{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Midweek games live on IFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Midweek games live on IFollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:00 pm

AndyStag wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:
AndyStag wrote:Why is this not simple for the slow of thought like me. Gone into purchase match pass but wants me to create ifollow account when already got one.

Just use your existing email and password

Thanks SOS but that's what we've done and it still want a us to create an account when we press purchase now.

Try contacting iFollow using the little speech bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen. They should be able to reset your account for you and get you up and running
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:06 pm

I've been waiting for the `reset password' email for 20 flipping minutes.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:
AndyStag wrote:Why is this not simple for the slow of thought like me. Gone into purchase match pass but wants me to create ifollow account when already got one.

Just use your existing email and password

Thanks SOS but that's what we've done and it still want a us to create an account when we press purchase now.

Try contacting iFollow using the little speech bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen. They should be able to reset your account for you and get you up and running

Thanks again already on it. Waiting for an agent. Asking them to sort it or make sure I'm not £10 out of pocket. If Sneag says it's 20 minute wait for password reset may as well give it up as a bad job. Those who can see it enjoy.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Got in on 31st minute. Once the agent was on it was pretty quick. Still robbed of £3.33 lol
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Is anyone else finding that it slows down then a few seconds later goes in double time to catch up. Not a great viewing experience.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 pm

No issues at all my end. Good internet speed is necessary for a decent viewing experience.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 pm

No problems here either running on a computer, great how you can wind it back to review incidents.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Playback problems, please retry later.

I want my money back.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:47 pm

Once I got on, it was good picture quality. Sound wobbled a few times but was otherwise okay.

Only downside to watching on the tablet was long balls into the box, you couldn't see who the pass was aimed at until it got there.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Generally speaking the quality wasnt qorth 10 quid. Wont be buying that again.

We're a few years off being able to do this sort of thing properly yet.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Sounds like results were mixed, I had it running in full screen on a 24 inch monitor and the picture quality was very good, not very much difference to the usual iFollow match highlights, just the odd break up of sound. Hopefully the service will improve for all, but I would definitely use the service again.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby M E » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Streamed it onto my laptop then plugged the hdmi cable in and watched it on the tv, fairly decent quality I thought.
M E
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Sound only broke up really when Martin went on one with excitement... not a problem just too much for it to handle/process. Picture quality was reasonable, would watch it again
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Sounds like results were mixed, I had it running in full screen on a 24 inch monitor and the picture quality was very good, not very much difference to the usual iFollow match highlights, just the odd break up of sound. Hopefully the service will improve for all, but I would definitely use the service again.

Same for me, I did notice the feed was a bit behind though, I was watching Sky Sports News and both half and full time came through about 30 seconds earlier - I wasn't worried about the free kick at the end because the full time had already come through!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Rob wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Sounds like results were mixed, I had it running in full screen on a 24 inch monitor and the picture quality was very good, not very much difference to the usual iFollow match highlights, just the odd break up of sound. Hopefully the service will improve for all, but I would definitely use the service again.

Same for me, I did notice the feed was a bit behind though, I was watching Sky Sports News and both half and full time came through about 30 seconds earlier - I wasn't worried about the free kick at the end because the full time had already come through!

Ive noticed the lag when looking at Livescore when listening to the commentary, the goal often comes up on Livescore before Martin erupts in either ecstasy or agony which ruins it a bit, I guess the answer is to stick with the one service.

Im not sure how I feel about it overall in terms of revenues for the club. Obviously fantastic for us tonight to be able to watch an away game, but for midweek games at home, a group of mates could sit round the TV rather than going to the game, thereby depriving the club of quite a bit of dosh.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 pm

I don't think it was a bad service at all. It froze a couple of times - as I expected it would - but I didn't miss any coverage. And I loved the overly biased commentary of 'Excitable' Shaw and 'Whispering' Dean Foulkes. I'd definitely pay for it again, despite feeling sorta like I don't like to think where this kind of thing is heading regarding away followings in the Football League.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 pm

thought the coverage was great personally. logged onto it easily enough (had an issue logging in but had a hunch Windscribe was to blame, which it was) watched on large tv through laptop, quality was great (noticed it was better after i plugged laptop in, and just left it alone to do its thing) one or two laggy moments but those are to be expected, we're not watching Sky Sports here. but yeah, would absolutely recommend :)
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:40 pm

[quote/]
Im not sure how I feel about it overall in terms of revenues for the club. Obviously fantastic for us tonight to be able to watch an away game, but for midweek games at home, a group of mates could sit round the TV rather than going to the game, thereby depriving the club of quite a bit of dosh.[/quote]

Geolock the location so nobody inside a 30 mile radius could watch live could be an answer
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:36 am

I got the password reset email at 21:35!

The live chat reset was pretty quick, but the email helpdesk is useless and the phoneline people go home before evening games kick off.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Bang on for me. Occasionally the commo seemed to be ahead of the action, but stopping and restarting the video seemed to correct it.

I still think as a 'product' £10 is a lot as it's no where near a finished article but I'll be doing again for sure.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Couldn't grumble for £10, picture was a bit 'laggy' but that was probably down to my cheap cable more than anything. Camera angle wasn't great either. But as a way to watch the match when you can't get to it, it's brilliant.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Using Smart Share, the match was just about watchable, although camera panning was a bit jerky (I guess due to the extra processing required - it was OK on the small screen). I'd probably want a better solution before paying £10 on a regular basis - watching on a 10" screen is unsatisfactory, and a full-size TV needs to be smooth. It all felt a bit too experimental to be worth paying a lot for.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Bradders wrote:Using Smart Share, the match was just about watchable, although camera panning was a bit jerky (I guess due to the extra processing required - it was OK on the small screen). I'd probably want a better solution before paying £10 on a regular basis - watching on a 10" screen is unsatisfactory, and a full-size TV needs to be smooth. It all felt a bit too experimental to be worth paying a lot for.

a laptop with a normal size screen should be fine. And it shouldn't be jerky.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 am

Apols is this is a basic question with an easy answer - but how does iFollow know if you are a home or away supporter? As I live in Liverpool every game is an away game so would also be interested in watching midweek home games as well as away games that I don't get to. I'm not an iFollow subscriber but do you have to pay a membership to a club that then determines who you support, before then purchasing a match pass? So to watch the home game against Oldham on Tues 2nd October would I have to pay a yearly membership to Oldham then a match pass as an 'Oldham supporter'?

Edit: Sorry, I've found the answer to my own question.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:31 am

Marky Mark wrote:Apols is this is a basic question with an easy answer - but how does iFollow know if you are a home or away supporter? As I live in Liverpool every game is an away game so would also be interested in watching midweek home games as well as away games that I don't get to. I'm not an iFollow subscriber but do you have to pay a membership to a club that then determines who you support, before then purchasing a match pass? So to watch the home game against Oldham on Tues 2nd October would I have to pay a yearly membership to Oldham then a match pass as an 'Oldham supporter'?

Don't know myself but I read earlier on in this thread that it doesn't matter, i.e. a Tranmere fan sat at home in Tranmere could have also streamed the game, it's open to all. I'm guessing the commentary you get would be determined by the site you bought the match pass through??
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum