{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:26 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm

my detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:30 pm

my player ratings now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:21 pm

Thought Pearce was terrible in the first half but became our most composed defender in the second. The defence distribution was worrying throughout though, hopefully DF gets to work on this for the better teams!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:55 am

I thought Stags passed the ball well in the first half, and despite some poor defending for both goals, certainly should have been in front at half time. With the advantage of the wind in the second half, I expected us to take advantage, but for the first half of the 2nd period, it was like watching a different team. They couldn't get hold of the ball, and seemed rushed in possession when they did vet it.
All the new signings showed what they can bring to the team, but also demonstrated why they are playing in League 2, with occasional poor passes, rushed clearances and missed chances.
Yeovil are not a bad team, and have a lot of pace up front that will cause problems for a number of teams.
Disappointed that we didn't get 3 points, but it's an away game early in the season at one of the furthest destinations.
Lots of promise in this team, despite a scrappy performance today. If they can play like they did in the last 30 minutes of the first half, this will be a great season, but if they play like they did in the first 15 minutes of each half, it will be frustrating for everybody.

l'm not sure if there was a man of the match for me, I liked the energy of Bishop, Khan and Macca in midfield, each of them breaking up play and trying to create things. If I was pushed, then Davies put a good shift in and deserved his goal, but should have had a second...
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 am

I think that's a fair summary of the performance overall Gruff, but where I would perhaps disagree would be regarding out centre midfield, which at times seemed to have massive holes in it, paricularly in those two 15 minute spells.

We seem to be set up to cope with teams getting behind the wingbacks and pinging crosses in. Yesterday our problems seemed to be when Yeovil went through the middle.

We did alright yesterday, got a point when playing below par, showed guts to come from behind twice and looked a threat against a side that came within a whisker of keeping a clean sheet with 9men last week.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am

report tweaked in one or two places after going through the game again from two camera angles.
http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=936

A few free videos at midday. My extended ("club") highlights, 19 minutes included loads of pitchside footage, once loaded on iFollow.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum