{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Paul N missing a trick?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Paul N missing a trick?

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:The easy option is to go with the generic high street freezer rammel that can be bought anywhere.

The creative thing to do is to forge a partnership with a decent local bakery.

I've not bought a pie for years and years. Frankly they're crap, overpriced and as satisfying as sitting on a wet toilet seat.

Totally agree. For years and years this club has been trying to cut costs, and now we're investing in all other aspects of the club but the poor choice of rank unhealthey food really lets the club down. The club is a pillar of the community and has a duty to provide good food and in some instances educate about a healthy balanced diet.

Kidderminster away in our conference days was always a treat knowing that youd get a delicious moussaka, lasagna or Sheppards pie.

The Mint could and should do some sort of curry too.

Im not suggesting dont have crap pies but at least offer something better. It would sell.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Hey c'mon now they used to do stuff in the SP pre match that was decent and there'd be bucket loads left after the game that they'd end up chucking. A curry last weekend wouldn't have sold many as it was too bloody hot. I remember t'club doing alternative stuff before and they've had to pack in as it didn't sell. All most folk want at HT is a bottle of beer or a hot drink and a pie (preferably hot) to ram in their gob.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:17 pm

This has been the hottest summer in 42 years and the season runs all through winter, so last week was hardly a typical of a normal Saturday at the wonk 'tater.

The alternative stuff as I recall was cottage pies, and while they were a good idea in principle, the quality wasn't great.

There's nowt wrong with a traditional pie, but does it have to be getting on for double the price of the same product in a chippy?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Spiritater wrote:Hey c'mon now they used to do stuff in the SP pre match that was decent and there'd be bucket loads left after the game that they'd end up chucking. A curry last weekend wouldn't have sold many as it was too bloody hot. I remember t'club doing alternative stuff before and they've had to pack in as it didn't sell. All most folk want at HT is a bottle of beer or a hot drink and a pie (preferably hot) to ram in their gob.

speak for yourself tater, I want a Sunday dinner with all the trimmings on a match day ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Here are the prices of food scroll down

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/tickets/family-tickets/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:42 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Here are the prices of food scroll down

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/tickets/family-tickets/

These are last seasons prices as they have increased this season.

Pie and pint now £6
Soft drink £2.50

Why are bottles of water so expensive? £2 is daylight robbery. Should be no more than a £1, even 50p.

Rip off Britain.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Sneag wrote:This has been the hottest summer in 42 years and the season runs all through winter, so last week was hardly a typical of a normal Saturday at the wonk 'tater.

The alternative stuff as I recall was cottage pies, and while they were a good idea in principle, the quality wasn't great.

There's nowt wrong with a traditional pie, but does it have to be getting on for double the price of the same product in a chippy?

Folk wont buy a curry, it'll be priced at 3-4 quid for a plastic chip carton full and folk'll not buy it. They'll moan on here post match that it was like somat t'cat's sicked up.
Pies are the simple easy way to go.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:This has been the hottest summer in 42 years and the season runs all through winter, so last week was hardly a typical of a normal Saturday at the wonk 'tater.

Folk wont buy a curry, it'll be priced at 3-4 quid for a plastic chip carton full and folk'll not buy it. They'll moan on here post match that it was like somat t'cat's sicked up.
Pies are the simple easy way to go.

Simple is just another word for lazy.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Seeing the folk behind the counter pies are best then.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 pm

The food at MTFC and many other clubs is defo below standard. I have yet to see any healthy options and don't think I ever will.
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:15 pm

FGR?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:22 pm

FGR ok a little better than the norm. But they do need to cater across the whole board. Not railroad you into healthy options
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stag861 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:53 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
sunray wrote:Based on last season our food offering was one of the poorest in league two other than the burger van.

Yeovil's was abysmal yesterday and more expensive than ours. My mate bought a sausage roll for his kid who took one bite and said he didn't want it, my mate had a bite and declared it horrible. Never one to shirk a challange I offered to finish the beast, and managed two bites before surrender.

How do you get the sausage 'meat' to boiling point and the pastry still be raw? That is a special talent.

As for our stuff I sampled it preseason, thre seems to have been a substancial price hike and the quality is piss poor. I won't be bothering again.

I had a pasty yesterday and it was very good :)

Last season they had no hot food because the glass on the warmer exploded and they wouldn't get any of the home fans pasties. This time they had no float so could only take the right money. My pasty was very hot but burnt on the crust. 3/10. Someone said they'd run out before half time. It's not that away fans have far to travel to Yeovil.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby sunray » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Clubs treat food as a cash cow without any imagination. Cheap pies microwaved at sky high prices.
Cricket give you a pass out to go across the road to bring back fish & chips or you can have pizza delivered to the ground.
MTFC should be the first club to offer an imaginative menu at very reasonable prices,
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:39 am

Clubs do treat supporters as cash cows.
£2 entry as an away fan to gain entry to their supporters bar here at Cambridge.

It was a bit like walking into a welfare when the pits were open, an obnoxious bloke in a school pullover wanting money for a little bit of paper.

Away fans coming to the Sandy Pate don’t realise how good they have it (apart from the horrendous queuing for beer).
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Clubs do treat supporters as cash cows.
£2 entry as an away fan to gain entry to their supporters bar here at Cambridge.

It was a bit like walking into a welfare when the pits were open, an obnoxious bloke in a school pullover wanting money for a little bit of paper.

Away fans coming to the Sandy Pate don’t realise how good they have it (apart from the horrendous queuing for beer).

Bloody hell, don’t mention the queuing for the (Sandy Pate)bar... I still can’t get my breath with this... how difficult is it to just pour a few beers in advance of the que getting big!!! God help us if we start to get bigger crowds turning up for games.. an absolute shambles and makes us look tinpot!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:52 am

Spiritater wrote:FGR?

Their foods is delicious... far better than most football club food.

I was working away at Fulham and the food the staff got was one of the best meals I've ever had!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:40 am

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

Bloody hell, don’t mention the queuing for the (Sandy Pate)bar... I still can’t get my breath with this... how difficult is it to just pour a few beers in advance of the que getting big!!! God help us if we start to get bigger crowds turning up for games.. an absolute shambles and makes us look tinpot!!

The Sandy Pate just isn't big enough unfortunately. It's a bar designed around sub 2500 gates. There's as many stand outside than inside at the moment, although once the weather turns they'll migrate to other places. For me the place needs to be twice the size - like the old Studs Bar was - however, of course, it's down to cash and space but the Sandy Pate does miss out on hitting its potential and it's inadequate for higher gates.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

The Sandy Pate just isn't big enough unfortunately. It's a bar designed around sub 2500 gates. There's as many stand outside than inside at the moment, although once the weather turns they'll migrate to other places. For me the place needs to be twice the size - like the old Studs Bar was - however, of course, it's down to cash and space but the Sandy Pate does miss out on hitting its potential and it's inadequate for higher gates.

Is it showing the Joshua fight tonight?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

When training moves to the RH Academy the club need to get a permanent marquee up on the old training pitch and get a match day village gradually built up. A bar in the marquee, one of those boards with holes cut in it for kids to kick balls at etc.

Or even better get more parking up there and use the front of Sandy's for the match day village.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 pm

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

Been tried mate and whoever is at the front says they don't want one of the "flat pre poorer ones".
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Big yella wrote:
thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

Been tried mate and whoever is at the front says they don't want one of the "flat pre poorer ones".

This is true, folk want the pint fresh out of the tap, not one that's been stood about for 10mins. You pay top whack now for it in t'SP so should get it fresh out the keg. I like to see mine poured, if you get a pre poured it could be a pint of slops for all you know.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum