{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft, Preston, Logan press conferences

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Flitcroft, Preston, Logan press conferences

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Rose should stay if we have any ambition, unless the offer is in excess of £750k.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Rob wrote:
lifestags wrote:when has he looked good upfront? I cant remember one good performance from him in that position. He has come back a lot better this pre season but as stated he has only played Attacking mid or right wing back.

I guess that is because you only watch 1st team football lifestags.

So he played well in the reserves against other teams youth players? Angol scored numerous goals in the reserves last year and that didnt get him a regular run in the side.

At the end of the day he was a midfielder at Solihull and his best form for us to date has been in midfield, so to rely on him as a striker is silly.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:08 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Rose should stay if we have any ambition, unless the offer is in excess of £750k.

Totally agree.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Rose should stay if we have any ambition, unless the offer is in excess of £750k.

Do you not think this summer is a good time to sell him though? Say he is worth lets say 500k now after his impressive goal tally last season and he doesn't play much from now until January his value will decrease massively?

To sell them both this close to the season starting is ridiculous, but to sell Rose when he may not be the main man he was last season could make sense?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:21 pm

lifestags wrote:

Do you not think this summer is a good time to sell him though? Say he is worth lets say 500k now after his impressive goal tally last season and he doesn't play much from now until January his value will decrease massively?

To sell them both this close to the season starting is ridiculous, but to sell Rose when he may not be the main man he was last season could make sense?

Considering I think he will be at least our second top scorer should he stay till the end of the season, then no I don't think it would be the right time.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:58 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm

He'll defo get game time...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:49 pm

If Davies gets injured can you really see walker and Graham being strong enough in this league at the moment .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:52 pm

daddycool wrote:If Davies gets injured can you really see walker and Graham being strong enough in this league at the moment .

not at all. Graham might look promising in the PSF, but L2 football will be nothing like those friendly games. I want them both to do well for us, but I feel we'd really regret losing Rose . I think angol will become a good player over time too, Rose Angol Davies and Walker is one of, if not the best strike force in league 2
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Read DF interview why does he say we have 4 days to do business? Deadline day is next Thursday.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:23 pm

The One wrote:Read DF interview why does he say we have 4 days to do business? Deadline day is next Thursday.

Because he wants them in before we kick off.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:08 pm

daddycool wrote:If Davies gets injured can you really see walker and Graham being strong enough in this league at the moment .

No. And nor do Rose & Angol offer the same physical strength either. Maybe now is the time to reconsider our striking options?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum