{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Accy Fizzy Pop Cup Scorefred sponsored by Who Are They

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Accy Fizzy Pop Cup Scorefred sponsored by Who Are They

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 pm

I thought everyone had a good game but thought Mal Benning contributed particularly well. He opened up Stanley at will and never stopped competing. A really soft booking probably ended his night to ensure he didn't get sent off but the ref shouldn't have put him in that position.

Although I agree CJ is at his best on the left, he is nowhere near good enough to displace Mal Benning. Nice to have the problem though.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:55 pm

I've been working in Leeds all day and didn't see the result until half an hour ago. Really thrilled for all involved. Flip-flop has set his stall out for an attacking side, he's made excellent signings across the park and hopefully it's going to pay dividends.

Not sure of the strength of the Accy side but we made a fair few changes ourselves and have to agree, if Butcher has come back as the player we were supposed to have signed then he might just be like another new signing and is possibly worth taking off the transfer list.

Also, well done to Wacker on his hat-trick. Not quite Iyseden first round of League Cup quick but nevertheless a noteworthy achievement. Onwards Flip-flops charges. Attack, attack, attack, attack.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Mellis was hacked down that many time in the first half no wonder he looked off the pace.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Forever Optimistic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:00 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:How did Rose do? What was the reaction from him to the crowd and the crowd to him? Also DF is doing really well so far this season, hope it continues. COYS

Missed the first half as I had to leave the ground with family emergency. Stewards were superb by the way, let me straight back in without even having to show ticket, credit where its due.

Made it back for the second half though. At the end DR first came over to the North Stand side of the IG and held 2 ends up for what I took as an apology, then did the same to QL side of IG. That'll do for me, we move on :coys:
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Forever Optimistic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:How did Rose do? What was the reaction from him to the crowd and the crowd to him? Also DF is doing really well so far this season, hope it continues. COYS

Missed the first half as I had to leave the ground with family emergency. Stewards were superb by the way, let me straight back in without even having to show ticket, credit where its due.

Made it back for the second half though. At the end DR first came over to the North Stand side of the IG and held 2 hands up for what I took as an apology, then did the same to QL side of IG. That'll do for me, we move on :coys:
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Fair play to him for giving us the credit we deserve.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Tyler Walker, what a quality addition and a very astute signing by Flitcroft. The guy is awesome!

Hopefully shuts Spiritater up and exposes his stupid preseason comments for the foolishness that they were.

Come on.

Point out where I've slagged Walker off please.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:22 pm

First time I've seen Sweeney and what a unit he is, looks massive on the pitch.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:27 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Tyler Walker, what a quality addition and a very astute signing by Flitcroft. The guy is awesome!

Hopefully shuts Spiritater up and exposes his stupid preseason comments for the foolishness that they were.

Come on.

Hopefully danny roses goal shuts your stupid comments up as well

Bwhahaha
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Almost 50 years of watching, and that game had some of the best football, and goals that I have ever seen a Stags team play. And that includes the Seventies promotion winning sides, and the team from the 2002-2004.
For the fans that didn't go tonight, believe me, the highlights will be well worth watching!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Bradders » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:53 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

Good of him to give credit, and to point out that the final goal was probably the best he's ever seen. It's unusual for a manager to be sporting about the opposition, as they're normally just too grumpy to care.
It's a pity that the club decided to limit the attendance by charging top whack. In my opinion they could have had another 1000 in the ground had they promoted the match correctly, charged an average admission fee, made it easy to get in, and not given the impression that there was going to be trouble.

But it's been a fantastic boost for all, whether at the ground or following from afar, and will encourage more support for the big match on Saturday.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Just got back to hotel in Budapest to see this madness! Wow, what a win!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:17 am

Coleman is class, always has been. When we got Evans we should have got him.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:03 am

True. DF is also. Great interview, great character. Could turn out to be one of our best
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:13 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I thought everyone had a good game but thought Mal Benning contributed particularly well. He opened up Stanley at will and never stopped competing. A really soft booking probably ended his night to ensure he didn't get sent off but the ref shouldn't have put him in that position.

Although I agree CJ is at his best on the left, he is nowhere near good enough to displace Mal Benning. Nice to have the problem though.

I was thinking about this situation and was thinking you could maybe switch them for the last 20 - 30 minutes depending how the game is going - giving CJ a run at the tired legs down the left.

He was unplayable in the second half.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:50 am

:) Well done , good for Danny , be better if he withdraws request and let the supporters know so everybody can get fully behind him :D
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Lick » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:59 am

Lick wrote:Rose?..........after a chat with DF..................will he feature?

So glad he did feature and scored, lets hope he continues to do so.

Danny Rossssse
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:31 am

In Coleman's post match interview he mentions money quite a lot and 'making a few bob' if they'd progressed. This to me says that the £20 ticket price (has to be said it was woth £20 of anyone's money) was not down to just MTFC. It has to be mutually agreed and if Accy insisted on a higher price then there's not a deal we could do about it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:32 am

Great football last night, some outstanding ball retention and passing.

As others have said probably the best football played at the Mill for a good few years.

I know we're going to come unstuck this season at some point, but if they can maintain that spirit and ethos then i think we're in for a hell of a ride.

Just slightly of topic, can anyone shed any light on what happened behind the dugouts last night, we were sat right down in B block and all we saw/heard was a load of commotion and it looked as if all hell was breaking loose?
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Kernow » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:40 am

Typical SkySports News, topscorers on the night Blackburn 5-1. Just about right for coverage of the Stags. Brilliant night, loved every minute,
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

Somebody had a go at a Mcconville and who wouldn't the bloke is an absolute helmet.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:44 am

manssmooth wrote:Great football last night, some outstanding ball retention and passing.

As others have said probably the best football played at the Mill for a good few years.

I know we're going to come unstuck this season at some point, but if they can maintain that spirit and ethos then i think we're in for a hell of a ride.

Just slightly of topic, can anyone shed any light on what happened behind the dugouts last night, we were sat right down in B block and all we saw/heard was a load of commotion and it looked as if all hell was breaking loose?

I think their no 11 took exception to a comment from a stags fan as he was substituted. He made to confront the fan and was pulled back by his manager (to his credit) who clearly didn't want an over reaction. Handbags at dawn stuff by a very Mardy player.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 am

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Come on.

Point out where I've slagged Walker off please.

Didn’t say you’d slagged him, princess. I said you’d made comment about being worried about his lack of goals in preseason. Which were daft.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum