{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Beano » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 pm

He was less prolific than Rob Duffy fgs

And fell over more often
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Whoever we bring in now, it's likely they'll be better than a demotivated, unfit and disliked Danny Rose. Get him out for a decent fee and use that plus the Angol money to bring in James Collins.

James Collins has started Luton's first two league games. Do you think they are going to let him out on loan with a view to get cash in January?

Danny Rose is not disliked by me. He had his head turned. It is easily resolved if all parties want to.

Didn't know that Collins had started games this season. Last I heard, he was out of favour. He probably won't be possible then.

I'm sure there are some fans who don't dislike Rose, like you, but he's certainly disliked now by many.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:My post was not slanted against DF at all Mutiny. It was just making the point that replacement signings do not always turn out to be better than the players they have replaced. I'm sure we can think of plenty of examples. Matt Green being replaced by Jimmy Spencer and Lee Angol is one of them. Managers will live or die by the quality of their signings. They need to get more right than wrong. I wish DF well. I'm not sure he envisaged a situation a few weeks ago where his only replacement forward on the bench was a 20 year old who had not started a league game. I'm sure he is concerned about this situation and wants it resolving as soon as possible either by signing another forward on loan (or loan to buy); or by bringing Danny Rose back into the group. I hope for the fans, the club, JR and DF that his meeting with Danny Rose goes well today otherwise we may be in limbo until the end of the month. We will need another quality forward like Danny if we are going for promotion.

Hallelujah, I think you might have stumbled upon the point Darren! As you say, a manager lives and dies by his signings, yet you were happy to sack our new manager when he hadn't had the chance to sign anyone - so which is it? Secondly, it must also be pointed out that still DF cannot completely sign his own players because of what he was left with by Evans. Only when the players he does not want have left and been replaced can we completely judge the manager. As others have said, I think DF should certainly mount a promotion challenge this season (I am sure he will) but I think only by next summer will he truly have been able to completely build his own squad.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Managers live and die by results. Signings are just a talking point for fans.

Let's face it, we could all disagree with the managers transfer activity but if we're winning every one will be happy.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm

most would i agree lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I never said I would sack him Rob. I just pointed out that he messed up badly in the last 12 games which I think is a view shared by many fans. He did not have to change a lot to secure a play off spot but he made too many changes. Financially it would have been madness to sack DF as he's probably on a 2.5 year contract.

I have some sympathy for DF with the current striker situation but you could argue that this needed sorting out months ago. I'm reading between the lines but I assume DF was planning on keeping Lee Angol (as he was not transfer listed) but was not sure about Danny Rose's fitness and ability to fit into his 3-5-2 system. If that was the case then Danny Rose should have been put on the transfer list back in June.

DF may argue that he was planning to keep both Lee Angol and Danny Rose but then JR told him that we needed to reduce the size of the playing budget and we needed to lose a striker and DF's preferred option was too sell Danny Rose. However nobody was prepared to meet JR's asking price for Danny so he ended up having to sell Lee Angol instead. We'll have to wait for the next Fans' Forums to ask these questions. We do seem to be short of experienced strikers at the moment. Hopefully it will be resolved this week.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:01 pm

pemill wrote:For all the good stuff he did last season he let himself down with his constant, not very convincing, diving - never liked it and never will, it's cheating and spoils the game for me. He often got bullied by defenders and last but not least once 'fat boy' had gone Danny went with him, in mind.

The lad has made it clear he doesn't want to be here, so let's move onwards & upwards.

My feelings entirely. Can't believe Danny's chat with DF lasted very long....Danny'll be off on loan elsewhere by end August.

Good bye and good luck Danny
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I never said I would sack him Rob. I just pointed out that he messed up badly in the last 12 games which I think is a view shared by many fans. He did not have to change a lot to secure a play off spot but he made too many changes. Financially it would have been madness to sack DF as he's probably on a 2.5 year contract.

I have some sympathy for DF with the current striker situation but you could argue that this needed sorting out months ago. I'm reading between the lines but I assume DF was planning on keeping Lee Angol (as he was not transfer listed) but was not sure about Danny Rose's fitness and ability to fit into his 3-5-2 system. If that was the case then Danny Rose should have been put on the transfer list back in June.

DF may argue that he was planning to keep both Lee Angol and Danny Rose but then JR told him that we needed to reduce the size of the playing budget and we needed to lose a striker and DF's preferred option was too sell Danny Rose. However nobody was prepared to meet JR's asking price for Danny so he ended up having to sell Lee Angol instead. We'll have to wait for the next Fans' Forums to ask these questions. We do seem to be short of experienced strikers at the moment. Hopefully it will be resolved this week.
I think it’s obvious he intended to keep both Angol and Rose. If not they surely would have been on the transfer list like Digby, Anderson etc.

It was only when high earners like Anderson and Diamond didn’t move on that JR realised the wage bill was too heavy.As a result they came to the conclusion they were top heavy in the strikers dept.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Just wonder if this situation is already costing us. Didn't go on Saturday at Yeovil, but taking off a striker and bringing on a midfielder,doesn't strike me as trying to win the game. If a team aiming for promotion needs a half dozen or more away wins, I'm sure Yeovil with 6 players missing would have been 1 of them pencilled in.
If Rose would have been available, would he have come on?
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

victor A block wrote:Just wonder if this situation is already costing us. Didn't go on Saturday at Yeovil, but taking off a striker and bringing on a midfielder,doesn't strike me as trying to win the game. If a team aiming for promotion needs a half dozen or more away wins, I'm sure Yeovil with 6 players missing would have been 1 of them pencilled in.
If Rose would have been available, would he have come on?

Yes the situation is costing us.

Which is why his agent needs to earn his corn and find him a better club.

That'll leave us with the opportunity to strengthen and move on.

Danny and his agent have caused the upset, not DF, JR or CR. They need to take responsibility and get a move sorted.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Over reaction
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Danny Rose

Postby west country stag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Anybody heard how his meeting with Flipper went this afternoon ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm

What got said in Flip-flops meeting with Rose? WHY AREN'T WE BEING TOLD?!!!!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Re: Danny Rose

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:35 pm

No doubt the usual suspects on here will have been sat in on the meeting and let us know
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:No doubt the usual suspects on here will have been sat in on the meeting and let us know

There’s a bloody linch mob waiting.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I never said I would sack him Rob. I just pointed out that he messed up badly in the last 12 games which I think is a view shared by many fans. He did not have to change a lot to secure a play off spot but he made too many changes. Financially it would have been madness to sack DF as he's probably on a 2.5 year contract.

I think it’s obvious he intended to keep both Angol and Rose. If not they surely would have been on the transfer list like Digby, Anderson etc.

It was only when high earners like Anderson and Diamond didn’t move on that JR realised the wage bill was too heavy.As a result they came to the conclusion they were top heavy in the strikers dept.

JR stated before he went to Russia for world cup that we were top heavy on strikers and at least one had to go. That was middle of June some 8 weeks ago. At the time DR was injured so impossible to sell for right price. Cant help feeling that this is NOT all Danny Rose to blame at all when his transfer request went in 6 weeks after JRs comment. What a bleeding mess
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Who was it who said rumour was we had a better replacement lined up? Also who’s the player?
Also how is it costing us?
Four points from six, says it isn’t just yet!!! It might further down the line.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:50 pm

I suspect he may get on the pitch tomorrow night to test the water to a return to first team duties
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 pm

:) Long meeting then :) Get the tissues ready
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:02 pm

I think we were all disappointed how the season ended, some blame DF, others like me blame Evans (and his players) almost entirely. I have said all along that a manager must be able to bring in his own players before he can be fully judged. He needs time with these players and they need time with him. To judge a manager on results with players not of his own choosing is unfair and short-sighted - thankfully, our owner agrees with the majority of fans willing to give DF a fair crack. Frankly the situation with Rose is Rose's doing, your constant attempts to blame it on the manager and his supposed awful relationship with Rose just underlines that with you and a few others, he will never get a fair crack. As for who decides who was sold, surely you accept that the club will only sell when the owner thinks the offer has met his valuation of the player, so the offer for Angol was acceptable, the offer for Rose wasn't.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:I suspect he may get on the pitch tomorrow night to test the water to a return to first team duties

I doubt it.

And more importantly he doesn’t deserve to.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:I suspect he may get on the pitch tomorrow night to test the water to a return to first team duties

I doubt it.

Give up you lot. You’re treating him like a mass murderer!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:22 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I doubt it.

Give up you lot. You’re treating him like a mass murderer!
We aren’t Edders.

It will give the wrong message to others, if he is allowed to walk straight back into the side.

If Davies and Walker are rested, I would put Graham and Stirling James in ahead of him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Yeah because a front two of Graham and OSJ screams good enough to beat the L2 champions.

If Rose does return to the fray, some of you lot are just going to have to deal with it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:51 pm

He is not match fit.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum