ones we saw at the end of the season, well done David Flitcroft, we looked fitter than Accy, so brilliantly shown by Macca who worked his socks off. Well done Stags, onwards and upwards.

This. One of the best performances I can remember for a long time, and certainly better than anything fatman and dodgy served up.

Every player was totally committed. Thought Butcher was a total revelation. Class.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:48 am

Fantastic night of football at the Mill. Everybody played superb.

Regarding Sean McConville, he was taken off and something was said to him by a supporter, this lead to him trying to get into the stand :lol: . Coleman and co was demanding to the stewards he was kicked out, which he was :roll:
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby grufti » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:59 am

There was some booing of Rose, which was a shame, but entirely predictable
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:42 am

grufti wrote:There was some booing of Rose, which was a shame, but entirely predictable

Hopefully it galvanises the lad to play for the shirt and the fans.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Lick » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:54 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
grufti wrote:There was some booing of Rose, which was a shame, but entirely predictable

Hopefully it galvanises the lad to play for the shirt and the fans.

Yes...........i hope so
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:15 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Tyler Walker, what a quality addition and a very astute signing by Flitcroft. The guy is awesome!

Hopefully shuts Spiritater up and exposes his stupid preseason comments for the foolishness that they were.

Come on.

Point out where I've slagged Walker off please.

Didn’t say you’d slagged him, princess. I said you’d made comment about being worried about his lack of goals in preseason. Which were daft.

But your post intimates I'm on his back more than Yorkie is on Flitcroft's which clearly isn't the case. Walker was a slow starter in pre season and I'm sure he'll have known that himself, but very much at the moment he's looking excellent.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:08 am

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Tyler Walker, what a quality addition and a very astute signing by Flitcroft. The guy is awesome!

Hopefully shuts Spiritater up and exposes his stupid preseason comments for the foolishness that they were.

Come on.

Point out where I've slagged Walker off please.

Didn’t say you’d slagged him, princess. I said you’d made comment about being worried about his lack of goals in preseason. Which were daft.

But your post intimates I'm on his back more than Yorkie is on Flitcroft's which clearly isn't the case. Walker was a slow starter in pre season and I'm sure he'll have known that himself, but very much at the moment he's looking excellent.

Not it doesn’t. You made foolish comments about his scoring record in pointless preseason games. That’s it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Get a room!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:18 pm

He gave an opinion. As many did and do all the time. Your problem is if you don't agree with it you then act like a bully or wait for the first possible chance to go back and pull someone up about it in a childish and usually abusive way.

Walker did look a little rusty pre season / slow to get going. The games I watched he struggled to get involved much, bar an excellent goal in one of them. Now's he's scored a few you can't resist the urge to play the bully again and stir up some trouble.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:17 pm

I echo what many have said about the game last night and was still trying to believe the class of touch and go and putting the ball into space when they scored.... but no one's heads dropped and they carried on playing some of the best football Ive seen anywhere. Kahn is an absolute revelation, Sweeney was so controlled in what he did and Butcher, yes Butcher ......well he ran his heart out, was physical in his presence, and was a revelation and I couldnt believe he was so different to the waste of space last season. Remember we didnt have Preston or Bishop who had both been immense in the game against Newport so absolutely buzzing.

One final point....so pleasing to see Bobby O command his area and give the defence confidence that they have a keeper who will come for the crosses he should do.....Logan may be a great shop stopper but his distribution is awful and you cringe and hold your breath at crosses and corners.

Just an immense night at Field Mill.....pity only 1600 saw it. Danny Rose must have had his heart in his mouth for the long walk from tunnel to bench but credit to the fans who applauded him and were rewarded with that DR smile.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 pm

I know Tyler Walker scored a hat-trick and the sponsors made him MOM but I thought CJ Hamilton, Callum Butcher, Otis Khan and even Krystian Pearce arguably had better games based on their overall performance. What do other people think?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Got to have some sympathy with that point of view Tippy.

Walker must get it for the hat trick but CJ just kept going and although he looks gangly does a very effective job. He played well on both sides of the pitch scored and had an assist.

Seems a little unfair to have to pick out any one player when so many made solid contributions.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Jamie wrote:He gave an opinion. As many did and do all the time. Your problem is if you don't agree with it you then act like a bully or wait for the first possible chance to go back and pull someone up about it in a childish and usually abusive way.

Walker did look a little rusty pre season / slow to get going. The games I watched he struggled to get involved much, bar an excellent goal in one of them. Now's he's scored a few you can't resist the urge to play the bully again and stir up some trouble.

Haha. Salty tears. Bless you.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Logan may be a great shop stopper but his distribution is awful and you cringe and hold your breath at crosses and corners.

Just an immense night at Field Mill.....pity only 1600 saw it. Danny Rose must have had his heart in his mouth for the long walk from tunnel to bench but credit to the fans who applauded him and were rewarded with that DR smile.

Every little helps ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Jamie wrote:He gave an opinion. As many did and do all the time. Your problem is if you don't agree with it you then act like a bully or wait for the first possible chance to go back and pull someone up about it in a childish and usually abusive way.

He just cannot except other people have an opinion different to his, as i’ve said on many occasions Gripper is what he is :lol:
i await the normal pathetic response
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 pm

* Accept

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:21 pm

bellwhiff wrote:* Accept

:lol: there you go :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Interesting reading Accringtons forum on last night game, and their opinions of us! What an absolute bunch of jokers, suddenly think they're it and passing comment on our attendances :shock: :lol:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ ... 70133.html

AccyMad wrote:
smudgie wrote:Sounds like absolute pandemonium!! Yellow cards left, right & centre - typical Mansfield tactics & a ref who's lost his grip on the game

Typical Mansfield then !

andyd wrote:
Exile on Spencer St wrote:
AccyMad wrote:5-1 McConville limps off and has an altercation with fans in the stands.

What, both of them?

Their 'fans' I presume, not ours

Chrisr wrote:6-1 loss is dreadful. We obviously don't have a team that is anything like jelled. Although 6 changes is a lot the calibre of players we have should have been better than that' It was a mickey mouse competition anyway.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:47 pm

They of all clubs are in no position to comment on crowd sizes. Aldershot get more than them

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

He just cannot except other people have an opinion different to his, as i’ve said on many occasions Gripper is what he is :lol:
i await the normal pathetic response

T'is ok Yorkie lad I'm starting to feel a bit of sympathy for whiffy now. I wonder if there's a medical term for his condition and whether I'll see an ad on TV asking for £3 a month in support of sufferers of it.

I'd love whiffy to put up the 'foolish' posts and tell me why he thinks they are. I've a feeling he's got a waggler on and some sweetcorn for bait.
Last edited by Spiritater on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby waddostag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 pm

*accept
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:15 pm

waddostag wrote:

*accept

:lol: the lad keeps on digging.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Spiritater wrote:
waddostag wrote:

*accept

:lol: the lad keeps on digging.

Wrong
the lad keeps embarrassing himself on here post after post.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 pm

Give it a rest guys. This isn't banter. It has become vindictive and puerile on both sides. Get back to supporting the team we and you both obviously love. Please.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum