{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Yeovil scorefred sponsored by Secure our 1st away win

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Yeovil scorefred sponsored by Secure our 1st away win

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:Anybody concerned about playing a opposition better than the likes of Arquin and Fisher though? Just feel like we are extra dangerous attacking so far in these first two games but look very shaky defensively in this new three.

No, its 2 games in, far too early to pass judgement.

Finally got back and the players just don't seem to be able to get to grips with 3 at the back.
Poor defending first half and their No 20 was first to everything in midfield and made our midfield especially Bishop look pedestrian.

Second half was more even and every time we actually played a bit of footy we looked likely to score but it wasn't often enough.
Khan looks fantastic but we can't get him on the ball enough, having said that we got him away down the right and he laid it on a plate for Davies to hit the winner but he fluffed it.
Time in my opinion for Macca to step aside if DF wants football to feet as once again he couldn't pass wind.
Overall a horrendous journey for a hard earned point but should have been 3 with the Davies chance.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:34 pm

I think Sweeny will start next week. White to right wingback. CJ to the bench.

CJ did okayish, in an okayish team performance, but he didn't offer a deal in the attacking 3rd. White is as quick as CJ and can ping a cross at full gallop.

Centre midfield were poor today.

Milli Vanilli was the best player on the pitch for me today.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:51 pm

I’m seeing potentially a weak spot down that right. I’m not blaming CJ though, he’s not a RWB.

This formation is limiting our most threatening midfielder last season (CJ) but at the same time it helps fit in Khan who you could argue has been our best player in these first two games.

I’m not going to get on to our lack of depth upfront again, but what I will say is the Davies/Walker/Khan trio will be a nightmare for any team in this division.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:the bench was weak of attacking options = fact

you think not?, explain

Which is not the point you colossal removed.

what are you talking about you clown, this post wasn’t even a reply to you, stop trollin your obsession with my posts is getting uncomfortable, face facts it’s never gong to happen

I think the bench was sensible for an away game

I have to say despite your comments you are one of the most negative and unpleasant posters on here ref Lee Angol

And when challenged please stand back - your normal responses is ooh Daren or ban him Marty.

In answer to a question on another thread are you ever pisitive -NO

Just saying
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:57 pm

I could have sworn I saw OSJ at about 1.45 at Yeovil. So maybe he sampled the YTFC catering and got the squits.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Sneag wrote:I could have sworn I saw OSJ at about 1.45 at Yeovil. So maybe he sampled the YTFC catering and got the squits.

he was there, just not selected for the 18.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:the bench was weak of attacking options = fact

you think not?, explain

Which is not the point you colossal removed.

what are you talking about you clown, this post wasn’t even a reply to you, stop trollin your obsession with my posts is getting uncomfortable, face facts it’s never gong to happen

I think the bench was sensible for an away game

I have to say despite your comments you are one of the most negative and unpleasant posters on here ref Lee Angol

And when challenged please stand back - your normal responses is ooh Daren or ban him Marty.

In answer to a question on another thread are you ever pisitive -NO

Just saying

what are you on about “ooh Darren or ban him Marty” get a life

i stand by my comments on Angol, lazy and in the end so did the manager that’s why he didn’t buy into his putting the work in on the training pitch so he was kicked out, so you lost that one too

not sure what “pisitive “ is? lol

we missed the attacking option of OSJ today that was a big mistake, could have changed the game for us
weak attacking bench as i’ve said from the start to the same few
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Khan was excellent today.He will score many goals this season and give lots of assists.CJ is NOT a right wing back.He is much better down the left.Walker and macca were average at best.Mellis is a different type of player to Macca but can create much much more.I would expect him to start on Tuesday.Overall a good point for us.Yeovil have some good players with good skills and movement.The number 21 was causing problems all afternoon.They should finish top half at least.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Decent result but we look far from dominant much work to be done and not going to be an easy season
Would have thought a win here could and should have been achieved
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Took a non stags fan today and he throught CJ was one of our better defenders! Only decided to tell him at the 60 min mark that he was at wing last season.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:51 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
we missed the attacking option of OSJ today that was a big mistake, could have changed the game for us

Ah, if only management were as easy as making the perfect Yorkshire Pud, me owd pikelet! ;)

I guess you'd need to know why OSJ wasn't on the bench to say if it was a mistake or last minute forced decision? While I'm a big fan of bigging up players, it might be a bit of a stretch to say OSJ would have scored, given his record so far? A nice option to have, but maybe not a match winner...yet.

A point away is always welcome no matter who it is, but i realise it's 2 points lost from the 138 you were expecting this season, bud :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:28 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Ah, if only management were as easy as making the perfect Yorkshire Pud, me owd pikelet! ;)

I guess you'd need to know why OSJ wasn't on the bench to say if it was a mistake or last minute forced decision? While I'm a big fan of bigging up players, it might be a bit of a stretch to say OSJ would have scored, given his record so far? A nice option to have, but maybe not a match winner...yet.

A point away is always welcome no matter who it is, but i realise it's 2 points lost from the 138 you were expecting this season, bud :P

According to those there, fit just not selected, he went with his mate Atkinson instead of OSJ, what i’m saying is from an attacking option i think the he balanced a weak attacking bench better, & to have come on with 20 mins to go, could have given us that bit of sparkle required as there was little else to bring on in that type of circumstance

oh well we move on
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:51 am

We'll see how much of an impact OSJ can make on Tues against Accy. I'm expecting a hat trick and two assists from him ;)

I feel Yorkie'll jump on any decision DF makes when it doesn't end with a win.
He doesn't like the bloke and never will and I doubt will ever give him any credit. Conversley if Richie Barker'd been in charge he'd have been more than happy with the start. Sorry Dave but that's the way I see it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 am

@ 2.02 pm 1st post after team news put on , callled it not after timing ;)
yorkshire stag wrote:No OSJ on the bench leaves us pretty weak up top if we change owt imo

two defenders 1 young striker ummmm to weak lad
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

According to those there, fit just not selected, he went with his mate Atkinson instead of OSJ, what i’m saying is from an attacking option i think the he balanced a weak attacking bench better, & to have come on with 20 mins to go, could have given us that bit of sparkle required as there was little else to bring on in that type of circumstance

oh well we move on

Not to mention the last 4 minutes of the game against ten men with only one forward on the pitch.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 am

Spiritater wrote:We'll see how much of an impact OSJ can make on Tues against Accy. I'm expecting a hat trick and two assists from him ;)

I feel Yorkie'll jump on any decision DF makes when it doesn't end with a win.
He doesn't like the bloke and never will and I doubt will ever give him any credit. Conversley if Richie Barker'd been in charge he'd have been more than happy with the start. Sorry Dave but that's the way I see it.

just pointing out ASJ was IMO (it’s a message board) a better attacking option from the bench than Atkinson

wow is this not allowed now ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:47 am

Steady result yesterday, just need to back it up with a win against Colchester and nobody at all can grumble with 7 points from 9.

Yeovil knew how to cause us problems with our formation, they were playing 4 up top at times and we were getting caught with balls over the top. Other teams will click on to this too so needs some work defensively as we could have been punished more by better teams. That said, we were very good going forward in the first half. We put some nice moves together and I expect us to create something every time we go forward which makes a pleasant change - Davies and Khan excellent in particular.

Second half slowed down for both teams but we were perhaps unlucky not to win it after creating 3 good chances. Even when we’re not in full flow going forward we seem to be creating good chances which is a good sign. Macca kept giving the ball away which was annoying, wouldn’t be all that surprised to see Mellis given a run out vs Colchester. Hamilton could have run at his man more in the second half, he seems hesitant to go down the outside now cos he knows he’ll have to cross with his weaker foot. He defended well though but not totally sure yet he’s our best option there for a full season.

We need a bit more depth on the bench too as there wasn’t much to change it, but sure that will be sorted in the coming weeks. Looking forward to Tuesday and Saturday.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am

As usual, an interesting thread has degenerated into the usual culprits arguing and back biting.

This site is supposed to be a fun thing, am I wrong in that assumption?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 am

oldweststander wrote:As usual, an interesting thread has degenerated into the usual culprits arguing and back biting.

Yes punch & Judy

Still figuring out which ones Judy :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:02 am

oldweststander wrote:As usual, an interesting thread has degenerated into the usual culprits arguing and back biting.

That’s more than rich coming from you of all people.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 am

Big yella wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Two nil to the Stags with a Mal Benning net busting goal.

The 2-0 punt league:-

Played Won Lost Cost
......2.…......0........2......£10

Last season's table:-

Played Won Lost Cost
......46.…..0........45......£225 (1 game missed FGR, Stags won 2-0 :lol: )

Amended
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm

As DF only made use of two of the three subs available, what does that tell you?
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:28 pm

part time pete wrote:As DF only made use of two of the three subs available, what does that tell you?

that he only used two of his three subs :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:55 pm

part time pete wrote:As DF only made use of two of the three subs available, what does that tell you?

he agrees Yorkie was right ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:59 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Steady result yesterday, just need to back it up with a win against Colchester and nobody at all can grumble with 7 points from 9.

Yeovil knew how to cause us problems with our formation, they were playing 4 up top at times and we were getting caught with balls over the top. Other teams will click on to this too so needs some work defensively as we could have been punished more by better teams. That said, we were very good going forward in the first half. We put some nice moves together and I expect us to create something every time we go forward which makes a pleasant change - Davies and Khan excellent in particular.

Second half slowed down for both teams but we were perhaps unlucky not to win it after creating 3 good chances. Even when we’re not in full flow going forward we seem to be creating good chances which is a good sign. Macca kept giving the ball away which was annoying, wouldn’t be all that surprised to see Mellis given a run out vs Colchester. Hamilton could have run at his man more in the second half, he seems hesitant to go down the outside now cos he knows he’ll have to cross with his weaker foot. He defended well though but not totally sure yet he’s our best option there for a full season.

We need a bit more depth on the bench too as there wasn’t much to change it, but sure that will be sorted in the coming weeks. Looking forward to Tuesday and Saturday.

I'd take a point against Colchester, they will be at the right end of the table this season IMO.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum