{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't spend any incoming zoinks on players - perhaps Radders needs to balance the books.

It might be more sensible to assume any possible incoming player would be a young loanee - someone like Bennett from Derby, perhaps.



Bennett very much part of Lampards plans at Derby.was it him who put in that superb cross for there last minute winner last night ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby dix-stag » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:22 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't spend any incoming zoinks on players - perhaps Radders needs to balance the books.

It might be more sensible to assume any possible incoming player would be a young loanee - someone like Bennett from Derby, perhaps.



Bennett very much part of Lampards plans at Derby.was it him who put in that superb cross for there last minute winner last night ?


It was indeed
dix-stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby kwambo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:37 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Rowe {AFCFylde) ? £200,000 ?


Ive been touting him since his first amazing season in the Northern Premier.

Id take that gamble myself.

Cheltenham have had a 6 figure bid for him rejected tonight.
kwambo
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:54 pm

They been after him a while..offered 25k originally. He’s on good money and I mentioned a year a ago to keep eye on him. Will take a big offer and wages to prize him away..
CassellsCap
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:56 pm

Cheltenham lastest offer has been reported at £150k.

They probably want £200,000.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:12 am

Unless Flitcroft has been tracking someone, the timings involved will probably mean a loan deal is the best we can hope for until January. Luckily, we are surrounded relatively by local Championship teams who might help us out.

Sheff Utd - Lavery
Derby - Bennett? I know he did well last night but they have Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Vydra
Stoke - Tyrese Campbell?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:14 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Unless Flitcroft has been tracking someone, the timings involved will probably mean a loan deal is the best we can hope for until January. Luckily, we are surrounded relatively by local Championship teams who might help us out.

Sheff Utd - Lavery
Derby - Bennett? I know he did well last night but they have Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Vydra
Stoke - Tyrese Campbell?

Problem with loaning someone is they will expect x amount of minutes.

After todays performance from Walker/Davies, not many people will want to come on loan to sit on the bench!
stagsfan6493
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:03 am

The rumour going round 1861 Suite today was that we've accepted an offer but Angol doesn't want to go.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:54 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Unless Flitcroft has been tracking someone, the timings involved will probably mean a loan deal is the best we can hope for until January. Luckily, we are surrounded relatively by local Championship teams who might help us out.

Sheff Utd - Lavery
Derby - Bennett? I know he did well last night but they have Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Vydra
Stoke - Tyrese Campbell?

Didn't Vydra go to Leeds from Derby? I know they bid for him.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2039
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby BigGuy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:04 am

The deal collapsed last minute
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:06 am

Grendon Stag wrote:The rumour going round 1861 Suite today was that we've accepted an offer but Angol doesn't want to go.


If he's willing to stay and fight for his jersey then that's good enough for me. Angol is more than capable of making an impression in our team.

The issue with Angol might well be to get a large earner off the wage list.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9289
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Grendon Stag wrote:The rumour going round 1861 Suite today was that we've accepted an offer but Angol doesn't want to go.


Its a horrible place, its dislocated from everywhere in the rest of the UK and it looks like they're in for another tough season.

Not maany selling points.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:27 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:The rumour going round 1861 Suite today was that we've accepted an offer but Angol doesn't want to go.


Its a horrible place, its dislocated from everywhere in the rest of the UK and it looks like they're in for another tough season.

Not maany selling points.


I thought they’d done a good job on the 1861 suite personally....

Maybe Angol will realise he might be part of a team that has a chance of success, Walker and Davies will do well to stay fit, unsuspended, etc all season so he will get a chance
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:11 am

I want him to stay. He’s got potential and could do well this season.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:12 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:The rumour going round 1861 Suite today was that we've accepted an offer but Angol doesn't want to go.


Its a horrible place, its dislocated from everywhere in the rest of the UK and it looks like they're in for another tough season.

Not maany selling points.


I thought they’d done a good job on the 1861 suite personally....

Maybe Angol will realise he might be part of a team that has a chance of success, Walker and Davies will do well to stay fit, unsuspended, etc all season so he will get a chance


I've still seen nothing from the club saying that Angol has actually asked to leave.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6617
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:08 am

Me neither. Rose has so can go. I’d like him to stay
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12293
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby Waggy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:00 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Unless Flitcroft has been tracking someone, the timings involved will probably mean a loan deal is the best we can hope for until January. Luckily, we are surrounded relatively by local Championship teams who might help us out.

Sheff Utd - Lavery
Derby - Bennett? I know he did well last night but they have Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Vydra
Stoke - Tyrese Campbell?


What about Forestieri from Sheff Wednesday?
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
User avatar
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby Jimstag » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:33 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Unless Flitcroft has been tracking someone, the timings involved will probably mean a loan deal is the best we can hope for until January. Luckily, we are surrounded relatively by local Championship teams who might help us out.

Sheff Utd - Lavery
Derby - Bennett? I know he did well last night but they have Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Vydra
Stoke - Tyrese Campbell?

Problem with loaning someone is they will expect x amount of minutes.

After todays performance from Walker/Davies, not many people will want to come on loan to sit on the bench!


I wouldn’t expect any of those names to be available but I would have expected Walker to drop to this level either so what do I know?!

I’m happy with Angol if he chooses to stay and he shows the correct attitude. It’s all down to him.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby Foxy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 pm

You might be onto something there Waggy.

Maybe that's what it was all about. Him saying he wants to play for us but our lads saying he's too much of a wimp. So in his best Argentinian/Spanish and Italian English accent he said

"I weeeel keel you"

"I weeel keeel you all, your mudda, your fathers, and all your ancestors".

;)
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:47 pm

I've said on other posts Angol was bought on a 4 game FA Cup run at Lincoln since then accept for the Yeovil game last season he's been lazy uninterested n for a big guy jumps less than his 6ft plus frame ..

Looking at the Grimsby result both are conference bound with Morecambe.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3631
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:06 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I've said on other posts Angol was bought on a 4 game FA Cup run at Lincoln since then accept for the Yeovil game last season he's been lazy uninterested n for a big guy jumps less than his 6ft plus frame ..

Looking at the Grimsby result both are conference bound with Morecambe.


Yeovil conceded 8 on the first day last season and stayed up.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6617
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Sneag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:I've said on other posts Angol was bought on a 4 game FA Cup run at Lincoln since then accept for the Yeovil game last season he's been lazy uninterested n for a big guy jumps less than his 6ft plus frame ..

Looking at the Grimsby result both are conference bound with Morecambe.


Yeovil conceded 8 on the first day last season and stayed up.


Let’s hope they leak goals NEXT Saturday!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6145
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Grimsby have bid for Angol Accepted

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:24 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:I've said on other posts Angol was bought on a 4 game FA Cup run at Lincoln since then accept for the Yeovil game last season he's been lazy uninterested n for a big guy jumps less than his 6ft plus frame ..

Looking at the Grimsby result both are conference bound with Morecambe.


Yeovil conceded 8 on the first day last season and stayed up.


Let’s hope they leak goals NEXT Saturday!



they also had two sent off, so not a good start for Yeovil
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4093
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grendon Stag, James, La Manga Stag and 26 guests